UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 786 comments
Liverpool and Arsenal you have my sword.

Tottenham and Arsenal for me.

Tottenham winning the CL would be a big underdog victory. Their modern European pedigree isn't that great. The Bale hattrick vs Inter Milan was an early sign of them causing upsets and the 3-1 victory vs Real Madrid in 2017 was the real beginning of them becoming a strong European team. Before that I'm not sure there's much to say.

Four English teams in the two European finals in the same season has never happened before...

Tottenham and Arsenal for me.

Tottenham winning the CL would be a big underdog victory. Their modern European pedigree isn't that great. The Bale hattrick vs Inter Milan was an early sign of them causing upsets and the 3-1 victory vs Real Madrid in 2017 was the real beginning of them becoming a strong European team. Before that I'm not sure there's much to say.
I’d rather Liverpool win it than Tottenham. At least the former play great football and have looked like the real deal. We tossed this Spurs side around like a salad.

The final is tomorrow!
This explains why I am not in the pub tonight.

I am neutral but I would like to see Spurs win, even though I will be watching it in the same bar as the official Glasgow Liverpool supporter's club... :ill:

A Liverpool win would be more entertaining though, and I'd like to see the celebrations in the pub if Liverpool do win... and I think they will. Ironically, my liver will be supporting Spurs since my mate is likely to go crazy if Liverpool win and buy us drinks all night, so I'm expecting a sore head on Sunday unless Spurs can pull off a win.

I'm watching it in Prag after a gaelic tournament I'm playing in. There'll be about 100 players and at least 60 of them will have some stake or interest in this match.

Good luck to whomever has to do the afterparty awards and speeches with no-one paying attention...

Thank goodness I'm busy with moving this weekend so I can't watch it. I want Liverpool to win but I almost would rather just see the score after the game is over instead of possibly watching them lose live.

Excited for the match. We've sorted out the goalkeeper position having binned off Karius. Tottenham are playing a returned-to-fitness Kane, who won't be as sharp as usual. Hoping for a simple and easy Liverpool win, but prepared for a tense thing.

As we've seen in the Semis, it's not over until the final whistle blows. If Liverpool are 4 goals up as it goes into injury time, I'll still be worried...

1-0 at half time, Salah penalty given after just 25 seconds, no idea what Sissoko was doing with his arm up like that. a bit cagey since then but Liverpool have had most of the chances.

Whoever wins this should go down as the most undeserving winners of the Champions League. Neither team deserve to win!

Whoever wins this should go down as the most undeserving winners of the Champions League. Neither team deserve to win!
Whoever wins, it'll be won by a team which lost 4 games in the whole tournament - a new record.

The penalty ruined the game. It gave Liverpool no reason to chase the game and they were happy to sit back and bleed the spirit out of Tottenham with good defense.

Motm has been either Alderweireld or Vertonghen though, as they've snuffed out virtually every Liverpool attack apart from that corner.

EDIT: After these last few mins, Allisson maybe for MOTM, he's been faultless. Karius who?

Yyyyyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Nowhere near as memorable as the miracle of Istanbul, but we'll done Liverpool, well done Salah and Origi for actually taking a chance during the game and well done Klopp for finally winning a final!!!

Regroup Tottenham, spend some money and let's hope this disappointment fires the likes of Dier, Alli and Kane up to win the Nations League later this month!

I considered turning it off at half time, stuck with it thinking it'll kick off. Never did, wasn't a great watch. Much preferred the other English match between City and Spurs.

Ajax and Barcelona must have been watching that final with the head in their hands. An open goal missed for both.

Well deserved for Liverpool, no shame at all from me in saying that, they weren't the better team in the match but used their experience to get the win.

As for Tottenham, it was amazing they got this far after no spending in the last two windows, Pochettino has done an incredible job, I think their time will come but they have to build on this and start spending again.

Also Simon Mignolet, Alberto Moreno, Dejan Lovren and Daniel Sturridge are now Champions League winners! :lol:

A poor game, but a fair result in the end.

I watched the game in a packed pub with over 200 Liverpool supporters and three brave Spurs supporters, only one of which was wearing a Spurs top. We got to the pub at 6.10 pm and it was not a moment too soon - a couple of friends arrived 15 minutes later but the doors had already been closed, as the pub was full to capacity. The atmosphere was great and the place went berserk after just 25 seconds - even though the penalty was, IMO, very unfair. The poor guy in the Spurs top was treated like a hero after the game, which was really pretty great to see.

Liverpool were solid in defense and I agree that Allison should have been awarded the MOTM award - but the decision to play (and not sub off) Harry Kane proved to be decisive... why Lucas Moura didn't get to start is beyond me, and it's a decision that will no doubt haunt Pochettino. Spurs will hopefully regroup but I reckon that Liverpool will strengthen next season and could be a dominant force in the EPL for a good few years now...

Back