Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

I ended up racing with Pjc141. He brake checked me and I couldn't figure out how to use the pause function. So I spent the rest of the race running into him whenever I could. Penance for such loutish behavior on my part was 40 lashings with a wet noodle.

Just did the Silverstone event with the Base Model I had from an old Red Bull QM. Looks like it is a great tune, I drove away from the field. Quite a bit of acceleration wheel spin though.

I have been having fun with the 350pp for a few days now. I have been using a different car every race, I still haven't ran any of the Elise yet,and I don't have the patience to drive a GSXR into the ground to get it legal. The most fun race so far was surprising everyone and running away from the field in a Cappuccino '95, 890kg, 95HP, buy everything and apply heavy PL, makes the power curve less drastic towards redline to me.

I have been having fun with the 350pp for a few days now. I have been using a different car every race, I still haven't ran any of the Elise yet,and I don't have the patience to drive a GSXR into the ground to get it legal. The most fun race so far was surprising everyone and running away from the field in a Cappuccino '95, 890kg, 95HP, buy everything and apply heavy PL, makes the power curve less drastic towards redline to me.

Have you tried the Berlinette yet? It may surprise a few other racers. I also enjoyed running the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63.

The Berlinette definitely is in the hunt, as are the Tommykaira ZZS and Garaiya. The Giulia Sprint has speed, but seems to give up just a little too much in the corners to be truly in the hunt, maybe a tune would help.

That's just it... I drive to the best of my ability and as cleanly as possible because people can see the flag beside my name. Every time you go out, you represent your country. Certain cars I have dressed up in red & white to add to that idealism. I honestly strive for one thing... if you see my name, you'll be in a good race. That's what I hope people will think of me anyways.

I try to give people chances because sometimes it's just a bad connection... but people like that who are blatantly bad or dirty deserve what people think of them. I notice flags first, then the names. If I see a certain flag, I'm already on guard, expecting certain "styles" of driving. If that person is exceptionally bad, then I'll remember the name as well. 3 major strikes get them blocked, which usually works for never seeing them again.

I don't care if I win or lose. I'd rather lose in a good, close race than win in a bad race, which includes landslides. I've met some great players from all sorts of countries through the Quick Matches, and when I see them, I'm looking forward to what I know is going to be good. Sadly, I've met way more bad apples and I can only block 50 at any given time.

If people would drive thinking they're representing their country first, you'd probably see a lot more pride going into their racecraft. For me it's GO Canada. The last thing I want people to think is GO away Canada... ;)

Cheers
How do you block players!? I didn't know this was possible!!!!

How do you block players!? I didn't know this was possible!!!!

When you're waiting for the next race, hit the PlayStation button to bring up the XMB. In the same list as all your friends and your message box, scroll up to the "Players Met" menu. Find the player's name you want to block and hit the Triangle button. On the right of the screen, you will see the option to "Add to Block List". Hit that, and after you log out of PSN and log back in, you will (usually) never see that player again.

You can block up to 50 people. Be forewarned though... it will add to the time needed (I think, but not 100% sure) to find a room without these blocked people. It seems like the more people you block, the more troubles you see with "Matching Failed" errors etc.

Cheers

Last edited:
ClockDr has his Prius moving very well. Pulled away from me on the straights. I tried one, but can't get faster lap times than my Elise's. Something I'm missing in the setup I guess.

I'll have to search around for more info on that. ;)

ClockDr has his Prius moving very well. Pulled away from me on the straights. I tried one, but can't get faster lap times than my Elise's. Something I'm missing in the setup I guess.

I'll have to search around for more info on that. ;)

What is your fastest lap time in your Elise ('00 I assume)?

What's the consensus on going fastest in the 350 PP event with an Elise or other cars..... Lighter and less HP, heavier and more HP, or somewhere in between? I made a rare appearance last night in quick matches and didn't fair too well. :embarrassed:

When you're waiting for the next race, hit the PlayStation button to bring up the XMB. In the same list as all your friends and your message box, scroll up to the "Players Met" menu. Find the player's name you want to block and hit the Triangle button. On the right of the screen, you will see the option to "Add to Block List". Hit that, and after you log out of PSN and log back in, you will (usually) never see that player again.

