UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 789 comments
Agree with that @Touring Mars, except for the penalty bit... clear one for me as although it wasn’t deliberate, Sissoko’s arm was out and he gained a significant advantage from it.

Ajax and Barcelona must have been watching that final with the head in their hands. An open goal missed for both.
Nah... they both had great chances to reach the final but blew it epically.

Finals are often tense affairs and both sets of players would have been very nervous, and eager not to make mistakes - both teams were very cagey and sometimes this can dominate (and ruin) whole games.

But neither Ajax or Barcelona would have any right to watch the game last night and have the audacity to think they could have done any better.

I watched the highlights and even that was ass. Only 2 things in 90 minutes worth mentioning. A field running blonde, and the 2-0.

Over 850,000 attended Liverpool's victory parade! :crazy:

I was reading BBC reports and other media outlets last night saying they expected tens of thousands of people to attend and I thought, "they're underestimating that number by a mile". :lol:

No one seems to mention that the 99 final was terrible, it was the Lothar Matheus (Im certain the spelling is wrong) show,
This one was the Virgil show, I'm sure I saw him sprint during the final.
75 million was an absolute bargain for Ten Men

Neither VVD or Alison deserved MOTM.... It was Coutinho for paying for them! :lol: Thanks Phil!!

The game itself was truly awful, not that it matters now of course! 👍

The first final I did not go to since the 80's :ill: But on the plus side, it's the first trophy I was sober enough to remember us lifting since the 90's :lol: Went the parade like, can just about remember the bus going past.... Probably going to swerve the CS but it's Istanbul for the Super Cup, can't miss that! and I swear I'm wearing a Go-Pro strapped to my head! The boys are already scouting out Qatar for the Club World Cup too!... I hope it is not as bad as UAE for breaking laws?... :confused:

Just in case, Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! :cheers:

Real Madird were 0-2 down at home to Brugge but their opponents had a player sent off and then two Real goals made it 2-2.

Tottenham 2-7 Bayern Munich, four from Gnabry, two from Lewandowski and one from Kimmich, Kane and Son for Spurs, Spurs just fell apart in the second half.

Liverpool 4-3 Salzburg, Liverpool 3-1 up at the break but Salzburg were fantastic in the second half with two quick goals, Salah with the winner in the 75th minute.

Barcelona beat Inter 2-1, Chelsea beat Lille 1-2 and Ajax had a nice 0-3 away win against Valencia.

Do we have a Europa League thread or do we discuss that in here.

I feel as though I've seen one but can't find it.

Champions League is back tonight and tomorrow night.

Juventus are 0-1 down at home to Lokomotiv Moscow, Both Spurs and Man City are 5-0 and 5-1 up against Red Star and Atalanta respectively, Both Bayern and PSG are winning comfortably.

Edit, now Juve 1-1 Moscow!

Champions League is back this week, as the group stage heads towards its conclusion.

Scenes at the Atalanta-Man City game tonight, Ederson went off injured at half time, substitute Claudio Bravo got himself sent off on 80 mins and right back Kyle Walker had to go in goal...and he actually made some good saves, game finished 1-1.

Spurs had a big win over Red Star beating them 0-4 away from home, Son put an upsetting weekend behind him and scored twice and he appeared to apologise to Andre Gomes during his celebration fort he second goal, Real Madrid beat Galatasaray 6-0 and Rodrygo scored a perfect hat-trick, he is only 18!

Back