UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
38fd241a_IMG_20190417_WA0002.jpg.jpg

Aguerooooooooooooooo?

I'm a bit torn actually. I'd quite like to see the quad done - who doesn't want records set in their lifetime - but they're owned by awful people.

4-3 (4-4)... Spurs back in front!!

Crucially, however, Son is now out of the semi-final - should they make it, that is...

Their league game on Saturday is going to be tasty! :lol:

-

Unfortunately, with Kane injured and Son suspended, I cannot see Spurs beating Ajax, esp. if Ajax play anything like they did last night.

Liverpool have thrashed Porto and their games against Barca will be amazing... I reckon Liverpool could just edge that...

This is probably the best outcome for Ajax. A weakened Spurs.

But then again. They already took out the biggest clubs out there, Man City could have been another one on the slain giants list.

I'd quite like to see the quad done - who doesn't want records set in their lifetime - but they're owned by awful people.
Well, at least they broke one record tonight. Most humorous disallowed goal.

And still the truest treble remains United's.

Our commentators had a good point.

One of the finalists will be Ajax or Tottenham. Who would have thought about that at the start of the tournament? And for Ajax it started on the 25th of July, with 6 games extra. :lol:

Football. Bloody hell.

Ctrl + V what I've written elsewhere:

That game... of any game I have watched on telly... that was simply breathtaking. Phenomenal football.

Hot take: VAR didn't detract from the ending. I loved it. But I am six borovičkas deep.

Aguerooooooooooooooo?

I'm a bit torn actually. I'd quite like to see the quad done - who doesn't want records set in their lifetime - but they're owned by awful people.
I would love to see the quadruple done, but not by City... Or Liverpool. :P

Liverpool have thrashed Porto and their games against Barca will be amazing... I reckon Liverpool could just edge that...
I agree, at least if Barcelona play like they did against United. They aren’t near as good as they were when they had Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings. Still good, but definitely beatable

Extraordinary game, will be up there with the all-time great knockout matches.

Worth remembering that Spurs spent nothing in the last two transfer windows, and yet are in the Champions League semi finals!

Perhaps it is wise for the UEFA to move the Europa league to Tuesday, and have the Champions League on Wednesday and Thursday. Having terrible games as a warm-up is better than having them after 2 nights of great games.

I'm watching Napoli v Arsenal, and it is just ass. Absolute ass.

The Semi finals are this week, Tottenham v Ajax is tomorrow with Barcelona v Liverpool on Wednesday.

I just put £6 on Ajax to win the Champions League, and stand to win £30 if it pays out.

I better not tell my Liverpool-mad pal who has £30 on Liverpool to win.

I think Ajax will beat Spurs tonight, or at the very least get a score draw which will make life very hard for Spurs in the return leg.

Back