Unexplained experiences

England
England
Player_7421
Player 7421
Has anybody ever had a Paranormal experience? For anybody that doesn't know what one is, well basically you`ve seen/felt something that was not there. Like a ghost for example. Here is a TRUE story, no FAKE one`s please. Well whenever I go to bed in my Grandads house on a Saturday night, I can always feel something leaning on me and I can sense somebody watching me. Also whenever I try to go to sleep, I can hear someone else breathing in the other side of the room. Not to mention my Nan has passed away in the house.

Many years ago in my early-to-mid teen years, I had the somewhat similar "paranormal" experience of hearing loud knocking sounds, like someone pounding on the wall or door, but nobody was there. My experience, and I think yours, fall under the "poltergeist" category, and are transitory experiences in some young men. May I ask your age?

Many years ago in my early-to-mid teen years, I had the somewhat similar "paranormal" experience of hearing loud knocking sounds, like someone pounding on the wall or door, but nobody was there. My experience, and I think yours, fall under the "poltergeist" category, and are transitory experiences in some young men. May I ask your age?
I am 14. My profile says I was born in 1981, but that's the year my mam was born. I don't know how to change it. :(

Oh boy...A lot. One of the weirdest thing happened to me was in '10. I was watching T.V. when "symbols" started to pop up at the bottom of the screen and changing in shapes like its a sing a long karaoke. I watch it change shapes for seconds then I got scared. I immediately turned off the T.V but believe it or not, like a cliche in the movies. It didn't turned off. So I pulled the plug and went outside the room.

It looked like this.
1.jpg

Here are the only symbols that I remembered.
2.jpg

They're not part of the broadcast or translation or subs. They are blue colored and looked like they are part of the T.V UI. Like a number that pop up in the screen when you push the remote. I tried looking at TV's website and Google for answers but nothing came up. Maybe my TV's circuits crashed or something. But still weird.

I am 14. My profile says I was born in 1981, but that's the year my mam was born. I don't know how to change it. :(

Thank you. I suspected as much.

Well, anyway, your paranormal experience is not terribly unusual. Very likely you'll be over over it in a couple of years. You might be on the look-out for other unusual experiences, such as seeing UFO's. The difficulty with seeing UFOs is that you have to be outside, looking up, usually at night.

Thank you. I suspected as much.

Well, anyway, your paranormal experience is not terribly unusual. Very likely you'll be over over it in a couple of years. You might be on the look-out for other unusual experiences, such as seeing UFO's. The difficulty with seeing UFOs is that you have to be outside, looking up, usually at night.
I usually do that. I usually stand outside look out for any weird things in the sky, like looking for moving stars and UFO`s. My Uncle and Grandad have both seen a UFO where they use to live, I`m very interested in this kind of stuff.

I usually do that. I usually stand outside look out for any weird things in the sky, like looking for moving stars and UFO`s. My Uncle and Grandad have both seen a UFO where they use to live, I`m very interested in this kind of stuff.

It's okay to be interested, and to be informed. But I will advise you against deliberately cultivating paranormal experiences, such as the use of a Ouija board, EVP, and the like. I think it's too easy for a young man to get into trouble even without doing this kind of weird stuff. Even seasoned experimenters can get led astray pursuing this elusive phenomenon. Chasing after it can be a problem. Just live your normal life, but pay attention to little weirdnesses, like coincidences, hunches and stuff. It may help to keep a journal.

I've seen disk-shaped UFO's three times, one of which was during the day. At night they appeared as a ring of ten or twelve white lights in the sky, moving silently and very quickly. The first one I saw, which is one my brother also saw, was moving slowly before zipping off at an impossible speed. The second one at night moved across the sky very fast, and it moved up and down as it did so, like a bird flapping it's wings. The third time was during the day about this time last year. I was driving along when I noticed a metallic disk shape hanging in the sky, looking like a classic UFO. I slowed down to look at it for a couple seconds, and then it instantly vanished.

I have also heard the hum once. To me it sounded like a distant diesel engine. I was way out in the country at night when I heard it, so I'm sure it wasn't a diesel engine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

I've seen disk-shaped UFO's three times, one of which was during the day. At night they appeared as a ring of ten or twelve white lights in the sky, moving silently and very quickly. The first one I saw, which is one my brother also saw, was moving slowly before zipping off at an impossible speed. The second one at night moved across the sky very fast, and it moved up and down as it did so, like a bird flapping it's wings. The third time was during the day about this time last year. I was driving along when I noticed a metallic disk shape hanging in the sky, looking like a classic UFO. I slowed down to look at it for a couple seconds, and then it instantly vanished.

