9/10 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16/17 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April: Semi-finals, first leg

May
1 May: Semi-finals, first leg
7/8 May: Semi-finals, second leg

June
1 June: Final – Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Group stage games now have 2 start times. 18:00 and 20:00 GMT. Remember that!
And this is why.

EDIT.

Blue with Asterisk are group winner. Green relegates to Europa League.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been a while since I have been somewhat excited for the Champions League, as there are now 2 Dutch teams, who seem to should be able to grab some points here and there. It will be a lot more difficult for PSV as it will be for Ajax, but still. Even a giant can be brought down with a sling and a rock.

Edit.

And just out of curiosity, perhaps we can use this thread for that other tournament too, the one that gets about 4 replies over the whole season.

edit number 2

If there is anything that needs to be added to the first post, tell me.

Last edited:
Edit.

Was going to post about the new kick off times but saw that you mentioned it. 👍

Spurs were supposed to humiliate Inter, giving PSV a shred of hope for points, but no.

Also.

PSV were expecting to be able to put up a fight tonight, also no.

The Manchester clubs turn tonight, United have Summer signing Diogo Dalot making his debut plus Rashford and Martial starting. United are away to Young Boys.

City have made some changes v Lyon but its still a strong starting eleven with an equaly strong bench, not a big crowd expected at the Etihad.

I think the idea of having different kick-off times is a good one, but 6pm is an awkward time to show a big live match on a weeknight - 7.45 was always pretty ideal, but 6pm games will either be missed altogether or watched in the pub. Now, I am not averse to the idea of going for a pint or three after work, even on a Tuesday, but it is unusual for there to be a big game starting just as you get to the bar. Normally you could squeeze in a couple of drinks and still wander home in time for the start of a game, but now the game will start while you are still on your first or second beer, meaning that you are bound by current male etiquette to stay in the pub until the game has finished - only for another big game to start 15 minutes later! Next thing you know, it's 10.30 pm and you are singing 'Love On The Rocks' in a karaoke pub in Partick with half a donner kebab down your front.

Ronaldo red card... lol what a joke of a decision. I've listen to several commentators an all of them agree this was not a red card. The ref and the assistant succumbed to Valencia fans.

United 2-0 up despite not playing well, City 2-0 down to Lyon at half time and Ronaldo sent off.

A bit mad tonight isn't it?!

3 fantastic goals by Real Madrid tonight! And United won 3-0 away against a half decent opponent.

Very good night of football.

Very nice win for United, three away wins on the trot now, we are playing well. 👍

Ronaldo red card... lol what a joke of a decision. I've listen to several commentators an all of them agree this was not a red card. The ref and the assistant succumbed to Valencia fans.
How powerful is Florentino Pérez?

How powerful is Florentino Pérez?

I don't know. But if anyone wanted to screw Ronaldo and Juve for 3 games in the group phase, they got it.

No wonder UEFA doesn't want the video ref in the champions league. Several ludicrous decisions throught the years have penalized key players or entire teams to the benefit of others. I love to watch good matches but when someone like this happens I remember UEFA (and particularly the CL with its stage draws, criminal presidents and everything in between) is corrupt as anything can be corrupt.

We now have a different television partner for Champion's League games in the United States. Turner Broadcasting has taken over from FOX. I think TNT is going to be the primary carrier of the games.

I had no clue this was happening until yesterday when I passed by TNT and the post game show was on. So the Liverpool game was on yesterday and I missed it :mad:

United 0-0 Valencia, nothing happened, United were crap again and got booed off.

CSKA beat Real Madrid 1-0!

Barcelona already 0-2 up v Spurs, Spurs missing some big players, and the Wembley pitch is terrible, goals from Coutinho and Rakitic.

Barça would be a scary team if they had a proper coach. Messi obliterated Tottenham's high line.

Lloris, what an absolute clown today.

Messi obliterated Tottenham's high line.

He was, yet again, from a different planet. Unbelievable how he does it for so long, without any real injuries!

Napoli beat Liverpool thanks to a late Insigne goal.

Barcelona and Messi were once again hugely impressive.

Back