Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poland
Poland
i know that there was kinda the same thread, but everyone doesn't seem to be active in it, so i decided to create another one.

I doubt we'd get any race cars in 1.33 although I really hope we do. So 8/9 road cars, with 1/2 brand new ones and the rest returning from past games.

As for a track, I'd guess at a real world one but I think it's more likely we'll get an original one.

Maybe Formula-e, as the season is getting underway and I don’t think it would be too wise to wait too long with adding the car (assuming the rumors are true) so they can still use the hype of the new gen2 car to their advantage... maybe a street track to accompany it?

I can barely believe I have to say this again (or that anyone has run out of things in 1.32 to play with in 3.5 hours) , but this is not where wishlists go.

Cars you want go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/cars.339/
Tracks you want go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/tracks.340/

Speculation - which is reasoning, based on (usually incomplete) evidence - goes in this thread.

Any posts from users that are random guesses of cars or tracks, or features, without any reasoning, and any posts that hope/not, wish/not, want/not, would/wouldn't like, or similar will be removed. Any users that persist in posting these after their previous posts are removed will receive a thread ban - and already there's a bunch of people on one strike.

I will say what I usually say everytime possible next real world tracks are Spa,Laguna Seca,Indianapolis,Daytona and Silverstone. Simply based on fact that they were on past GT games and most probably will be on GT Sport.

Some meta speculation:

People will:

- Determine there's absolutely zero chance of a February update before it's even February.
- Determine that there will be no track or layout(s) being added because there was no teaser despite the fact that that has literally only occurred once in over a year of (almost) monthly content updates.

/salt

I may drop a legit car/track prediction a bit later on, but honestly I don't think it'll change much from prediction I dropped this month. I'd largely just be subtracting the few cars I predicted correctly. Biggest change may actually be track(s?).

After the addition of Special Stage Route X, I think Poly is simply unpredictable. It can be anything or nothing.
Special Stage Route X gives us two new, interesting data points.

*It's the first "original" track to return. This does open the door to other returning original tracks.
*It's one of only three circuits ever used in a Gran Turismo game as paid DLC. Along with Motegi and... Spa (which also brought Kart Space in its bundle).

Last edited:
I'd reasonably speculate that the new Supra will arrive in February with both the road car and the GT500 racing concept.

If it goes anything like the April '18 update with the GR Supra GTE concept, February might possibly be dedicated to the newest Supra variants.

With the lack of supercars in this update, I'm guessing at least one of these four wil be included in the next update, keeping with the tradition of bringing back cars from the 15th Anniversary roster:

- Cizeta V16T
- Ford Shelby GT500
- Pagani Huayrarayarayraaa
- Lancia Stratos

The Rolex 24 at Daytona is happening later this month and the Daytona 500 for NASCAR is happening next month so....idk...it could be more imsa cars added in along with NASCAR and the track ends being Daytona (both oval and road course layouts).

I speculate a new GT League Event: Like the wind. Mainly because SSR X is a good fit and was supposedly used for that cup in GT6.

I don't know if Daytona will be added, but it does make some sense to return or even Indianapolis. Then the month after, it could be the return of Nascar.

As for cars, it will be 4 or 5 of those 15th anniversary cars and 3 new ones.

I will not be surprised if a new Vision GT car debuts in the next few months.

It's been very quite for awhile on that project since the Audis arrived way back in April.

I think it’s reasonable to say Deep Forest, and any other originals, could be coming soon. The argument for originals coming back to GTS was strengthened with the addition of one of the former paid dlc tracks, not to mention the sheer length of this track means that they probably got one of the heavy hitters out of the way in terms of detail. Knowing PD, though, it will once again come from left field and nobody will expect it.

In terms of cars, anything could be added really. The Supra NASCAR seems likely due to how much PD was promoting the Supra road car/race car, especially since we are close to the start of the NASCAR season. Other notables could be the M8 GTE, 488 GT, Ford GT GTE, etc. due to IMSA and the Rolex 24. Something out of left field will probably be another Pebble beach/SEMA winner.

Tracks? nothing to guess. The only time we're gonna get peeks is during the next championship finals which ain't gonna be for a while.

The only logical speculation for February's update, would be including the new Supra and it's GT500 version, possibly the nascar version for ***** and giggles. We were lucky enough to get the FRS and it's concept in GT5, and having gotten the FT1, and the Gazoo racing version already, i think it's a decently safe bet we can get the Supra, eventually atleast.

Other than that, There ain't **** to base anything off of.

Other than that, There ain't **** to base anything off of.
Except fourteen previous updates, each giving a track and somewhere between a handful and a Norwich-handful of cars following certain patterns.

Reactions: VXR
Yes, but the updates don't contain any sort of discernable pattern from the previous, or rhyme or reason for the tracks.

Other than a few outliers, I think the updates have followed a somewhat stable pattern. It's at least been stable enough that we can generally "expect" 8+ cars and a new track (or layouts) at some point each month. This is, of course, not counting some of the outliers that featured only 1 or 2 cars during one of the spring updates as well as the complete lack of an update for the month of June.

Last edited:
At one point for a time we also has real track, fictional track, real track pattern.

Yes, but the updates don't contain any sort of discernable pattern from the previous, or rhyme or reason for the tracks.
If you say so.

Personally I think six returning whole circuits (Monza, Tsukuba, Fuji, Red Bull, La Sarthe, SSRX), two whole new circuits (Catalunya, St. Croix) and five extensions to existing circuits (Blue Moon, Maggiore, Dragon Trail, Kyoto, Tokyo) gives us a probability pattern - 46% returns, 38% extensions, 15% new. Before the last update it was 42% returns, 42% extensions and 17% new. We got a returning track, which was the joint most-probable outcome.

Looks like a pattern to me.

Last edited:
Her we go:

Track: Based in the rumors, the fact that most of the tracks are reworked from GT6 and how PD loves to troll people, I will say: Spa Francorchamps.
Cars: It seems that after the first updates with 50 cars, PD trend is to provide 7 cars, then 8 and then 9 cars, we had 7 cars in December and 8 cars on January, so stats tell us that this update should has 9 cars, these are the cars that I think will come with the update:
1.- Camaro Rampage GoPro (SEMA winner that it is missing)
2.- Toyota Supra 2020 (Given close relatioship between PD and Toyota and the fact that we already received the Racing concept as exclusive)
3.- Chris Forsberg 370Z (We had confirmation on Instagram from Chris by himself that the car was scanned last year at the same time than Fugu Z)
4.- Ferrari 599 (GT6 port)
5.- Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package (GT6 port)
6.- Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (GT6 Port)
7.- Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (Standard Car upgrade, is an important car in japanese car culture and is a good chance to have it at premium glory)
8.- Volkswagen Scirocco R (One of those unexpected GT6 ports that PD brings every month, also we are lacking VW cars)
9.- Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel (GT6 port)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back