Update 1.10 failing.

• Thread starter DudeRacer
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Ipswich
DaleCass
HELP!

I'm trying to download the recent update (as the title suggests) and while waiting for the installation after about 15-20 minutes it tells me that this has failed. I have to then try and download the update again. Only for the same problem to occur.

Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know.

Mine is going on right now, the "approximate minutes left" has been weird. Was sitting at 4 minutes for a long time, now at 2 minutes for a long time.

I had to take mine to a friends place with a much faster connection to complete it (NBN connection) however on my connection the patch itself downloaded and installed fine, it was the hot fixes after the fact that stalled/crashed/chucked a tantrum. They kept crashing on my 2mbit net (ADSL/distance/line quality) yet the hot fixes still took 2hrs to do their thing on his.. first time I've had issues doing any of the patches since release.

The remaining time of download is just a joke, ignore it.

For my first attempt, it took 2 hr to download, and it failed at the moment of 2 min left. :banghead:

It was already midnight, so I loaded again, turned off the TV and went to bed. The next morning, it's done, forturnately. And the install of the patch took (only) several minutes without problem.

So, I'm not sure, but I guess it'd be better doing that massive download during the period when the network is not so busy in your area.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to "wire it up" (as I'm wireless) and try it late tonight. I'll update soon.

I've tryed it with an ethernet cable connection at 23:00GMT so internet usage in my area was (hopefully) lower. Still no joy.

I think that the next step is the joyous task of reinstalling ALL the patches again. :banghead:

Back