Unfamiliar Japanese Models and Names

• Thread starter SportWagon
  • 11 comments

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
One of the interesting things about [size=+1]GT1[/size] was that it introduced North American players to models of cars, or at least to names of models of cars, that they would otherwise probably never even hear of in North America.

But some of the are confusing.

For instance, I find I tend to get the Toyota Cosmo and the Mazda Chaser models all mixed up in my mind. :D

Originally posted by SportWagon
For instance, I find I tend to get the Toyota Cosmo and the Mazda Chaser models all mixed up in my mind. :D

How dare you get the Mighty Chaser confused with any other car!:mad:

Although, I do detect a hint of sarcasm in your tone ;)

Welcome to GTP, Uncle Harry! :cheers:

Originally posted by chaser_fan
How dare you get the Mighty Chaser confused with any other car!:mad:

Although, I do detect a hint of sarcasm in your tone ;)
jocularity would be the term I would use. ;)

Lemme correct you...

Mazda Cosmo
Toyota Chaser

My question is, is how you get these two cars confused with each other. The the game correctly says "COSMO" and "CHASER"...

The Chasers and the Cosmo 13B do look similar. I checked last night. They even have similar colour selections. Ie. tending toward the dull side. The Cosmo 20B does look different--boxier.

They both appear to be sports touring sedans--too heavy to be really competitive sports cars--although the Cosmo models are 2-door, while the Tourer/Chaser modesl are 4-door.

The Chasers and the Cosmo 13B do look similar. I checked last night.

Nope, they look nothing like the same. The Cosmo is smaller and sleeker in deisgn, the chaser is more bigger, luxury looking car. If you want me too, I will find images of the 2 and i'll let you look closer.

Here, you can't confuse these 2 cars.

Mazda Cosmo
Cosmo.JPG

Toyota Chaser
chaser1.jpg

Are the Mark II '92 Tourer V and Mark II '92 Tourer S in the Toyota used car lots also Chasers?

The Eunos Cosmo 20B and the Mark II '92 Tourer V are pretty similar in statistics and empirical performance.

See the following page for a comparison:
Comparison

Last night I actually managed to win the Hard-Tuned Series with the Eunos Cosmo 13B Type S CCS.

The Chaser V in the new car lots, whether because of model year, or poor modeling, does not have the distinctive hood lines of the picture you show (at least, not as severely).

Fully-modded, the new Chaser V in the game should be much faster than either Cosmo (only available used), but I've not tried yet. The Chaser V which trails around pathetically at the back of the Hard-Tuned field must not be fully-modded, or something. Plus, sometimes it's just weird which AI cars are good and which are bad.

The Tourer V '92 and the Cosmo 20B are (fully-tuned) very comparable in stats and performance, as I said. (in the game, that is...) (But, true, I did do slightly better with the Cosmo 20B; might have been more practise, or maybe the extra power of the Cosmo overcomes the better power-to-weight ratio of the Tourer V).

Originally posted by Darin
Nope, they look nothing like the same. The Cosmo is smaller and sleeker in deisgn, the chaser is more bigger, luxury looking car. If you want me too, I will find images of the 2 and i'll let you look closer.
It seems odd, then, that the Tourer/Chasers are actually lighter in stock and tuned weight than are the Cosmos.

Back