UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 789 comments
6c4aa799_IMG_20190429_191110.jpg.jpg

As a Spurs fan I fear seeing a lot of these. It's frustrating being at this stage and having our 2 strikers missing, would be tough even with them. COYS

Well, technically it's 7 :P ... though Ajax did win the CL in 95...
When was the least inaccurate rebrand ever? I've actually completely forgotten - it feels recent, but then the thought occurs that I'm in my 40s and even events 30 years ago still feel recent to me...

Any team would miss their 2 main strikers (worth 40+ goals) so I just hoped the tie would still be alive, so IF Son is on it next week, I think we still have a chance. Although I couldn't see us beat Barca anyway.

Ajax so much better than Spurs tonight, they play some brilliant Football.

I think it was Celtic, then Manchester United in the mid to late 60's.

Spurs, Europa Cup 2, (cup winners cup) in 1963.
But Ajax won the only one that really counts 4 times already. And a total of 12 international trophies against 3 for the Spurs.

But results from the past are no indication for future results, so it's pretty moot to point something like that out.

I think a 1-0 scoreline was OK under the circumstances - Ajax were definitely on top, but Son will make a difference in the second leg...

Liverpool - Barca tonight... watching the game with my Liverpool-mad pal tonight, so better not mention my bet on Ajax to win the title :D

I think a 1-0 scoreline was OK under the circumstances - Ajax were definitely on top, but Son will make a difference in the second leg...

Liverpool - Barca tonight... watching the game with my Liverpool-mad pal tonight, so better not mention my bet on Ajax to win the title :D
If only you bet on them earlier you would be swimming in cash even if you did a cash out.

I've decided to not watch the game in the pub tonight, partly because of work reasons tomorrow and partly because I'm not prepared to spend 5-6 hours in the pub on a school night just to watch Liverpool. The fact that I also have BT Sport HD means I can watch the game in comfort and not be £40 lighter for the pleasure too.

As Famine was referring to there was some disorder by Liverpool fans in Barcelona after videos emerged showing people being pushed into a fountain in the Placa Reial Square, one clip also appeared to show a Liverpool fan direct a racial slur at a passer-by, no arrests were made in relation to this incident but six men were arrested by Spanish Police after an unrelated incident.

As for the game tonight, I fancy Liverpool to go through over the two legs and get a draw tonight.

This Messi lad is pretty good.

CAN'T THROW HIM INTO THE FOUNTAIN CAN YOU

Last edited:
I think that it is safe to say that it won't be an all English final. Unbelievable how Liverpool turned amateur in the second half. But, 3-0 isn't the end, so if Salah and friends can recalibrate their sights it should be a good game in 6 days.

A Stunning free kick!

I don't think Liverpool could've done much more tonight, it was the best they could possibly have done and yet they still ended up losing 3-0.

And what about that Suarez full celebration after he scored?!, all the players in the past who haven't celebrated when scoring against former clubs....Not Luis Suarez!

Safe to assume that the soccer gods do not want us to have someone not from LaLiga win the whole damn thing.... jesus christ

And what about that Suarez full celebration after he scored?!, all the players in the past who haven't celebrated when scoring against former clubs....Not Luis Suarez!
It's the Champions League semi final! He has every right to celebrate.

I think Liverpool were unlucky - but they paid a heavy price for not being able to convert the chances they had, while Barca took theirs - Messi's free kick, however, was utterly sublime and it typified the difference between himself and the rest of the footballing world... he is, frankly, one of the greatest footballers to have ever graced the game.

Back