UEFA Euro 2021 But Yet Somehow Still Euro 2020 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 651 comments
UEFA believed its a political thing aimed at something Hungarian government did.

Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell have to self-isolate until next Monday at the earliest despite testing negative, whilst the rest of the Scotland and coaching staff are un-effected, makes sense. 🤔😕

Wembley will be able to have 60,000 fans for the semi finals and final, around 75% of its capacity.

GIF by Travis

The unlikely has happened: England have scored.
Also so have Croatia, though that's far more expected.

The unlikely has happened: England have scored.
Also so have Croatia, though that's far more expected.
It's genuinely so frustrating watching England because they do have them moment when they play really quick and good football, but like just then players are taking 5+ seconds on the ball and it just kills the game.

Scotland need to score two more, trebling their entire tournament goal tally, in the next 15 minutes.

Edit: Yeah, forget that. Bye.

Last edited:
England 1-0 Czech Republic
Croatia 3-1 Scotland

Raheem Sterling's goal after 10 mins for England who played much better in the first half, goal was assisted by Jack Grealish with a great run from Saka who had a great game and got man of the match, Grealish was great too, boring second half.

Vlasic, Modric and Perisic with the goals for Croatia and Modric's goal was a Worldie, Callum McGregor with Scotland's equaliser.

England go through as group winners and will face either France, Portugal or Germany in the last 16 on Tuesday at Wembley, Croatia are group runners up and play second in group E which will finish tomorrow, the Czech's go through as well in third place but who they face is not confirmed yet, Scotland unfortunately finish bottom and are out.

Deary me Dubravka... 🤣

After a great penalty save, he scores a bizarre own goal...

Last edited:
Slovakia 0-5 Spain
Sweden 3-2 Poland

Crushing win for Spain against a terrible Slovakia team, Dubravka saved a penalty from Morata then somehow fumbled the ball into his own net for 0-1, Laporte made it to with his first Spanish goal right before half time, Sarabia and Ferran Torres doubled the lead before another own goal this time from Kucka made it 0-5, big performance from Spain which has probably been coming, worst performance of the tournament so far from Slovakia.

Forsberg only needed 1 minute 30 at the start of the game to get Sweden's first and he also got their second on the hour mark, a fantastic strike from Lewandowksi brought Poland into the game and he also got the equaliser with just five minutes to go but sadly for them Claesson got the winner in the 93rd minute.

Sweden top the group on seven points with Spain runners-up on five, Slovakia only have three points so it looks unlikely they will progress. And Poland disappointingly on just one point.

Quite a busy couple of games, the final two group games are tonight and its in the group of death, Last 16 starts on Saturday.

Slovakia only have three points so it looks unlikely they will progress.
They're out. They're the sixth-ranked third-place team (out of six) with only four going through and only one left to play. They can finish fifth at best, if Portugal get spanked by France, but everyone else has played all their games.

That also means Ukraine qualifies, as they cannot drop lower than fourth (Slovakia and Finland have both played all three games), but can finish third in the event of the aforementioned spanking, while Finland can also finish fourth if that happens; it'd need to be 4-0 or greater to France.

If anybody cares, the bloody stupid combinations left now are:

1B3A, 1C3D, 1E3B, 1F3C
or
1B3F, 1C3D, 1E3C, 1F3A

Edit: Which means Netherlands play Czech Republic, no matter what.

Last edited:
Two goals in one minute in Germany v Hungary...

-

Germany squeak through and face England in the last 16 - very tasty encounter, and on current form, Germany have to be favourites.

Portugal also squeak through - their first goal/penalty looked ridiculous to me, and Portugal look as reliant on Ronaldo, dirty tactics and dodgy decisions as ever.

Unlucky for Hungary, but Germany upped their game and I can't say I'm sad to see Hungary knocked out. 🏳️‍🌈

Last edited:
Portugal also squeak through - their first goal/penalty looked ridiculous to me, and Portugal look as reliant on Ronaldo, dirty tactics and dodgy decisions as ever.
You mean, France's penalty was ridiculous, right?
Also, dirty tactics? What does that even mean? Oh, sorry, you meant when Digne was injured outside the pitch, and France's medical staff told him to go back in and lay down?
Dodgy decisions, the only dodgy decision in favour of france was that penalty in extra time of the second half, but even that, made up for the non-existant one at the end of first half, and wouldn't have had no influence on the outcome of group F.

Renato Sanches was amazing.

Portugal 2-2 France
Hungary 2-2 Germany.

Three penalties in the Portugal-France, the first was when Lloris took Pereira out whilst punching the ball, Ronaldo converted. Then a very soft penalty for the French when Semedo was adjudged to have brought down Mbappe, contact was minimal, Benzema converted. Benzema then scored at the start of the second half after being played through by a peach of a ball from Pogba, A Kounde debatable handball gave Portugal another penalty which Penaldo again converted and that's how the game finished, quite an even game with France poor in the first half.

Brilliant game in Munich as well Szalai gave Hungary the lead with Havertz equalising and the Schafer putting Hungary back in front right from the re-start, Goretzka with the Germans second goal on 84 mins.

Great chaotic rollercoaster of a night with the group places changing several times, Means France win the group and play Switzerland, Germany runners-up and playing England and Portugal finishing third and play Belgium (!!) Hungary unfortunately go home despite being fantastic!

The only almost constant there is France in 1st place, there were only in 2nd for 15 minutes.

Plus after all that changing around during the matches they ended up right where they started before tonight!

You mean the one where Loris punched Danilo in the head after Danilo headed the ball? Loris was VERY luck not to get sent off. Stone wall penalty.
The pundits seemed to think it was a fair penalty, but he definitely got the ball first. I've never seen a penalty given for that before.

That said, France's penalty was also soft.

-

As for my other comments regarding Portugal, I'm not being deadly serious - however I do hate how some players (not just Portugal) still try to cheat, and Pepe is still particularly bad for this. Ronaldo has also been a major culprit in the past, but at least he appears to have toned it down. As for bad decisions, however, Ronaldo has been offside a few times and not been called out for it, e.g. his goal against Germany - he was offside when the first ball was played, but the goal stood.

Last edited:
Back