I have also heard the hum once. To me it sounded like a distant diesel engine. I was way out in the country at night when I heard it, so I'm sure it wasn't a diesel engine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Interesting report! It's just as reasonable to consider these experiences to be paranormal events as it is to think them of extraterrestrial origin, IMHO.

It's okay to be interested, and to be informed. But I will advise you against deliberately cultivating paranormal experiences, such as the use of a Ouija board, EVP, and the like. I think it's too easy for a young man to get into trouble even without doing this kind of weird stuff. Even seasoned experimenters can get led astray pursuing this elusive phenomenon. Chasing after it can be a problem. Just live your normal life, but pay attention to little weirdnesses, like coincidences, hunches and stuff. It may help to keep a journal.
My friend lives in a house that's haunted, and I`m sleeping at his tomorrow. How weird that I start a thread just like this then all of a sudden I`ve been invited to my mates house. I`ve witnessed doors, windows, fridge door shut itself in his house. Whenever you go to sleep in his house, you can constantly hear footsteps up the stairs. At night things have been reported to move about, I`ll say if anything happened on Saturday because I wont have internet there. I`ve been in a forest in pitch black before and have saw white lights fly about in the distance. Whisps is what I call them because they look like Whisps off Fable. (the game) But that could just be lights like a torch or something who knows? And a journal? Good idea, I might just start one. I`ve witnessed more than just "My mates house". I`ll get round to that later.

Oh boy...A lot. One of the weirdest thing happened to me was in '10. I was watching T.V. when "symbols" started to pop up at the bottom of the screen and changing in shapes like its a sing a long karaoke. I watch it change shapes for seconds then I got scared. I immediately turned off the T.V but believe it or not, like a cliche in the movies. It didn't turned off. So I pulled the plug and went outside the room.

It looked like this.
View attachment 226558

Here are the only symbols that I remembered.
View attachment 226560
They're not part of the broadcast or translation or subs. They are blue colored and looked like they are part of the T.V UI. Like a number that pop up in the screen when you push the remote. I tried looking at TV's website and Google for answers but nothing came up. Maybe my TV's circuits crashed or something. But still weird.
What brand of TV was it? And did the TV still work when you plugged it back in?

Interesting report! It's just as reasonable to consider these experiences to be paranormal events as it is to think them of extraterrestrial origin, IMHO.

It's come to the point where I turn my head at every moving light in the sky, and am disappointed to see a plane or helicopter :lol:.

Its LG TV. Yes it worked again when I plugged it.
They were probably symbols that were only meant for the developers and UX programmers. An explanation for them remaining on the screen even after you unplugged it could possibly amount to the symbols being burned onto the phosphor of the TV. Still, that doesn't answer the question as to why it appeared. Maybe a circuit glitch caused some strange debug menu or developer console to open?

Last edited:
They were probably symbols that were only meant for the developers and UI programmers. An explanation for them remaining on the screen even after you unplugged it could possibly amount to the symbols being burned onto the phosphor of the TV. Still, that doesn't answer the question as to why it appeared.
The TV turned off when I unplugged it and the symbols also disappeared. I think its a glitch on the the TV. If you notice the part where the symbols appeared is also the location of the volume meter etc. Maybe its a graphical artifact from a glitch. I didn't pushed anything in the remote when that happened though. The creepy thing here is how the symbols are consistent in changing shapes like its meant to be read. It looked like subtitles but with weird symbols instead of words. But I still do think its a glitch from the TV. But still...it creeped me out.

I normally take every experience that can be classified as 'paranormal' and be able to trace it back to a logical and rational source. But there was one very strange case, that's probably also not paranormal, but still quite disturbing, that happened to me about six years ago: It was late and I was about to dose off, when I heard out in the street (my bedroom is directly adjacent to the street.) somebody having a conversation. An unrecognisable male voice was speaking like he was conversing with me, addressing me and calling my name for about ten seconds, except I wasn't there, of course, and also, I know everyone in my street, and none of them have the same name as me. It went on for about 2 minutes until I got up and looked out the window. As soon as I looked out, I heard a soft crashing sound, like some heavy object falling off a table in someone's house, and the street was empty. It still disturbs me to this day.