You can block up to 50 people. Be forewarned though... it will add to the time needed (I think, but not 100% sure) to find a room without these blocked people. It seems like the more people you block, the more troubles you see with cannot connect errors etc.

Cheers
Excellent tip Baron,, THANK you!! Likely will not use that function many times but very cool to know of it - just in case! Race well partner!

Last edited:
Just did the Silverstone event with the Base Model I had from an old Red Bull QM. Looks like it is a great tune, I drove away from the field. Quite a bit of acceleration wheel spin though.
Our buddy WedJim posted some sweet tune tips for that car as we used it (520pp if memory serves) on the NBringGP QM quite awhile back. A few personalizing tweeks and most anyone can at least be in the hunt at Silverstone. A few gents/gals are really tearing it up there - ripping around the track at 3:26 / 3:28, but for the most part if we can be in the 3:31 / 3:33 zone for the three laps (1:07 / 1:08 per lap) we're in the big credits. This event is the only QM I enjoy this go round,, I had high hopes for the prototypes at Indy,, but the FWD GT-R is the only car that can run the numbers there. Personally I like the car and can run nice numbers but the others simply slip in behind and draft til the final straight,, then drive around.. Ohh well, maybe PD will give us another 600+ "tuner" event at a twisty track next time.

Edit: To save anyone who may be looking for that info the QM was in Feb last year. Here's a few links to discussions on the Megane,, hth

WedJim – see post #20: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/megane-trophy-base-model.323536/

SW__10: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renault-megane-trophy-nürburgring-challenge.323882/

Graveltrap: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/megane-trophy-base-model.1026/

Last edited:
What's the consensus on going fastest in the 350 PP event with an Elise or other cars..... Lighter and less HP, heavier and more HP, or somewhere in between? I made a rare appearance last night in quick matches and didn't fair too well. :embarrassed:

There really is no set rule of thumb, it depends on the car. I have practiced with the 111R, and Elise '11 offline and they seem to like max ballast with PL. I always play around trying to optimize the P/W ratio. On paper the Citroen C3 looks like a winner, but unfortunately it seems to really lack grip, similar to the Giulia but even worse due to being FF.

Man that Pjc141 guy is wreaking havoc in the QM's! I lost my cool and went backwards when he did to try and keep him from taking out the leaders. Ended up making it worse.

Smh.

Picturing a 12 year old wearing his sisters underwear and playing GT6 in the basement with Taylor swift posters in his room.
I can't believe that guy (assuming) is still kicking. And I can't believe how QM is still kicking in general! Those were some of my QM career highlights, taking him out once he got out into the lead and actually started trying to do well. They were also low points, I suppose...

I was hoping we would have all moved on to the quick-match-on-steroids that should have been GT Sport by now. The rating system should take care of career trolls. Should. Now I'm thinking of bringing the PS3 back to the lair to get into some QM again. I retired it to DVD duty in the family room in anticipation for November 15th... :rolleyes: Been playing AC on PS4 and it's just too unreliable. Pretty bad when you can say that about something vs. GT6.

Been playing AC on PS4 and it's just too unreliable. Pretty bad when you can say that about something vs. GT6.
I have been playing Forza6 and Horizons 1-3, I missed the fun of GT6 online so I am back.
I've just recently returned as well (AC) and so have quite a few on my friends list (Forza & AC). Apart from the odd goose here and there, for me, GT6 still has the best online racing.

Great battles to be had on the 350pp.

I've been running my little pug (106 S16) with surprisingly decent results. It's by far the best handling car for in control, flat out in the corners. Not fast enough by itself down the back straight to keep up with the lotuses (Loti???) and other back straight speedsters... but with a little drafting I have been able to come in 1st place battling with all sorts of cars.

I've tried sooo many cars, cause I didn't want to do the lotus thing...

