Type R Meeting - Amature

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 10 comments
United States
Everywhere
Ok, since this doesn't appear to be a very popular style of series competition I'll keep this short. I used a stock NSX Type R with Super slicks.

Way over powered. I was ~2sec / lap faster average for every race. The cool thing was I had two other NSXes racing with me.

The other cool thing - I ran race five, 7 laps of Monaco, completely in third gear and still won by four seconds (:

I won the purple Spoon S2000. Yay. I am trying to get the Mugen so I'm running it again with a fully assed NSX. My times are much quicker (duh) so hopefully it won't take long to get to the point of using the load / save technique.

Then I'm going to try to beat it with the Accord Euro Type R Whachamajigga. I wonder what kind of tuning that's going to take.

Speaking of the Mugen ... what different colors does it come in? I've seen it in silver and purple on different websites.

yellow and white I believe, and possible the ill-fabled blue, but then again I might be toying with your S2k emotions :D. . . You should expand on this race. The Accord Type R is a car I still have yet to tackle with, but Go ahead and throw a full race suspension on that biznitch and don't power it with anything more then 300 hp. . . Give an extreme toe in on the front and an extreme toe out on the rear, Drop the front spring rate and raise the rear. . . Give yourself a good amount of bound and a fairly decent amount of rebound and keep the front stabs losser then the rear and you should be fine :D

I ran this with a Honda ITR of about 250hp. I believe I needed to use a stock NSX-R to get gold at R246, because I just couldn't dig in at the launch the way he could and try as hard as I might I couldn't ever quite catch him by the end. I did note finishing more than a full minute ahead of the Accord-R in every race, so I think you have your work cut out for you.

My Mugen S2000 is a sort of deep Midnight Blue with the CF hood.

Well, I ran it with an Accord Euro Type R. All upgrades except exaust, chip, and engine tuning. I forget the HP. But I won each race by just a couple seconds so I was pleased with the competition. I might make it a little more difficult, though, as the Mugen I won was black. Haven't seen black before, but I'd also like something different.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Speaking of the Mugen ... what different colors does it come in? I've seen it in silver and purple on different websites.
New Formula Red
Midnight Pearl
Monte Carlo Blue Pearl
Grand Prix White
Indy Yellow Pearl
Silver Stone Metallic
Berlina Black.

AO

For me I beat the Type R (amateur) in my NSX with a few mods and a stage 2 (not the best driver). I was pretty much tied with the other nsx, but then i added the carbon driveshaft and i won by huge amounts of time....in the beginner Type R meeting I took my NSX there for the fun of it and was 1:20 faster than second place, and 1:30 faster than last (2 lap race). That was fun:D

I went and did both the amatuer and the beginner races again in the spoon civic type r.It made things alot more interesting and somewhat more fun than the usual pummeling the competition with my 400+ horsepower turbo Teg(integra).

I tried the Amatuer Type R race with a stock NSX Type R and the AI NSX ran rings around me. Damn cheating AI. The fully modded Accord Euro Type R was a much more even match.

Back