Update 1.32 (January Update) speculation thread - update released!

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been, what, a year since the Ford Raptor dropped? It feels so out of place seeing it on a grid with 19 or so cars. Wondering if we'll get a Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Ram and, by extension, a trucks-only GT League event.
This would be neat to have return:
chevrolet-ssr-photo-5300-s-original.jpg

It's been, what, a year since the Ford Raptor dropped? It feels so out of place seeing it on a grid with 19 or so cars. Wondering if we'll get a Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Ram and, by extension, a trucks-only GT League event.

This would be neat to have return:
chevrolet-ssr-photo-5300-s-original.jpg
All other sport trucks are inferior when you have the smol boi in your race :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
There's a proper kei car race now. Could happen.

As for the Coontach prediction, would PD model it with or without the front wing option?

Without. At best with the rear wing, and it's still possible not even that as in all three GTs the 25th anniversary has been in it didn't come with the wing, and in PSP there was no way to put one on as there wasn't any visual mods, just like GTS.

Was the front wing an option in GT6? I only had the LP400 there. I hope it wasn't because I'd be pissed to have missed it:lol:

There's a proper kei car race now. Could happen.

As for the Coontach prediction, would PD model it with or without the front wing option?

I'm guessing they'll base it on how it appeared in GT6 (unmodified stock).

Without. At best with the rear wing, and it's still possible not even that as in all three GTs the 25th anniversary has been in it didn't come with the wing, and in PSP there was no way to put one on as there wasn't any visual mods, just like GTS.

Was the front wing an option in GT6? I only had the LP400 there. I hope it wasn't because I'd be pissed to have missed it:lol:
I believe there was the option. I did a photo shoot replicating that Cannonball Run scene. Used the blue T/A and black Countach. Hope it's still in the GT6 photos. Can't recall if it was the Realistic Thread or Latest photos thread.

Last edited:
I believe there was the option. I did a photo shoot duplicating that Cannonball Run scene. Used the blue T/A and black Countach. Hope it's still in the GT6 photos. Can't recall if it was the Realistic Thread or Latest photos thread.
I managed to find your post. Thankfully for my mental health there's no front wing on your Countach.

One of my favourite opening scenes of any movie:

2ioRYFf.jpg

EYtkwbu.jpg

kr3Fgfo.jpg

prmljUO.jpg

Fp03b6z.jpg

p7LBtLz.jpg

duekEsI.jpg

HnyT7n8.jpg

Also a bit funny that I've never really liked any of the wide wheel arches Countach, but somehow with your pics it's starting to grow on me.

Since there has been at least a race car in a update, I'm just gonna throw a bone and say Audi R10.

car_64_46737_555f0e0d9468a.jpg
I'm also feeling Audi in the next update. I mentioned the V10 RS6 Avant.

Last update were

4 USA
1 Italian
1 German
1 British

I'll guess

2 French(Renault, Peugeot)
2 German(Audi, AMG)
2 Italian(Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini)
3 Japan(2 Toyota, 1 Honda)
1 USA(Ford)
1 British(Jaguar)
1 Korean(i30 N or Kia Stinger)

Playing Fortune Island reminds me how visual effects are lacking in GTSport. Dirt on car, rain, changing weather, dynamic camera... After a lap of the Nurburgring, the windshield should be dirty.
We lack the wipers and headlight functions from GT6.. Now, we can only flash lights/hi/low beam and use the indicators. The car does get dirty in FiA, but that doesn't help in Arcade & Campaign. If no rain, at least a windscreen spray/wiper function. I do wonder how PD would do a dirty windscreen with all the new glaring graphics.

Since there has been at least a race car in a update, I'm just gonna throw a bone and say Audi R10.

car_64_46737_555f0e0d9468a.jpg

This was the first race car I purchased on Gran Turismo 5, in 2012 two weeks after I bought the game. I believe I had over twenty thousand miles on it before GT6 was released. I loved that car...

Yes please!

Also I have a strong sense that another 90s Japanese vehicle will be added. I don't know why, but it just seems right. Suzuki Cappuccino, Mazda Autozam, or just something else to fit the class of the Honda Beat. You know what I'm saying?

Last edited:
We lack the wipers and headlight functions from GT6.. Now, we can only flash lights/hi/low beam and use the indicators. The car does get dirty in FiA, but that doesn't help in Arcade & Campaign. If no rain, at least a windscreen spray/wiper function. I do wonder how PD would do a dirty windscreen with all the new glaring graphics.
Actually, wiper controls are available with a wheel, and they work. There's a horn button as well, but I haven't tested it yet.

The dust and dirt is only visible when you drive on the grass and gravel though right?
There should be a proper build up from general driving like there is in PCars2.
They don't even try to implement a proper system for dirt. More than a year later, the windshield stays perfectly clean. I know it's just a detail but the visual effects are very poor in GTSport even nonexistent.

What if the January Update 2019 is anything like the January Update we got months ago? I was looking at the January Update we got months back and it got me thinking. They could throw us a new track including a variation of a track (seeing as most peeps here wanted a version of Catalunya without the chicane).

As for the cars, maybe some Mitsubishis instead of Toyotas? They could give us the Evos back (Evo IX and Evo VI TME) from GT6 and a premium converted Mitsubishi.

Hope we don’t have more ‘fast and furious’ cars but real cars....the opening movie in the game always make me wander the entire racing history, to be honest we need to cover better the first 50 years of 20th century. From a real simulation game I don’t accept a sema car is faster than a Ferrari La Ferrai of a Veneno on a track lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back