Unreal Championship&Splinter Cell Pics!

• Thread starter Genocide
  • 6 comments
Unreal Championship launches alongside Xbox Live this September.

Introducing Unreal Championship
Developed by Digital Extremes, Unreal™ Championship is an upcoming first-person action game built from the ground up exclusively for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft, utilizing the latest Unreal technology by Epic Games. Unreal Championship combines a brilliant single player experience with an unparalleled multi-player component.

Additional features include all new characters and weapons; land, air and team-based vehicles; exotic levels and environments as well as new game modes and some old favorites.

Players will be able to play through a series of matches in the single player mode against computer-controlled opponents (bots) or play online against human-controlled opponents. Both single-player and online aspects of the game will be rich with content and gameplay options giving the player a wide range of first person action experiences.

Designing the First-Person Shooter for Console
Unreal Championship is carefully being developed by Digital Extremes to provide console gamers with an adrenaline packed first-person action experience designed specifically for Xbox and Xbox controller, including jump and speed pads, double jump, weapon auto-aim, a high performance frame rate (60 FPS), unlockable features, and more to keep your appetite at its peak.

Bringing Unreal Championship to life
Unreal Championship will contain all new individualized characters who have their own abilities and origins, over 25 exotic indoor and outdoor locales, out of the box Internet play with up to 16 players online, 4-player split screen, system link capability, exciting gameplay modes, land and air vehicles, new and returning weapons, and a package of power-ups that will make you giddy with glee.

shot0001b.jpg

shot0002b.jpg

shot0005b.jpg

shot0015b.jpg

shot0134b.jpg

shot0158b.jpg

shot0168b.jpg

I'm really lookin forward to this game, and also Mechassault, also an online game.

Anyone else thinkin of buying/rentin' this game possibly?

Splinter Cell will be out in time for Christmas, with a PC version scheduled to appear by the end of the year (so not that excusive, then!). The game has apparently been designed to take “full advantage” of the “advanced graphics and sound capabilities of Xbox”. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell will also feature online elements, we’re promised.

Too bad for anyone without an Xbox or a killer gaming rig.

Oh... well... Here's the screens:

338_1.jpg

338_2.jpg

338_3.jpg

338_4.jpg

338_5.jpg

338_6.jpg

The "jaggies" won't be there in the final build of the game. There isn't any AA in these screens, so that's why.

BTW: there's a bunch more screens but this is all I feel like postin at the Mo.

I saw a preview of Splinter Cell on TechTV's Extended Play. That game looks so awesome! The seriousness of the game will be a cool factor. Also, the abilty to scopse out an area before you enter is awesome. (Via Cameras) Also, you can crack doors open and peek inside which is so damn cool! I can not wait for this game ot come out!

A friend of mine has both of these games. Both are utterly beautiful.

Splinter-Cell is one player only, and appears to be exceedingly time consuming. But it's a lot of fun when you really get into the game.

Unreal Championship is good ole Unreal ... taken to a higher level of entertainment. It moves REALLY fast and is almost difficult to control with the gamepad. If you like shoot-em-ups, this game is about as good as it gets on XBox. Though Halo is still the best game for XBox in my opinion. It just rocks.

Unreal is cool, I played it a bit, but prefer the Pc version (which looks and plays much better actually.)
Splinter Cel is going to be much of the same, so I'm waiting for the Pc version. (Which will definitely look better.) Plus you can get both cheaper on the Pc than on the console.

Originally posted by Tom M
Unreal is cool, I played it a bit, but prefer the Pc version (which looks and plays much better actually.)

That is so true. The only FPS game I play on consoles is Halo. :D

Back