Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Try the Mitsubishi i concept, load it up with ballast and leave the CVT as is. It will clear 105 mph without a draft, the grip is decent and stability seems good without moving weight around. I have left the suspensipn alone mostly other than zeroes on the camber/toe.

This set of quick match races are probably my least favorite in a while. I hope there's more touring cars and GT3 stuff to come along with bring your own car races.

I used my Elise and my new G29 setup last night, struggling immensely with the wheel. WAY off my DS3 pace and spinning out randomly with zero chance of a save.

Have to find some wheel tuning tips for the LGS (Logitech) app I downloaded.

Had some fun in a Prius, and Honda Coupe '70. Took quite awhile, but finally beat the throngs of Elise's. Cant touch the GSX/R though. I'm working on the Mitsubishi I Concept, hadn't thought to leave the CVT alone!

Last edited:
I used my Elise and my new G29 setup last night, struggling immensely with the wheel. WAY off my DS3 pace and spinning out randomly with zero chance of a save.

Have to find some wheel tuning tips for the LGS (Logitech) app I downloaded.
If the G29 works like my T500rs, and I'm pretty sure it does, then those apps only work for updating the drivers/firmware and adjusting settings for PC games. Games like GT6 provide all the FFB info like Max. Torque and Sensitivity (which are adjustable) and adjust steering rotation per car in game (although you can override rotation). Your best bet might be to ask here as I've never owned A G29: Logitech G29 / G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel

As far as your pace goes compared to Ds3, it's very common to be slower at first, I know I was. Give it time and you'll almost certainly pick up a bit of pace, but more so your consistency should improve. The biggest hurdle for me was that I was turning in too hard and scrubbing off corner speed with understeer which then lead to snap oversteer on the exit . Once I learnt to not to fight the wheel so much everything fell into place. Best of luck with it, Problems aside I don't think you'll regret the change.👍:)

About time they switched them. I've been in limbo for the last couple of weeks with none of the old batch appealing to me. It was that bad, I went back to doing endurance races in GT5 and yet another run through of The Last Of Us.

I've always had a soft spot for the 4 hour Nurb race and ran it most nights plus it's got a FGT race on 5. Why they neglected it in 6, I've no idea.

With TLOU, I've only played it on easy as I can't aim quick enough with the sticks... I'm trying to stealth my way through it now though and running like hell if I get spotted and shot at.:lol:

Have you seen the trailer for the sequel? Bring it on.

I have. Please bring it, but then there's two reasons to buy a PS4. GTS and Last of Us.

Easy? C'mon man! Especially if your doing it stealth like. Biggest difference in the difficulties is how much ammo they give you.

Don't you start. It's bad enough that my kids take the micky out of me for my total inability to aim. If it wasn't for the auto aim, I never would have finished it. Especially when you get near the end and you get the tunnel full of infected.:nervous:

I could always revisit it with the difficulty trick. Play through on easy till I'm full powered (done and done) and then do the chapters individually on survivor.

I ummed and ahhed about getting a PS4 instead of building another PC but with no games taking my fancy on the console at the moment, I've put it off till I start seeing some release dates. I've got a feeling GTS and TLOU2 will be able to take advantage of the Neo's power so it's probably better to wait for a better deal.

on the new batch, tried the Trial Mountain 600PP with the Nissan Zytek Greaves, and I got better pace with it than 6 Mazda LM55, and losing to 1 TS030 doing 1:17's I can go on 1:18's on the NIssan, so in the right hands it can be 1-2 secs faster. I'm going to try old le mans cars, like the FOrd gt mark IV, once I buy it, only 10M short.

@coryclifford , @kilesa4568 I'm also replaying TLOU, and I first played on survivor the whole game on a friends console. the game's awesome, and without the earing Aid the game feels more alive. you both should try it. Na if Kilesa does it stealthly, it sure isn't that big of a deal.

we should all play online the game if we find the time. The online is a great fun, if you like more tactical shooters, that's not a run fest

Last edited:
Looks like my PS3 has decided to stop working. No hard drive noise after installing the game disc, or my wifes work out ones, lol.

