Universe Of Drift Competition: Results are in!!!!!, sorry for the wait.

• Thread starter Funkshen
  • 94 comments
Australia
Cooly
Results!

Im really sorry about the delay, and i give many Apoligies.. I have been so tied up with school, and other things that its taken a while to get the results in.

And i also apoligise.. the way this originally was going to be run, is i was going to post up a POLL of the final 3. But unfortunately All of us involved with the compeition decided it was best to just post up the results.

There was not as much participation as first thought, but entry's submitted were quality and produced tough competition.

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First place is Awarded to -Sheron! - Link- Sherons Entry.
Sheron Has taken the Title of best Drifter in the Universe.

Scores:
Style - 9.3 points
Angle - 9.1 points
Control - 8.8 points
Smoke - 4.2 points

Total: - 31.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Place awarded to- Droptop_Chick

Scores:
Style - 8.7 points
Angle - 9.1 points
Control - 8.3 points
Smoke - 4.4 points

Total: - 30.5

Third Place Awarded to - Bamboo
Scores:
Style - 7.9 points
Angle – 9.2 points
Control - 7.4 points
Smoke - 3.9 points

Total: 28.4

Thanks to all other Entry's.

Challengers, this is how it goes down.

The Winner will take the title of “The best Drifter in the Universe”, and will reserve the right to freely boast and brag about there winning’s :sly: (there may also be a suprise)

2nd place will take the prestigious pride of coming second in such a tough competition, which alone will set them above the rest.

Last place will Take the honour of coming third :sly:

Guidelines:
Car: FR only
HP:No restrictions
Track: Trial Mountain
Tires: No restrictions
Max File Size: 25 Megabytes
Deadline: 28th of August

This competition is meant to be based on the drivers DRIFTNG skills, not the drivers EDITING skills, therefore hours of editing will not be needed. But of coarse a nice little intro wouldn’t hurt.
All you guy’s know the GTPC rules, so you know what NOT to do when editing.
If you don’t, look the rules up.

But video MUST contain, Lap timer and Map (just so no cheating is allowed)

This will be run like DA’s “Gauntlet challenge”.
The entrants need to PM me a link before the deadline to where they've uploaded their video. Me and a select few will download and critique each one. Our little panel will then upload the best 3 up. And GTP members will then vote for the video they believe deserves the win.

Warning to all participants: Video’s will be judged on hardly, but fairly, so be aware of mistakes you do. If any at all?

You have a Large deadline (so stacks of time to practice), So good luck Drifters. Get those cameras rolling.

If anyone who judges regularly in GTPC Comps, and is busting to judge this competition (Preferably people who are not entering) PM me.
Otherwise i have suggestions in mind.

Need any Clarifications, post them up.

If theres already a lack of participation in the current video drift competitions, I don't see how this will push more people to compete.

And you can't really crown someone the 'best drifter in the universe', as everyone in this world that drifts in GT4, is not on here -- much less submitting videos.

i hope this went through swift first before posting it....
i agree with what dtc said also.
but i guess well just have to wait and see.

Suzuki
i hope this went through swift first before posting it....
Yes it went through swift.

Guy's i don't know what the problem is?? i never said there was a lack of participation in video's on this forum, infact quite the opposite. i was saying there is heaps of participation,and in this competition this is where everyone can compete against each other, EVERYONE.

this is how it differs from GTPC.

nightkids4ever
Hmmmm, can judges enter for fun?
If people i considered on being judges wanted to enter, no problem, ill find others. and if you want to drift and judge, i dont find there to be a problem either.

so yes absoloutly

I'll give it a shot... Although, I think there should be a specified drivetrain (or split divisions), as there are too many differences in the angle, line, and smoke of AWD/RWD drifting to judge fairly without seperating...

;)

I'm not sure how that would work??, that means there will be more than one winner, considering on how many divisions we made. I made the HP free for all, because some people drift with high HP's.

Judges will take into account on lower HP entrants.

Delphic Reason
I'll give it a shot... Although, I think there should be a specified drivetrain (or split divisions), as there are too many differences in the angle, line, and smoke of AWD/RWD drifting to judge fairly without seperating...

Car: '98 Sileighty - 283hp on N2 tires

;)

HEY BUD. man, it's been a while. good to see you're back.

*edit: Driftn- you do not need HP classes. 800 hp has not even one advantage over 200hp in drifting on FR drivetrains. Maybe AWD's but not Fr.

Ok, let's see what we can't do here guys.

I think it's always good to have competitions going to keep people interested in the forum. So lets roll.

ForcedInduction
HEY BUD. man, it's been a while. good to see you're back.

*edit: Driftn- you do not need HP classes. 800 hp has not even one advantage over 200hp in drifting on FR drivetrains. Maybe AWD's but not Fr.

It's good to be back...

;)

DRIFTN
Who the hell drifts with an 800HP car??? people arent that outragous, surely :crazy: (nah i understand what your saying)

But personally i think people should just use common sense. and be reasonable with HP. Don't give yourself disadvantages.
I use 800 HP skyline before

nightkids4ever
I use 800 HP skyline before
Good point.. i drift an S-tune with over 800HP.. but ofcoarse AWD

If you guys are that desperate for HP restrictions what do you want the limit to be?.
400Hp and under?

id say 500 so if people wanna use the D1 cars they can. im not, but just giving you ideas.
doesnt matter to me either way, if i do compete in this, im going to use no more than 375 hp.

Droptop_Chick
If it goes down, I'd do it. Is it staying annoymous? A good run is a good run regardless of identity.
Runs should stay annonymous.. just so no disadvantages are made while judging.
but your right, a good run is a good run regardless of identity.

I don't see a need for a horsepower limit. I mean some people like to drift with higher horse power cars like the Cien or whatever. :)

TRi
let the hp be free!

Yes, indeed... Look at D1, and Formula D... the second (or maybe 1st) round of the Formula D was nearlly won by a 170hp Hachi Roku, and he was pitted against Hubinette's 500+hp Dodge Viper... They had to take 3 or 4 extra runs so the judges could make their decision... It's all about technique, not power...

If anything, the power to weight ratio should be specified, as that is infinitely more important than power alone...

;)

Back