Update 1.32 (January Update) speculation thread - update released!

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only prediction I got kinda right was that Le Mans was coming to GTS with the update at the end of May.

So, mixing up speculation and wish, we will get Sebring with the March update along with 3 GTE cars (Corvette, Ford, BMW).
Going to the old pattern for tracks, there will be a real world track in January and a fictional one (= Deep Forest) in February.

Ok, it's 90% wish and 10% speculation...
We had RB, Fuji and Catalunya in three months and Tokyo a few days back then, and in July we had Sainte-Croix, while in 1.19 it was what you predicted.
So I have no idea whether PD will add something GTPlanters longed for (Spa, Silverstone or so) or other things GTPlaneters longed for (Deep Forest, R246 or so) or something we don't know.

Maybe we might get the new Toyota Supra next month on the day the real car is unveiled at Detroit?

Not saying this is confirmed but Toyota will be previewing a Supra Super GT500 GR Racing concept based on the A90 at the 2019 Tokyo Auto Salon in January:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...concept-teased-ahead-of-2019-tokyo-auto-salon

I think this is a very likely candidate for a future update. It’s nice having any sort of Gr.2 car added to the game in any case.

Other cars present include the 2018 TS050 and Lexus LC500 N24 which I would love to see added alongside the Gr.2 Supra in Gr.4.

The Tokyo Auto Salon falling just after January along with the Detroit show, I think that super Supra Super GT concept will be teased in January (but may not come to GTS until later if it's not ready at that point). Would be super if it was in the January update though.

I do however think with the Detroit show coming up there might also be a US mini theme for the January update, I am wondering whether that long ago mentioned (in GT6) Ford Vision GT could appear at Detroit, and in the January update along with the Ford Coupe SEMA car.

The rest of the cars I would then expect to be reinstated cars from GT6, based on recent updates.

As for a new track, I don't see it being a real track, more likely a new layout of an existing fictional track, or returning fictional track from GT6.

I think the real race tracks will be targeted for closer to the next FIA season primarily.

The Tokyo Auto Salon falling just after January along with the Detroit show, I think that super Supra Super GT concept will be teased in January (but may not come to GTS until later if it's not ready at that point). Would be super if it was in the January update though.

I do however think with the Detroit show coming up there might also be a US mini theme for the January update, I am wondering whether that long ago mentioned (in GT6) Ford Vision GT could appear at Detroit, and in the January update along with the Ford Coupe SEMA car.

The rest of the cars I would then expect to be reinstated cars from GT6, based on recent updates.

As for a new track, I don't see it being a real track, more likely a new layout of an existing fictional track, or returning fictional track from GT6.

I think the real race tracks will be targeted for closer to the next FIA season primarily.

The Rolex 24 Hours is in January, Daytona Speedway was in GT6 so there might be a chance of it reappearing, at this point I would have expected Laguna Seca being the first American track to reappear.

Any of the following 6 cars might show up in the next big update. They are all confirmed to be included in Gran Turismo. Years have past to model and replicate these cars so I don't see why at least one shouldn't be included in the January update. PD has been stalling with their Pebble Beach winners.
1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe
ferrari-500-mondial-berlinetta.jpg

1953 Aston Martin DB3S Sports
Aston-Martin-DB3S-88429.jpg

1954 Maserati A6GCS Spider
dan-meiling-1954-maserati-a6gcs-1-860x480.jpg

1952 Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster
Briggs-Cunningham-cars-11.jpg

1966 Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder
p4-605x297.jpg

1929 Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer
Mercedes-Benz-680-S-Barker-Tourer-128756.jpg

Somebody says new update is coming January 3, I read it somewhere....
i hope there is a chance to see one before christmas, it would be nice to see some snow on a track

I honestly believe that some content is already in the game when we installed it, but are locked by default. When the moment they'll release a new update, I think there's a possibility they'll just remove the chains.

An example would be the infield of the Northern Isle Speedway in Licensing and the wet weather.

That's what I think.

I honestly believe that some content is already in the game when we installed it, but are locked by default. When the moment they'll release a new update, I think there's a possibility they'll just remove the chains.

An example would be the infield of the Northern Isle Speedway in Licensing and the wet weather.

That's what I think.
If PD thought that their wet weather physics is good enough to work outside the confined space of a license test and there were be no framerate issues with 20 cars in the rain, they'd release it right away.