Last edited:
I normally take every experience that can be classified as 'paranormal' and be able to trace it back to a logical and rational source. But there was one very strange case, that's probably also not paranormal, but still quite disturbing, that happened to me about six years ago: It was late and I was about to dose off, when I heard out in the street (my bedroom is directly adjacent to the street.) somebody having a conversation. An unrecognisable male voice was speaking like he was conversing with me, addressing me and saying my name, except I wasn't there, of course, and also, I know everyone in my street, and none of them have the same name as me. It went on for about 2 minutes until I got up and looked out the window. As soon as I looked out, I heard a soft crashing sound, like some heavy object falling off a table, and I did not see anyone in the street. It still disturbs me to this day.
Someone could've been on the phone with your namesake. ;)

Someone could've been on the phone with your namesake. ;)
Doubt it. There was a constant, loud calling of my name, almost like I was being summoned, happened for a few seconds before breaking into coherent and incoherent sentences, the only ones of which I could remember were 'Can I have some more money please?' and 'That's my last one, sorry.' Nothing like a phone conversation at all, as it was just a monologue, with no pauses to allow another side of the conversation. Also, what would someone be trying to hide if they immediately and hurriedly disappeared upon my inspection of the street?

Last edited:
I normally take every experience that can be classified as 'paranormal' and be able to trace it back to a logical and rational source. But there was one very strange case, that's probably also not paranormal, but still quite disturbing, that happened to me about six years ago: It was late and I was about to dose off, when I heard out in the street (my bedroom is directly adjacent to the street.) somebody having a conversation. An unrecognisable male voice was speaking like he was conversing with me, addressing me and saying my name, except I wasn't there, of course, and also, I know everyone in my street, and none of them have the same name as me. It went on for about 2 minutes until I got up and looked out the window. As soon as I looked out, I heard a soft crashing sound, like some heavy object falling off a table, and I did not see anyone in the street. It still disturbs me to this day.
An interesting experience. Thanks for the report.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

What was your age at the time of the experience? Prior to the experience, had you been under any kind of unusual stress, or had you been near the point of an important decision? At the time of the experience, were you under the influence of drugs or alcohol? During the time of the experience, what was the weather like? Were there any storms, rain or lightning?

Last edited:

Way back I tried a home-made Ouija board with some mates, and it was amazing. It spelled out all sorts of answers to questions, even though we arranged the letters randomly in a circle. It was uncanny how the spirits in the room knew all sorts of answers to questions we posed, that only we could know.

Suspecting that we might be subconsciously "pushing" towards particular letters, we decided to appoint a scribe and turn the letters over so the participants could no longer see what was being spelled out. The scribe would record the letters without telling the participants until the spirits no longer chose any letters.

At this point the spirits became incoherent.

So we laughed and imbibed spirits too, until we became incoherent.

An interesting experience. Thanks for the report.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

What was your age at the time of the experience? Prior to the experience, had you been under any kind of unusual stress, or had you been near the point of an important decision? At the time of the experience, were you under the influence of drugs or alcohol? During the time of the experience, what was the weather like? Were there any storms, rain or lightning?
1. Since I'm 20 now, I was 14 at the time it happened.
2. Yes, I kinda was. It happened near the end of the year, while I was in the middle of finals.
3. No, I didn't take any sort of stimulant, depressant or hallucinogen that night or in the preceding week, pills or liquid.
4. It was absolutely quiet that night, in terms of weather.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know whether to specify all unusual things as paranormal, just unexplained occurrences. But I've never ruled out the possibility of things being so, but I've also never accepted it to be paranormal. I can occasionally feel a presence, usually a cold air sort of presence. All the windows are shut at night and the house holds heat quite well, and it certainly feels like a presence rather than a cold draft as it only happens very occasionally. And the presence feels like a presence, my senses always tell me there's someone there. And it's occasionally accompanied with breathing, quiet but if I hold my breathe I can hear it.

Also, a few weeks ago a family member fell into a coma, and that night we had a strange occurrence. At precisely 3AM (on the dot pretty much, and I woke up about 20 seconds before it started and checked the time.) our TV's sound system and decoder both turned themselves on at the same time, and according to everyone else in the house, it was playing infomercials. But for the first minute or so I was hearing very intense arguing that sounded exactly like my parents. I couldn't make out words, but the way they were arguing had specific traits of both of my parents. And after a minute it turned into infomercials.

Now we do have cats, and before you say that they could have stood on the remotes. Our sound system and decoder are both in a cabinet with thick glass, and the remote for the decoder is quite dodgy and requires you to point the remotes directly at it for it to work. My dad vividly remembers turning both of them off the previous night, and the remotes were facing about 90 degrees in the wrong way. According to my mum, nearly seven years ago when my grandmother was dying we had similar strange occurrences.

