Unrealistic downforce for Group C cars.

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
dawson864
Anyone else wonder why the downforce is inaccurate for all Group C race cars? This applies not only to GT Sport, but to all previous versions of the GT Series. In real life these cars can produce well over 10,000 lb of downforce at 200 mph, considerably more than Formula One cars (past or present). Yet the F1 cars in GT always have a downforce advantage.

What's the reason for this?

Can Group C cars literally rip the track apart bit by bit? I think not.

Can you direct me to at least 3-5 sites on the actual downforce levels of Group C cars? If you can find some on current F1 as well, that'd be a nice bonus to have.

I'd really, really love to see actual downforce levels of Group C machinery, their drag coefficients, and compare them to LMP1. I dunno, someone did already point me to a site that says Group C had more downforce than LMP1, but I'm just persistent the point of irrationality. Maybe give me 5 sites with consistent results and descriptions and I'll shut up at how Group C should have no chance against LMP1s.

Anyone else wonder why the downforce is inaccurate for all Group C race cars? This applies not only to GT Sport, but to all previous versions of the GT Series. In real life these cars can produce well over 10,000 lb of downforce at 200 mph, considerably more than Formula One cars (past or present). Yet the F1 cars in GT always have a downforce advantage.

What's the reason for this?

1. Do you have a source for the downforce of group c cars and F1 cars?

2. How do you know how much downforce a car is producing in the game?

Back