UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Real 3-1 Liverpool
City 2-1 Dortmund

Two goals for Vinicius and the other from Asensio in a pretty impressive performance from Real, Liverpool had their moments and Salah gave them a chance in the second leg but Real were just a step above tonight.

City-Dortmund was a more closer game, De Bruyne put City in front in the first half and in a frantic last few minutes Reus put Dortmund level before Foden put City back in front, 18-year old Bellingham was superb in the center of midfield for Dortmund and ran the show, should have scored but his goal was weirdly ruled out in controversial fashion when he was judged to have fouled Ederson.

Bayern 2-3 PSG
Porto 0-2 Chelsea

Brilliant match in a very snowy Munich, Mbappe gave PSG The lead after just three minutes and Neymar provided a superb assist for Marquinhos for PSG's second, Choupo-Moting made it 1-2 at the break, Muller gave Bayern the equaliser before Mbappe with a great finish to make it 2-3, Bayern were actually the dominant team and had 31 shots on goal, they were on a unbeaten CL streak going back to March 2019 too.

Also Mbappe is now on 27 CL goals at the age of 22! :crazy:

It looked comfortable for Chelsea earlier but it was quite a tight game, Mount with a great turn and finish for their first (and his first CL goal) In the second half Chilwell pounced on a defensive lapse and went round the keeper to make it 0-2, it was a striker's finish from a left back! Nice advantage for Chelsea in the next leg, which is at the same stadium...

City - Blood Money Squad
PSG - Blood Money Squad
Real - Facist Football Squad
Chelsea - Oligarch Money Squad

Worst time-line.

07GqZwy.jpg

CL semi finals.

PSG v Man City
Real Madrid v Chelsea

Liverpool gave it a good go tonight and had some great chances that really should've put away but game finished 0-0 and real go through 3-1.
Dortmund took the lead with Bellingham's great strike v City and they would have gone through on away goals but Mahrez pen and Foden made it 1-2 on the night and 2-4 on agg.

Not a huge amount from Tuesday tbh, Chelsea squeezed through 1-2 v Porto despite a spectacular over-head kick from Taremi in the 93rd minute.
Bayern v PSG was more interesting, a great game much like the first leg with Choupo-Moting getting the only goal of the game, tie finished 3-3 but PSG go through on away goals.

Champions League semi finals are this week, Real Madrid v Chelsea on Tuesday night and Man City v PSG on Wednesday night, both games KO at 8pm GMT.

I think its fair to say that quite a bit has happened since the quarters! Three of the four semi finalists are Super League teams....

Even though I really dislike Neymar, and do not like the dominance PSG have over their domestic league because of their financing, I'd like PSG to win the Champion's League just so one of the '12' don't win it.

Nah, not even the soul-crushing treachery of the 12 is enough to make me want Neymar to win a tournament.
Quite. Neymar is literally the embodiment of what 'The 12' are all about - talented and entertaining, but also greedy, selfish, unnecessarily underhanded, extremely overpaid and doing more to ruin the game than perpetuate it.

Last edited:
Quite. Neymar is literally the embodiment of what 'The 12' are all about - talented and entertaining, but also greedy, selfish, unnecessarily underhanded, extremely overpaid and doing more to ruin the game than perpetuate it.
I don't disagree with any of that, I wouldn't p*** on Neymar if he were on fire. But the '12' were aiming to ruin football in one premeditated act of greed and selfishness with no regard for anyone else, and while those are also the traits of Neymar, he has little effect on football by comparison of what could have happened if their plan had been successful. :eek:

And I want little success (bar slight Liverpool bias, and it is not as biased as before all this BS) for any of the '12' to emphasize how stupid their decision of not being able to be relegated from their 'Super League' was.

Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea.

Pulisic gave Chelsea the lead after they made a great start to the game, Real settled and the equaliser came not long after from a great Benzema finish, second half was a bit nervy, really good performance by Chelsea at a soaking wet Madrid and they should have scored more, however they do go in to the second leg with an away goal, good game overall.

PSG 1-2 City

Game of two halves as PSG were the better team in the first half and took the lead from Marquinho's header from a Di Maria corner, City then were the better team in the second half as PSG predictably started to implode again, De Bruyne's long range floating effort somehow managed to find its way in before a great Mahrez free kick made it 1-2, the PSG wall for said free kick was pretty terrible and PSG also had Gueye sent off for a bad challenge on Gudogan.

Great game and great performance from City overall and set things up nicely for next week.

What a bunch of absolute simians this paris side. I've seen all kinds of saltyness but this is something else.

Last edited:
When the going gets tough, start throwing yourselves on the floor and hack down the opposition. Hang on a minute...

Here's hoping Lille beat that rabble to the domestic title this year.

City 2-0 PSG (City win 4-1 on agg)

Mahrez with the two goals, fantastic performance over the two legs from City, Ruben Dias immense at the back tonight and another great showing from Foden, PSG crumbled as usual and had Di Maria sent off for a stamp on Fernandinho off the pitch and they had a raft of yellows following that, PSG also didn't have a shot on target all game and their last shot on target came in the 28th min of the first leg, no Mbappe due to a calf injury.

I couldn't give a toss who wins but Josep Guardiola's 14-1 record in finals does pique my curiosity a bit.

Wrexham vs Dagenham, last game of the season, is the day before so I know what I'll be focusing on.

Back