UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Missed the first half because I was in work but watched all the second half, Was so impressed with the teams performance, I really thought that PSG would batter us.

As for Tuanzebe, he came in because Maguire and Bailly were missing, it was his first game in nearly a year, and he played like that!

Same, though I didn't think PSG would steamroller us, I did think they would put us under a lot more pressure than they managed and that we would be loking for a smash and grab to get anything from the game. But everyone put in a real shift tonight and we ended up more than deserving to win. If we keep playing like that we will be solid this year.

And if Axel can stay fit and be consistent he could be exactley what we need at the back, but he will probably be eased in given how long he was out.

Last edited:
3-0 to Shakhtar Donetsk at the moment. I'm just waiting for the news that the entire Real 1st team has Covid.

2-3 now, worth pointing out that Shakhtar are missing 10 players because of Covid.

IMG_20201021_210331.jpg

Pictured: Zidane without Bale

OGS is a muppet for using VDB for three minutes.
I'm not sure if that's serious, he tactically sat PSG down. That was a perfect game, no need to change anything apart from the Martial own goal.

Don't get me wrong, i would like to see Van De Beek get more minutes, but he totally justfied his team selection, formation and substitutions in that match.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that's serious, he tactically sat PSG down. That was a perfect game, no need to change anything apart from the Martial own goal.

Don't get me wrong, i would like to see Van De Beek get more minutes, but he totally justfied his team selection, formation and substitutions in that match.

100% This.

I'm all for criticizing the tactics and team selection when we lose but when he win and put in a performance like we did on Tuesday night?!, Pfft I mean come on.

Champions League matchday two is tonight and tomorrow night, pick of the games is Juventus v Barcelona.

Real Madrid only just managed to snatch a point away to Moenchengladbach with two late goals from Benzema and Casemiro. game finished 2-2.

Liverpool laboured a bit in their game which they won 2-0 but worse news might be to come as Fabinho went off injured in the first half, he has been standing in for Van Dijk in the centre of defence.

Last edited:
Barcelona beat Juventus 2-0 away from home, Dembele and a Messi penalty got Barca the win, for Juve Alvaro Morata got a hat-trick...of offside goals!

Elsewhere PSG beat Istanbul 2-0 thanks to two second half goals from Moise Kean, Chelsea beat Krasnodar 4-0 and Man United beat Leipzig 5-0 mostly thanks to a hat-trick from Sir Marcus Rashford...who didn't even start the game.

Also Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann's suit looked like he was auditioning for Britain's Got Talent as a Magician.

Speaking of Man Utd's passing, I reckon they may have just redefined the phrase 'Zebra crossing'...

View attachment 969547

Solskjaer's days at Old Trafford are surely numbered - if not just for allowing his team to look like that...
I don't think I have ever seen a professional football team not leave a defender (or two) on the halfway line during a corner like Utd did for the first Basaksehir goal. :eek: As a Liverpool fan I know that you can't give Demba Ba that much space to run into.:( ;) :lol:

I had never really heard of Basaksehir until today, and they have an ex Liverpool player in Skrtel, who I thought he was still at Fenerbahce. :boggled:

Following on from the very good performance in the Premier League on Sunday, Liverpool were terrible tonight, and deservedly lost 2-0. :rolleyes: :lol: Makes their group not as straight forward as it could have been. :rolleyes:

Following on from the very good performance in the Premier League on Sunday, Liverpool were terrible tonight, and deservedly lost 2-0. :rolleyes: :lol: Makes their group not as straight forward as it could have been. :rolleyes:
Both goals seemed to come from crosses towards Liverpool's young left back though I didn't watch the whole match to see how he did.

Elsewhere Arturo Vidal received 2 yellows within 5s for dissent in Inter's loss v Real and Marseille continued their losing streak

Both goals seemed to come from crosses towards Liverpool's young left back though I didn't watch the whole match to see how he did.

Elsewhere Arturo Vidal received 2 yellows within 5s for dissent in Inter's loss v Real and Marseille continued their losing streak
Nobody played well for Liverpool, and Neco Williams was OK, it was just he was up against their best player, Gomez. Not sure if he normally plays on the left, or they targeted William's side.

That's good going by Arturo Vidal, imagine what he must have said! :eek: :lol: From what I have seen of him, he doesn't seem like a chilled out dude. ;)

Real Madrid might struggle to qualify after Shakthar beat them and done the double over them.

Liverpool have qualified after beating Ajax 1-0 courtesy of a Curtis Jones goal after Onana made a bit of a howler in the Ajax goal, Kelleher made his debut for Liverpool after Alisson was ruled out for a couple of weeks, made a fantastic save in the second half.

Man United 1-3 PSG.

Frustrating night, Neymar with two goals and Marquinhos with the other and Rashford with a deflected goal for United, plus a rather bizarre situation involving Fred who should have been sent off for a head butt on Paredes but Ref decided in yellow despite looking at the monitor (when he eventually found it!) He could have easily been given a second yellow for a challenge right before half time and Ole should have subbed him off at the break but didn't and then he of course himself sent off in the second half.

Good game to watch with some great play from both teams but United had two great chances from Cavani hitting the cross bar and Martial firing over from seven yards, we weren't clinical enough, three teams on nine points in the group means we still have work to do in Leipzig next week.

I had the Man Utd v PSG game on a monitor whilst watching other things, so missed a lot. With no sound I could not understand why Fred didn't get sent off for the head butt. :eek: The tackle that gave him his second yellow I thought was on the verge of being an OK challenge as he quite clearly got the ball first and slid into the player, and did not deserve a card imho.
It irritates me so much when Neymar screams for virtually every little touch. :banghead: Such talent, but a detestable human being on the pitch sometimes.

Great win for Chel$ki, and four goals for Giroud, especially away too. 👍

Back