UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
The Barcelona result was a shock. :eek:

I'm leaning towards Lyon or Leipzig to win it, probably Lyon more because they are not backed by loads of money. I like an underdog if my team are not there. ;) :lol:

I think it will probably be Bayern in the end though. I hope it is not PSG though, as I can't stand Neymar.

The benefit of Bayern winning it is that Liverpool would get another £4.5m as part of the Coutinho transfer. Coutinho, the player that keeps on giving. :lol: When Liverpool inserted the add on clause for winning the Champion's League, they would have assumed it would be with Barcelona. Good business that they linked it to the players 'successes' and not Barca's. ;)

PSG beat Leipzig 0-3 and progress to their first Champions League final.

PSG were largely dominant throughout and deserve to go through. Marquinhos, Di Maria and Bernat got the goals.

The second semi final between Bayern Munich and Lyon is on Wednesday night with the final on Sunday night.

Comfortable 3-0 win for Bayern over Lyon in the second semi final.

Lyon had some great early chances but Bayern got their first from a brilliant solo strike from Gnabry and then Gnabry bundled the second goal over the line, Lewandowski predictably got Bayern's third and his 15th in the CL this season in the 88th minute (and his 60th this season!)

Its PSG v Bayern Munich is the final on Sunday night.

Champions League final is tonight between Paris St Germain and Bayern Munich.

Its hard for me to predict a winner as it seems to close to call, should be a cracking game though.

Champions League final is tonight between Paris St Germain and Bayern Munich.

Its hard for me to predict a winner as it seems to close to call, should be a cracking game though.
I won't be able to see the game, but I hope it is as good as the Europa League Final match. :-)

I have no affection for either team, but dislike PSG, ;) so I hope Bayern win. And if it goes with the quality of the whole team, Bayern 'should' have the edge. I hope there are lengthy highlights to watch on Monday. :)

Neymar was actually fantastic in the quarter final and semi final...

Neymar is a fantastic player, but I don't like his on field antics. The Neymar rollrollrollrollrolll became a meme for a reason.

I'm team Bayern tonight, not hugely fussed either way but I dislike PSG, they're like the French Man City.

Some players might be more blatant about it, but every single team/player cheats during games, whether it's claiming for throw ins or falling over to eat up time late on, when they feel a hand on their back. I don't like diving, but while it's such a big part of the game, I want my team to do it too.

Some players might be more blatant about it, but every single team/player cheats during games, whether it's claiming for throw ins or falling over to eat up time late on, when they feel a hand on their back. I don't like diving, but while it's such a big part of the game, I want my team to do it too.
I get your point about all teams having players that cheat in some way or another but some players are more blatant, but I don't ever want to see or enjoy seeing players do it, in my team or otherwise.

And I am not saying no United players dive or ever cheat BTW, I'm just saying I hate to see it and other teams doing it doesn't make me want to my team to do it.

But there is also the caveat that not all players cheat equally, some players cheat more often than others and some of the more blatant cheaters are by far the worst for it. Neymar falls into that category for me.

Also for those who don't have BT Sport the final is beaing streamed on YouTube and is free to watch.

The Germans are attacking but the French Resistance is holding up well...

My Dad just spotted that the man in charge of the German side is called H. Flick :lol:

Last edited:
I get your point about all teams having players that cheat in some way or another but some players are more blatant, but I don't ever want to see or enjoy seeing players do it, in my team or otherwise.

And I am not saying no United players dive or ever cheat BTW, I'm just saying I hate to see it and other teams doing it doesn't make me want to my team to do it.

But there is also the caveat that not all players cheat equally, some players cheat more often than others and some of the more blatant cheaters are by far the worst for it. Neymar falls into that category for me.

Also for those who don't have BT Sport the final is beaing streamed on YouTube and is free to watch.

Not saying I want my players to dive with no contact, but I don't want them to be honest and stay on their feet when there is contact, because that only wins you plaudits not football games. Something your team gets and hopefully more players in my team will learn under Jose ;)

4aaW5ZT.gif

No trophy for you.

Not saying I want my players to dive with no contact, but I don't want them to be honest and stay on their feet when there is contact, because that only wins you plaudits not football games. Something your team gets and hopefully more players in my team will learn under Jose ;)
Ah ok, I think I get you.

The problem when there is contact is it might be a foul but not be given unless you go down and in those cases I get it.

Well deserved for Bayern, they have been by far the best team in Europe this season and I'll never forget the way they dismantled the Barcelona team with surgical precision, they have no real weaknesses in their team and some of the players that are on the bench will walk into most teams in Europe.

It is progress for PSG but it will be interesting to see what Neymar and Mbappe will be from here.

Coman has actually now won 20 major trophies in his career and he is still only 24!! :crazy:

I couldn't believe Mbappe didn't bury it. Should have put his boot through it.

Instead he basically ended up passing it to Neuer.

Tough group for United and we'll do well to qualify, Ronaldo v Messi for the first time since Ronaldo left La Liga....I think!

Real Madrid v. Inter and Liverpool v. Atalanta should be good. Dortmund should make it through without much trouble.

Champions League group stage starts tomorrow night.

Some of the games taking place this week are: PSG v Man United, Lazio v Dortmund, Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid and Ajax v Liverpool.

So I'm going to get a little over-excited right now and I don't care because...

MAN UNITED HAVE JUST BEATEN PSG IN PARIS AGAIN!!!! :cheers:

Finished 2-1 to united with Rashford with the winner in the 86th minute, and the win wasn't a fluke as we were the better team, PSG had more possession as you'd expect but they didn't do too much with it and young Axel Tuanzebe in the centre of defence kept Mbappe quiet as did Wan Bissaka for Neymar and Di Maria.

SO HAPPY!!! :D

So I'm going to get a little over-excited right now and I don't care because...

MAN UNITED HAVE JUST BEATEN PSG IN PARIS AGAIN!!!! :cheers:

Finished 2-1 to united with Rashford with the winner in the 86th minute, and the win wasn't a fluke as we were the better team, PSG had more possession as you'd expect but they didn't do too much with it and young Axel Tuanzebe in the centre of defence kept Mbappe quiet as did Wan Bissaka for Neymar and Di Maria.

SO HAPPY!!! :D
It was a proper solid performance that, I thought starting Tuanzebe was a big riskwhen I saw the team sheet, but he had a fabulous game. Telles has a solid debut as well and Wan-Bissaka took no prisoners, some brilliant defending.

But it wasn't all defending either, we did well all over the pitch tonight and more thna deserved to take the points.

Last edited:
Back