• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,247 comments

what do you think about the new track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poland
Poland
The new game update will be published after the World Finals on 5th of December.
It's going to include:

NEW TRACKS
A new variation of Tokyo Expressway called "South Inner Loop" will be added into the game, with its alternative loop, called "South Outer Loop" respectively.

Its total length is around 6 kilometres (6,300 - 6,560)

NEW CARS
Image uploaded by @hellZfirE shows the new unseen car: Ferrari F50 '95

Yesterday, Kaz uploaded an image on Twitter showing 7 new cars, including:
Pontiac Trans-Am '78
BMW M3 (E92) '07
McLaren P1 GTR '16
GReddy FuguZ
(under Gran Turismo brand)
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible C2
Ferrari F50 '95
Tesla Model S '12
(unconfirmed)

Last edited:
Had to vote it's meh...I hope the new South Inner Loop is enough to make Tokyo Expressway worth my time.

Still hopefully some new cars will come, seems very quick for another update but I am not complaining!

EDIT: Just noticed the F50 in the car list, that's one off the list anyway!

Last edited:
Tokyo variation not being R246 is a huge letdown. But the Ferrari F50 though !

giphy.gif

Hope this is real. The F50 is the only Ferrari halo car missing since the 288 GTO arrived last dlc, and it has always been my favorite. Best sounding Ferrari road car. Looks wise, the front may be off and the rear a bit plain, but that curvaceous side view, with that high rear wing intergrated into the body work has always been very appealing to me .

Loved taking photos of it in Driveclub.
PS_Messages_20181115_161307.jpg

GT Sport's superior camera options should provide some great shots and I will have hours of fun on the livery editor with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 780188

Ada9.gif

NO WAY! :eek::eek::eek: The sixth most requested car is going to be in the game!! Oh my God I'm so damn happy now! :(

Now the question is, will it be a the one with top or without it? please let it be the hard top one

They are the same model. The removal of the hard top and application of the roll bars is a very long process that requires alot of tool work. As far as which form we wil get in the game, my bet is with the fixed roof. However, I would love to get a beautiful shot of that gated shifter if it were without it's roof.

So they do use ‘weak’ slipstreaming. Makes sense as they want to keep the racing close.

So we are having a World Championship which is supposed to have the pointed end of the spear best GTS drivers in the world racing against each other to determine who is the best of the best but they are implementing a weak rubberbanding setting active in the race to make it easier to close a gap on a driver holding a position in front of them?

Where does the driver skill in pulling a gap or closing a gap become the main criteria to finish positions rather than an in race edge that affects the on track positions?

Does not make sense with these drivers of this caliber and this format to try to influence the the race field in any artificial way to me.

If your reaction to a new layout (which hasn’t even been seen yet, might I add) after a few months in a row of completely new circuits is shock, anger, betrayal and wanting to snap your disk, I’d hate to see how you react at your own birthday party.

@Envoxeb how can we have a poll if the only thing that exists for us so far is a NAME?!

How does anyone still check in with the update threads and not want to quit GTP? This is madness.

Last edited:
If your reaction to a new layout (which hasn’t even been seen yet, might I add) after a few months in a row of completely new circuits is shock, anger, betrayal and wanting to snap your disk, I’d hate to see how you react at your own birthday party.

@Tired Tyres if that's your reaction to stuff being added to a game, I’m surprised you even had the initiative to buy it in the first place.

@Envoxeb how can we have a poll if the only thing that exists for us so far is a NAME?!

How does anyone still check in with the update threads and not want to quit GTP? This is madness.

What he said ^^
(I think @Tired Tyres may have been joking though...?)

The new game update will be published after the World Finals, and it's going to include:

NEW TRACK
A new variation of Tokyo Expressway called "South Inner Loop" will be added into the game. Its total length is around 6 kilometres (6,300 - 6,560)

NEW SPOTTED CARS
Image uploaded by @hellZfirE shows the new unseen car: Ferrari F50 '95

whatsapp-image-2018-11-15-at-10-29-54-jpeg.780173

Can I ask where this came from?? how do we know it's legit??

This is going to be my favourite track update so far... as it's one in the eye for those that continually bleat on with the same old dogmatic wish lists inserted into every speculation post, and then have to break out the table flipping butt hurt cream when the free asset they're gaining isn't what they believe they're owed.

I hope there's a 6 hour stock Miata Endurance race that pays 6,666,666 credits for it in GT League too!

Selling the game no question. Oh. It's a download. :banghead:
PD have delivered oustanding support for GT Sport since launch. If anything that support has stepped up a gear in recent months with real world tracks that set a graphical benchmark for the series and console sims. Cars are a personal thing. But no one can be in any doubt each car set’s benchmarks in terms of detail. Cars like the humble (original) Mini are gems and as valuable to the series as the latest supercars and race cars.

Getting on for 13 months after launch my full price, day one, outlay has been paid back in entertainment and enjoyment many times over. IMO, this is the best Gran Turismo to date and I look forward to another free update.

So they do use ‘weak’ slipstreaming. Makes sense as they want to keep the racing close.
So we are having a World Championship which is supposed to have the pointed end of the spear best GTS drivers in the world racing against each other to determine who is the best of the best but they are implementing a weak rubberbanding setting active in the race to make it easier to close a gap on a driver holding a position in front of them?

Where does the driver skill in pulling a gap or closing a gap become the main criteria to finish positions rather than an in race edge that affects the on track positions?

Does not make sense with these drivers of this caliber and this format to try to influence the the race field in any artificial way to me.
I think what you're both referring to is the 'Boost' setting, which this isn't. Slipstream is different and would only cause artificially closer racing if set to 'Strong'.

I might be in a minority here, but i want PD to add rally/gravel course into the game

The game had rally from the start, yet we still only have 3 rally tracks in the game, two layouts per each (and those are just reverse versions of the same tracks, mind)
Sad really, because i do enjoy the rallying in the game. I took part in some random rally lobbies and they were tons of fun. Still take my Alpine A110 for a spin from time to time, but with the same 3 tracks it becomes boring

PD should just go and add the 🤬 Pikes Peak already. Because there's no reason for them to hold an exclusivity deal on that track

I might be in a minority here, but i want PD to add rally/gravel course into the game

The game had rally from the start, yet we still only have 3 rally tracks in the game, two layouts per each (and those are just reverse versions of the same tracks, mind)
Sad really, because i do enjoy the rallying in the game. I took part in some random rally lobbies and they were tons of fun. Still take my Alpine A110 for a spin from time to time, but with the same 3 tracks it becomes boring

PD should just go and add the 🤬 Pikes Peak already. Because there's no reason for them to hold an exclusivity deal on that track
Pikes Peak of course is all tarmac these days. I’d love some tarmac rally stages, ideally point-to-point.

All professional sports are businesses first and foremost(except the Olympics which is a corrupt flaming pile of burning tires but that topic is for another day!) so entertainment is prioritized :)

I don’t mind the slipstream setting but I do care if it’s going to be another punt fest like Vegas, or are they sorting it out :ill:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back