GT Sport Update 1.16 Arrives

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 398 comments
At this point, even before the servers are back online, I'm going to stick my neck out and say there is no new content other than what we recieved up to and including 1.15.

Usually the animated driving background scenes of the main menu feature the newest cars to be added, I'm still only seeing those we got in 1.15.

Called it; its the nuclear option.

At this point, even before the servers are back online, I'm going to stick my neck out and say there is no new content other than what we recieved up to and including 1.15.

Usually the animated driving background scenes of the main menu feature the newest cars to be added, I'm still only seeing those we got in 1.15.

I looked at the game file and it’s at 81GB. Seems like what you’re saying is correct. If this update was truly 24GB the game would be over 100GB

Damn... bandwidth cap on my end... will have to wait till tonight (unlimited bandwidth between midnight and 6am). Sad thing is I have to wait that long even though it says it can download the 24GB update in less than 30min.

MIDFIELD RACEWAY! WOOO!
Hello Pinocchio!
587b56fa44060909aa603aa4.png

Sorry looks like we will only know once someone downloads it and the servers are back up. I will probs go back to bed not watching the download bar slowly fill for the next 3 and a half hours.

I looked at the game file and it’s at 81GB. Seems like what you’re saying is correct. If this update was truly 24GB the game would be over 100GB
Not if it's fixing broken stuff that's already in the game, which I suspect it is.

I literally rubbed my eyes because I thought it HAD to be 2.4Gb and not 24Gb... this MUST have a LOT of content in it right?

I would agree, there is probably something wrong that was just better to reinstall the patches. I suppose they could be adding something early and only opening it up later but I doubt it.

I would agree, there is probably something wrong that was just better to reinstall the patches. I suppose they could be adding something early and only opening it up later but I doubt it.
Nope. 1.16 is just a few megabytes larger than a full installation of 1.15 was. There is no new content hidden waiting to be revealed.

This is a nightmare for ppl with throttled connections not allowing for open streaming of bandwidth.... 99 plus hours to dl... Ill get to play sometime this weekend... So when they do this with little addional content it is extremely annoying

... However half glass full would say... After 1500 est sport mode races maybe a break is needed and actually living life in my spare time for a few days is beneficial to my well being. Lol

Patch notes, translated from the Japanese language site.

"Gran Turismo SPORT" has performed the update.
The fixes of this update are as follows.

1. Steering controller
 - Fixed an issue where Gilm Thrustmaster® T 500 RS could not be used with the update of 1.15.

2. Sound
 - Fixed an issue that no longer sounds, sound effects, or squealing sounds when playing the game for a while.

3. Sports mode / lobby
 - Fixed a problem where the car was not correctly displayed when pit stop was made.
 - Fixed the issue that the playback function at the time of watching could not be used.

4. Loading save data
 - Fixed a problem that does not proceed from the server and save data status confirmation screen at game startup.

In addition, we have made minor corrections and adjustments.

Also, patch distribution on PS 4 uses SIE's differential patch distribution service, but depending on the installation situation of the user, there are two cases of when downloading is 103 MB as a difference and when all patches are re-downloaded We have confirmed that it is occurring.

We would like to thank you for "Gran Turismo SPORT" in the future.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/news/00_5936023.html

Back