Tyrian 2000 classic gaming problem

Does anyone remember, the Retro style shooter 'Tyrian', and the modified version i have 'Tyrian 2000'
ok the problem is, the sound, i reckon that because Tyrian 2000 can run on DOS lol, yeh, so its not compatible with my sound cards.
So i can play the game, without the sound, yes its really quite irritating, you are playing a classic, but ur missing the iceing on the cake.
Since this game can run on perhaps Ancient sound drivers and sound cards and whatever, does anyone know what i can do about this?

it can run on these sound drivers
-Gravis Ultrasound
-SoundBlaster AWE
-Ensoniq soundscape Rap 10 Terratec Maestro32

Know anything about these?
Thanks

Meglo
Sorry, i just Really need the sound for this game!! =D

Meglomaniac
Does anyone remember, the Retro style shooter 'Tyrian', and the modified version i have 'Tyrian 2000'
ok the problem is, the sound, i reckon that because Tyrian 2000 can run on DOS lol, yeh, so its not compatible with my sound cards.
So i can play the game, without the sound, yes its really quite irritating, you are playing a classic, but ur missing the iceing on the cake.
Since this game can run on perhaps Ancient sound drivers and sound cards and whatever, does anyone know what i can do about this?

it can run on these sound drivers
-Gravis Ultrasound
-SoundBlaster AWE
-Ensoniq soundscape Rap 10 Terratec Maestro32

Know anything about these?
Thanks

Meglo
Sorry, i just Really need the sound for this game!! =D

No probs...

Assuming you're running XP, have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode ?.. Most (Note: MOST) older DOS games can be persuaded to run under XP. And at decent speed too since your current PC is probably a little faster than your old DOS box...

And most soundcards will emulate SB....

Mmm... Gravis.... Good times !...

alright then
thanks
how my friend, do i get my older DOS game, to run, at near 100% efficiency under XP?
i have heard of it though, my memory never serves me well lol.
so yeh, ummm, thanks
Gravis n all this other stuff, sounds like the stone age of sound drivers lol
right thanks

meglo

Meglomaniac
alright then
thanks
how my friend, do i get my older DOS game, to run, at near 100% efficiency under XP?
i have heard of it though, my memory never serves me well lol.
so yeh, ummm, thanks
Gravis n all this other stuff, sounds like the stone age of sound drivers lol
right thanks

meglo

Allllriighty then...

Rightclick the desired icon, select properties. Somwhere there should be a page named "Compatibility" - Try messing a little with those settings for each individual game. Most DOS game will function in "Windows 95" mode - but you may want to try different settings...

And - You may want to check THIS page as well... Good luck !

Back