TZ250 Yamaha - Challenge Difficulty

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 128 comments
United States
PA
FredzyN2
Has anyone encountered a little extra difficulty acuiring the Yamaha TZ250?

They give you 2 laps at Tsukuba to catch 2 riders.. no sweat right? It wasn't easy. Maybe there was something I was missing? Either way, I beat it... narrowly but I did.

Say something if you know what I'm talking about.

hi this is one of the hardst part in the game so far its really dificult i ride good hitout making any mistake and always keep away from the race winners for 2 or even 3 seconds .

y want to win this bike to participate in the tz250 race
because y have the moriwaki cbr 1000, and also the kawasaki of the suzuka 8 hours type sorry i dont remenber the sponsor and because if you win the yamaha series you win a yamaha version bike who participates in the suzuka 8 hours y believe is the red one with the star on the side of the bike who appears in several pictures on the photo mode of this section of this forumand also in the intro of the game.

thanks to all y wait for help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup ... that's one of the hardest challenge for me
I need to brake acurately everytime
and accelerate at the right moment
otherwise no way you can catch the final rider
as I recalled it earlier with my chinese version
someone suggested to enter the corner as sharp as possible

I havn't got that bike either, but I went and got the expert licensce and got a better one. I gave up on that one after beating the dude and falling into the grass coming out of the last corner.

i,ve got within 1 length of the leader,but that was on the last straightaway....very difficult....hahaha dont even try to cut the chicane,lol

the tz125 challenge is easy considering ya only have to pass one guy

no way! its not easy at all! especially for beginers like me. funny you mention that race as it was the only novice level bike i couldnt get. now i got my junior liscence and im having trouble finding a bike im good enough to get :indiff:

lmracer
no way! its not easy at all! especially for beginers like me. funny you mention that race as it was the only novice level bike i couldnt get. now i got my junior liscence and im having trouble finding a bike im good enough to get :indiff:

you'll get it.....it's takes a bit of time to find the particular spot(s) in the challenges where you need to pick up speed or you can gain time on the other riders.....

mac292
you'll get it.....it's takes a bit of time to find the particular spot(s) in the challenges where you need to pick up speed or you can gain time on the other riders.....

yeah, im not discouraged or anything. i know there is a learning curve that im not apexing yet :)

Yea, I got all the racebikes, not a single challenge was nearly, nearlyyyy as hard as the TZ250 challenge.

It just doesn't make sense. I better get the best bike in the history of the universe fot the TZ250 series. I don't look at the prize bike list... I like being surprised.

ohhhh boy finally i got it after 3 days for me the key has to be perfect braking and also excelent track racing lines i beat it the computer bike by time not finishing first in the race y repeat took me 3 days to get it but i did it.

after that y gone to race the tz250 series championship winning it by 1 point and receiving the beautiful yamaha yzf r1 rm suzuka 8 hrs just amaizing guys

FINALLY!!!!!!!

It only took me 6 hours of wanting to break everything in sight, except I can't feel my right thumb anymore..............
Why o why did they have to make 1 challenge soo dificult!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

im just having troubles with the bike. in my expernce, it likes to have the rear brake held into the corner then not get on the gas until your out of the corner or else itll understeer straight off the course.

i dont like the track either, but, the added chicane seems to make it slightly more enjoyable :(

I don't think you can get the TZ250 anywhere else in the game. It's a tough challenge, but it's not impossible. If you can get within 2 secs with a clean line...you can beat it with a a dirty one ;)

:( seconds too slow

What riding form are those who have completed the challenge using? I normally (in every other challenge/race except the 125cc race) use one with the rider fully off twisting a bit with his knee all the way out.

SypnerP
I don't think you can get the TZ250 anywhere else in the game. It's a tough challenge, but it's not impossible. If you can get within 2 secs with a clean line...you can beat it with a a dirty one;)
What do you mean by "dirty line"? Cutting across grass results in a failure, as does causing another rider to fall or falling yourself.

I just beat it after about an hour and 15 minutes of trying. Total time 2'01.748, using the Body Lean riding form.

Pretty much the only tip I can give is: try to grab the apex and do not tuck unless you are pushing wide on exit.

As for the "dirty line" ... I get what he meant. In the last corner I was about a second behind, so I went inside as much as possible, started braking late, bumped off the other rider and then got on the throttle.

I hope that helps someone.

Finally, I did it. I was on fire last night practically collecting gold licenses, took me about 30 minutes and 50 tries, including 1 where I passed the first guy, led for 4 seconds and went off course and failed :( Finally I passed him and the 10 second clock would have expired just after I crossed the finish line!

I found the trick to be coming out of the Dunlop bridge, hit the corner on the right, brake a bit to stick to the curb on the left hairpin and gun it out of that turn and all the way down to the hairpin before the long straight. Then draft the #1 guy up that straight and outbrake him in the final corner, sticking close to the inside so he can't overtake you underneath if you're a bit slow through the final corner.

I can’t believe somebody hasn’t mentioned this yet. As it’s a championship you have the option of qualifying to gain a better starting position. It’s the same as GT4, simply set the fastest lap in the Practice, and pole will be yours…

ALPHA
I can’t believe somebody hasn’t mentioned this yet. As it’s a championship you have the option of qualifying to gain a better starting position. It’s the same as GT4, simply set the fastest lap in the Practice, and pole will be yours…

Its a challenge so theres no qualifying , you have to get past the 2 bikes to win the TZ250.

Oh shoot, I thought every was talking about the TZ250 Championship, sorry! :embarrassed:

Then again, the TZ250 Championship doesn't have a race at Tsukuba or 2 opponents...

This test took me about 30 minutes of failing, and then about 10 minutes the next day to finally win.

As for "time" markers, You should have a good chance if you pass the first driver (2nd place) around the Dunlop Tire area. Most of the time, if I passed him around the following hairpin, it would be too late to catch up to the 1st place driver.

I would recommend, as others have, to brake late and aim deep into the corner. Then, upon exit, tuck the drivers head to get an appropriate angle on the corner exit and you should have no problem.

After all of this, I crossed the finish line with 01 secnds lift before I would have won anyways.

I did it! It was a stone cold b**** to win, but I did it. To paraphrase The Sting:

"Your boss is a good racer. How does he do it?"
"He cheats."

Yes, it's true. I raced a dirty line to win it. I cut the chicane at the Dunlop bridge in the first lap. Going across the grass there won't disqualify you. But you can't be on the throttle or the bike will low-side. You have to wait until the bike is on the green-painted asphalt, then you can gun it. I didn't cut it on the second lap, because I was right behind the second bike and I didn't want to take the chance of dropping the bike. I late-braked him at the end of the back straight and then it was a race to see if I would win by 10 seconds or pass the finish line first. I crossed the finish line first, but just as the counter was reaching zero.

Back