Well yesterday I took out an Elise '00 and it blew me away, no wonder everyone and their dog are driving them... sublime handling and able to post my first sub 1:08 lap!

I ended up wiping a guy out during the race by merely tapping his bumper by accident, sent an apology, but he had already quit... felt like a right tool:banghead:

Anyway, I now know the attraction to the Elise, but I reckon I'll still keep plugging on in other cars... just for the fun of it.

The '00 Elise is definitely the best Lotus to use for the 350, the type 72 really gets hit hard with the nerf stick comparably.

The Mitsubishi i concept is pretty fun, sadly my internet has been acting up due to weather lately.

What is your fastest lap time in your Elise ('00 I assume)?

Yes, the 00 version. I used that the first night because I had one untouched from the last 350pp event. I'd like to think I helped make it popular, winning my first dozen or so races.
My best is a 1:07.0xx, but I had a draft from a straight away rocket Prius, that beat me by .2 seconds! lol

My no draft best is a 1:07.28x.

Disabledracer, I have my Elise as heavy as it can be, with sport exhaust(second best version?). The power to wieght ratio is 8.95, the best I could obtain.

I also moved the ballast forward to keep the back from dumping in tighter corners. Last race I was at -20. I think the split is 47/53.

Hope this helps.

I had a Honda S800 punt me into the wall at the chicane, I held 2nd, and caught back up getting a good run off the final corner. I get my nose beside him and he ends up pirouetting around due to basically giving himself a PIT manuever giving me the win. Good times.

Racing a Lupo 1.4, yaris U sport '01 and a ford KA
I can't keep up with the elises/prius, but always get top of the regular cars. the 350pp even't is un. pity there's always those trying too hard to win a quick race

Disabledracer, I have my Elise as heavy as it can be, with sport exhaust(second best version?). The power to wieght ratio is 8.95, the best I could obtain.

I also moved the ballast forward to keep the back from dumping in tighter corners. Last race I was at -20. I think the split is 47/53.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will try it out.... Although when I race quick matches, I mostly use slower cars/trucks and "try" and grind out a 3rd or fourth place finish, behind the elite cars and drivers. To me, it is far more rewarding having a good finish with a Dodge Ram/BMW 507, than winning with an Elise. Dare to be different people!

Speaking of different cars to try.... The BMW 507 '57 may be the fastest car in the straights that I have tried so far. Obviously it can't handle nearly as well as the Elise, but with the right field, driver and tune, it can win. Heck... with a lousy 6 car field... I won fairly easy with a Dodge Ram, so anything is possible in a quick match :lol:

BMW 507 '57.jpg

Thanks. I will try it out.... Although when I race quick matches, I mostly use slower cars/trucks and "try" and grind out a 3rd or fourth place finish, behind the elite cars and drivers. To me, it is far more rewarding having a good finish with a Dodge Ram/BMW 507, than winning with an Elise. Dare to be different people!

Speaking of different cars to try.... The BMW 507 '57 may be the fastest car in the straights that I have tried so far. Obviously it can't handle nearly as well as the Elise, but with the right field, driver and tune, it can win. Heck... with a lousy 6 car field... I won fairly easy with a Dodge Ram, so anything is possible in a quick match :lol:

View attachment 612333

Indeed people. try to be a bit different, and get something you don't usually pick. that's the best fun in a game with 1200 cars

Gotta try the I concept.

I have used a Daihatsu Copen '02 and the small car is pretty quick. I could outrun an elise on the straight, but it might be one with a pretty bad tune, so I'll have to run it a few races more.

I've been enjoying the 350pp QM, I've seen wedjim and a few others out there. The Daihatsu Move is fun, handles well, but I'm unable to break far into the 1:08's with it. The '68 Lotus Europa is a BLAST to drive. I'm still fiddling with it, low 1:08s are no problem but I think there is more speed in it.

I tried a Prius, but something isn't right with my settings. It pushes bad, which I've mostly fixed, but none of the speed others are showing.

What's the magic combination?

Going to try a pickup truck for fun too.

Back