Untamable RUF PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter gt4addict
  • 14 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
i need some help my ruf ctr 2 96 is a frikin loose cannon the car is completly hooked up and i am a t a loss for what to set the suspension and the tcs and the understeer and oversteer the cars realy undrivable especially on the numrburgring
please any help will be apreciated the car would be a great racer if i could just get it under control

I've tried sway bar settings, ride height, spring rates. This car is the hardest to drive yet. My real life C4S does not drive anything near like this RUF. :crazy:

I've got a setup for a BTR that i ran an 8:34 at the nurburgring with (without dying or hitting a wall once!). here's the setup:

1986 RUF BTR

394 hp
n1 tires
racing brakes (12 f+r)
no driving aids
race flywheel
triple clutch
no downforce
-50 weight balance @168
chassis stiffening
racing suspension: (all are equal front and back)
9.1 springs
79 ride height
5 bound
6 rebound
3.4 camber
0 toe
7 stabilizer

the brakes on this car are not strong enough for the power, so break early! this setup is also good if you equip sport tires. i stabilized the car a lot, but i still allowed some oversteer when in slow corners (and when you're off throttle). beware the n1 tires, they are the hardest to drive in the game, but are the most realistic (to stock tires in rl). if youd like ill try to setup for any other ruf car or any other car for that matter.

PS drifting with this setup is much easier.

50/50=orgasm
I've got a setup for a BTR that i ran an 8:34 at the nurburgring with (without dying or hitting a wall once!). here's the setup:

1986 RUF BTR

394 hp
n1 tires
racing brakes (12 f+r)
no driving aids
race flywheel
triple clutch
no downforce
-50 weight balance @168
chassis stiffening
racing suspension: (all are equal front and back)
9.1 springs
79 ride height
5 bound
6 rebound
3.4 camber
0 toe
7 stabilizer

the brakes on this car are not strong enough for the power, so break early! this setup is also good if you equip sport tires. i stabilized the car a lot, but i still allowed some oversteer when in slow corners (and when you're off throttle). beware the n1 tires, they are the hardest to drive in the game, but are the most realistic (to stock tires in rl). if youd like ill try to setup for any other ruf car or any other car for that matter.

PS drifting with this setup is much easier.

thats great for the btr but im driving a 96 ctr 2 stage 4 turbo with the works

u mentioned track:nurb as having trouble, sounds like u need to increase the ride height giving u more travel and a softer effect, always helps on that track. as for the brakes w/ that much power I set them up pretty high, and get off the throttel sometimes! lol harder to do then said I know. :crazy:

orgasm is right, the stopping power on this car leaves much to be desired, especially with sport tires. My advice is to brake early and try not to turn and brake at the same time.

Change you exit strategy to use the awesome acceleration to pass people late in the turns, rather than early.

alright my setup for the suspension on this car is the same as the BTR, but use zero balance weight. if you want the car to understeer, put balance on -50 and slowly add weight as you see fit, same for oversteer, but +50. because this is an awd car, when youre in almost any corner, accelerating hard with make the car understeer (i really dislike awd cars for that reason). i tested this car at the nurburgring with all options available and it oversteered nicely when the throttle was lifted, but do not get any air in this car or you are done, it is very unstable at high speeds (150+).

good luck

PS. i dont really like this car, maybe you should try another unless your stuck with this beast.

As mentioned before the car is a beast, so stick to your line and break early, clip the apex with no gas nor break then get her back straigth before hammering the gas. You gotta be sweet and gentle with this one.

the power to weight ratio is great! :)
STOCK they can handle great, and run real good too! :)
but once you start fiddilin' it could be a loooooong day before you find the settings that fit you best! :ouch: :grumpy: :crazy:
anywho, sorry, i was probably no help but, that is my two cents. if the ruf ain't good enough at the start, you need somethin' else bro. except for the 3400s which is pretty comfortable when tuned.

SECONDLY, does anyone know why there wasn't a 3600s??

👍 Jonerz 👍

gt4addict
thats great for the btr but im driving a 96 ctr 2 stage 4 turbo with the works
996 PLEASE say 996!!!!!! the btr is a 964 right what about the ctr yellowbird? same sort of setup. that car is a ***** stock
ANYWHO, lates boys,

👍 Jonerz 👍

Jonerz
996 PLEASE say 996!!!!!! the btr is a 964 right what about the ctr yellowbird? same sort of setup. that car is a ***** stock
ANYWHO, lates boys,
👍 Jonerz 👍

oh 96 CTR ma bad thats a 993 :dunce: boy, my cheeks are red. lol

👍 Jonerz 👍

Jonerz, please read AUP and TOS regarding acceptable language in terms of swearing and abbreviations. It would be beneficial for all if you would use proper language when using this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back