Any of the following 6 cars might show up in the next big update. They are all confirmed to be included in Gran Turismo. Years have past to model and replicate these cars so I don't see why at least one shouldn't be included in the January update. PD has been stalling with their Pebble Beach winners.
1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe
ferrari-500-mondial-berlinetta.jpg

1953 Aston Martin DB3S Sports
Aston-Martin-DB3S-88429.jpg

1954 Maserati A6GCS Spider
dan-meiling-1954-maserati-a6gcs-1-860x480.jpg

1952 Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster
Briggs-Cunningham-cars-11.jpg

1966 Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder
p4-605x297.jpg

1929 Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer
Mercedes-Benz-680-S-Barker-Tourer-128756.jpg
They will all cost 20 million if they come

120 million Cr. = a lot of hours. Whew! After grinding for that Daytona, I'm done with anything that pricey. Still struggling to think about getting the McLaren P1.

Well I like the Daytona (the car that had two Peter Brocks) and it has a chance at the Nostalgia 79 so there's motivation to get it.

I actually like the Zonda R but since there's no place to run it (besides custom races) so why do I want it? I'm not greatly into 'trophy cars'.

I actually hate the RBR x2014 but there is actually a reason to own one and both it and the Daytona will be useful in the future.

LOL no I dont grind much.

I can only tell you about the many times the 330 has beaten me on the 1979 races.

Its slightly forgone in that my Daytona is about 490hp and 930kg.

The 330 has a tad more horsepower and only 730kg and it corners a heap better. I'm getting the tail out a bit etc. while the mid engined 330 does not being a quasi LMP of the age.

I'm like 5 secs behind the 330 on both St. Croix and Le Mans so I might get there.

I can only tell you about the many times the 330 has beaten me on the 1979 races.

The 330 has a tad more horsepower and only 730kg and it corners a heap better. I'm getting the tail out a bit etc. while the mid engined 330 does not being a quasi LMP of the age.

I'm like 5 secs behind the 330 on both St. Croix and Le Mans so I might get there.
If the 330 isn't in the top 3 positions at the start of the race, you can beat it with the Daytona at max power, min weight. I've adjusted the gearing on mine slightly, although it'll not hit 200mph it's got another 4-5mph in clean air and in the draft over stock gearing.

Fair enough! I do have the 330 and I can tell you that it rocks. Really great drive. Different and unique enough to justify the price tag IMO, but according to others on the forum, if I have it, there doesn't seem to be much point in aiming to own any of the other mega $ cars. Thats why I was interested hear from a Daytona owner.

btw - what does 2 Peter Brocks mean?

Excuse me for being ignorant if I am. but isn't the 330 P4 already in the game? Besides chassis numbers or the year entered, what's the difference to the one we already have?
Yes we already have a 330 P4. So I don't know why Kaz gave the reward to ANOTHER 330. I'm no P4 expert but I'm guessing the Drogo spyder has a few differences from the one already in-game.

Well I like the Daytona (the car that had two Peter Brocks) and it has a chance at the Nostalgia 79 so there's motivation to get it.

I actually like the Zonda R but since there's no place to run it (besides custom races) so why do I want it? I'm not greatly into 'trophy cars'.

I actually hate the RBR x2014 but there is actually a reason to own one and both it and the Daytona will be useful in the future.

I have all the sub 10m cars except for the P1 GTR from the last update, for the same reason there are no events other than custom races. I'm also creeping up my credits slowly towards 20m for the 330P4 although I'm only doing Amateur races with the 6 newest cars right now, so those credits aren't going up very quickly.

I'm praying for no expensive cars in the January so I can keep going up towards 20m.

Of course that means the opposite is guaranteed in the January update...! :lol:

Guys,

What do you think?

Would not it be nice to put the track day cars (FXX, P1 GTR, Zonda R and others) in group Gr. 2?

Obviously, for eventual inclusion in a Gr. 2 race, cars should undergo performance moderation.

Also, I think the old GT1 cars (like CLK GTR, McLaren F1 GTR, Elise GT1, 911 GT1) could eventually also be added in this group.

PS: Curious to know what PD will do with the new hypercars of WEC in 2020. Gr 1 or Gr 2?

After the introduction of F50, I expect to see 355/360/430 in the future. 430 more likely since it was in previous titles but I have a hunch we will see 360 one day as well.

alp
After the introduction of F50, I expect to see 355/360/430 in the future. 430 more likely since it was in previous titles but I have a hunch we will see 360 one day as well.
Considering the nature of this game it is bizarre we keep getting these road-based Ferraris added but still don't have the 488 GT3.

Reactions: alp
I'm going to make a prediction that we won't see a new to the series car this update. Formula E was announced but the game is not ready for it yet, and the only other new car I could see coming is the 2018 RJN GT-R GT3. Anything else would just be a shot in the dark besides the SEMA and Pebble Beach winners, but those don't seem to come with any predictability. I will however speculate that a remastered standard car will be coming next content update. Maybe the Hakosuka Skyline? It's the last road going Skyline that anyone seems to care about that isn't in the game already. Also with Nismo Festival just passed it would be a great time to release more Nissan related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back