I thought that the arguing thing I heard could have just been because I was awake when it started and everyone else was awoken by it so they took awhile to realize what was going on. But the specific sounds, the way they were arguing was so accurate that I do doubt it. Not to mention that I woke up before it, and I had a strange involuntary thought. I think it's just coincidence, but I just randomly had the thought of a lady in black choking. I don't know why that happened, as I said. It's probably just a coincidence, occasionally a completely random thought from somewhere in the mind can just spring up for no reason. But I still find it strange.

Here's another one. It was 10 in the morning. I'm walking on our street to get to work. I saw my neighbor walking to the opposite direction of where I'm going. I don't know him personally though we looked each other then he passed by me. Just after 5 seconds (?) I saw him again walking, going to where I came from, again. I stopped and thought "WTF?!". I turned around and chased him down but all of a sudden he's gone. (Our street is very narrow so its impossible that I didn't saw him walked in circles) Baffled, I continue to walk to get to work then I saw him again outside his house talking to some people. With same clothes and look at his face. To this day I still don't have explanation to that event.

I wouldn't know whether to specify all unusual things as paranormal, just unexplained occurrences. But I've never ruled out the possibility of things being so, but I've also never accepted it to be paranormal. I can occasionally feel a presence, usually a cold air sort of presence. All the windows are shut at night and the house holds heat quite well, and it certainly feels like a presence rather than a cold draft as it only happens very occasionally. And the presence feels like a presence, my senses always tell me there's someone there. And it's occasionally accompanied with breathing, quiet but if I hold my breathe I can hear it.

Also, a few weeks ago a family member fell into a coma, and that night we had a strange occurrence. At precisely 3AM (on the dot pretty much, and I woke up about 20 seconds before it started and checked the time.) our TV's sound system and decoder both turned themselves on at the same time, and according to everyone else in the house, it was playing infomercials. But for the first minute or so I was hearing very intense arguing that sounded exactly like my parents. I couldn't make out words, but the way they were arguing had specific traits of both of my parents. And after a minute it turned into infomercials.

Now we do have cats, and before you say that they could have stood on the remotes. Our sound system and decoder are both in a cabinet with thick glass, and the remote for the decoder is quite dodgy and requires you to point the remotes directly at it for it to work. My dad vividly remembers turning both of them off the previous night, and the remotes were facing about 90 degrees in the wrong way. According to my mum, nearly seven years ago when my grandmother was dying we had similar strange occurrences.

I thought that the arguing thing I heard could have just been because I was awake when it started and everyone else was awoken by it so they took awhile to realize what was going on. But the specific sounds, the way they were arguing was so accurate that I do doubt it. Not to mention that I woke up before it, and I had a strange involuntary thought. I think it's just coincidence, but I just randomly had the thought of a lady in black choking. I don't know why that happened, as I said. It's probably just a coincidence, occasionally a completely random thought from somewhere in the mind can just spring up for no reason. But I still find it strange.
Right. That's my sleep for tonight gone.

image.jpg
Was at my mates house at 5 in the morning and we found Thomas the ghost and his friend. Like I said before his house is haunted. And no it isn't the light either, because a lot of weird stuff seems to happen around that window. I`ll try to get more pictures of the window up.

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents claim to have seen two spirits before (in our second house) - one of a young girl and another being an older man. I had never seen either but there were some paranormal events that led me to believe spirits exist;

• Christmas 2004: I got a radio controlled firetruck that year. It was still in the box having never been opened, no batteries inserted. The firetruck turned on with the lights flashing despite not pressing any buttons or touching it.
  • Sometime in 2005: My sister and I were at school at the time. My father notices a little girl sitting on the stairs and believes it to be my sister. Except my mother told him that we were at school, only then noticing that it wasn't her.
  • August 2006: About to leave for vacation. A few minutes before we leave, my mother notices a small human handprint on her arm. Note that none of us were around her when she noticed it.
  • Throughout the years: There was an electronic golf club game that was usually kept at the bottom of the stairs. Every few days it would turn on with no explanation, even when we moved it around.

The little girl was definitely there, and I believe she was the one who was turning on toys and leaving pranks. As for the older man, my father claims to have only seen him once, but I haven't heard enough about him to believe his spirit was around.

The dead still wander around, all alone. They don't have many ways of having the living acknowledge that they're still around.

That`s funny because I can spot two.

I can see some grey shapes on the sides of the window, but the image is a bit too pixelated to define anything. And remember that everyone else viewing the image has not seen if for themselves in real life, so they can't make the connection between the grey shapes and what you saw in the windows... I think, or did you just do a selfie thing in order to capture it, and you can't see it if you actually look at it?

Back