• 7 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I've got the opportunity to go to the U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis this fall.  There aren't many tickets left, but there are some seats still available.  The question is: which one is best?  Take a look at the seating map here.  Just click on all races on the navigation menu.

I also have some questions.  Will there be many scalpers selling good seats?  Where would the best seats in the house be?  Can you walk around inside of the infield and see the cars going through the good parts (corners) during the race?

This will be the biggest race I've ever actually been to (with the exception of a dog race I went to in Florida one time...), so I really have no clue.  Some people I will be going with have been to the Indy 500 before, but they're afraid to say anything because they don't know how different it would be for a F1 race.

I will have a look through last years Autosports because they will say where the best place  to watch is but if you do get the chance to go snap it up because it is an amazing experiance.

Sorry Jordan but Autosport seem to have let me down and didn't publish any info on spectating at Indy but I will keep on looking through other magazines that I have but if it was me that was going, I would probably want to be on the main straight, either at the end because car will slipstream past each other or I would want to sit near where they ome of the long last bend.

A,B,H or J would be my preference and going back to one of your other questions, you will need a centre transfer to go into the paddock.

That's OK.  The only seating area still available that you mentioned was A.  It says that I can get Paddock Pass, should I go for that to get inside the oval?  I was looking at the map again, and the G section down there at the bottom was still available.  I want to see the cars going (fairly) slow so I can get a better look at them, and it looks like they'd be accelerating right through there coming onto the oval section.

What I will do is check the map and then run a few laps on GP3 to see what the cars will be doing on those sections.

Latest Posts

Back