Santa is bringing a PS4, but that doesn't help me with GT6. :(

Not sure about the latest QMs - managed a few wins at Brands and Monza, not because I was particularly fast, but usually because everybody else went off at some point! Brands seems to be another of those events that rewards those that run with SRF on unfortunately.

2J seems to be dominant again at Trial Mountain, but I only managed one race there before I felt decidedly car sick - it's a bit bumpy in the sports cars!

Edit: didn’t realise that Brands has boost on - cue for the trolls to come out and do the old hanging back for a lap trick, then run around really fast knocking everybody off! :boggled:

Last edited:
on the new batch, tried the Trial Mountain 600PP with the Nissan Zytek Greaves, and I got betterr pace with it than 6 Mazda LM55, and lossing to 1 TS030 doing 1:17's I can go on 1:18's on the NIssan, so in the right hands it can be 1-2 secs faster. I'm going to try old le mans cars, like the FOrd gt mark IV, once I buy it, only 10M short.

@coryclifford , @kilesa4568 I'm also replaying TLOU, and I first played on survivor the whole game on a friends console. the game's awesome, and without the earing Aid the game feels more alive. you both should try it. Na if Kilesa does it stealthly, it sure isn't that big of a deal.

we should all play online the game if we find the time. The online is a great fun, if you like more tactical shooters, that's not a run fest
Was playing the Trial Mountain match couple of times today. It was initially fun as you see yourselves surrounded by various GT500 cars, a few LM race cars, and a few brave GT3/GT2 folks. This all started to change when the scene was joined by 2J and TS030. Before you know it, the room was left with only a few TS030 which by its nature just outrun most other cars. :grumpy: (I was struggling with my R18.)

Sigh, just did not expect this to turn out to be an one make event in the end! :banghead:

I knew Trial Mountain would be a TS030 fest with 2J being just as fast but trickier to drive. 600pp GT500 would have seen HSV on top, GT3 would be a Z4 fest. Pre 1970 would see the 330p4 ahead.

PD really needs to work on BoP for GTS.

Still unbeatable at Monza. Drive today 9 races and won it all with the Nissan. I think the 2X chappie tt has helped me. There are better drivers for sure but I have not seen them yet.

Does anyone have a suggestion for any race cars that can challenge the TS030 in the 600pp Reverse Trial Mountain quick match? Am really bored with using only 1 car to have any chance of winning.

:bowdown::sly:

Likely only the 2J but it isn't too keen on a bumpy track. I imagine you'd have to drive the wheels off it to beat any decent drivers in the Toyota.

Other than the 2J, I can only think of the Nissan Zytec.

Racing at Brands last night, average laptime of the frontrunners over a few races was about 1.35, then one guy (admittedly 1 lap behind) suddenly pulls out a 1.26!

Didn't realise that weak boost could have such a big effect.

Does anyone have a suggestion for any race cars that can challenge the TS030 in the 600pp Reverse Trial Mountain quick match? Am really bored with using only 1 car to have any chance of winning.

:bowdown::sly:

pick a car you love, and try to have some nice racing. if you can have some position fighting, it sure is way more rewarding than leading the pack. I led the pack for 6 races straight, 13 secs of advantage, and how boring it was.

Racing at Brands last night, average laptime of the frontrunners over a few races was about 1.35, then one guy (admittedly 1 lap behind) suddenly pulls out a 1.26!
Didn't realise that weak boost could have such a big effect.

even by being 3-4 turns behind you get around 1 sec faster or more

Last edited:
Use the Peugeot 905b for the Trial Mountain quick match. It has very good rotation and stable trail braking very much befits the fast sharp corners in the track. 1 18 lap time is possible, and starts to be comparable with 1 15 of TS030.

Last edited:
Looks like my PS3 has decided to stop working. No hard drive noise after installing the game disc, or my wifes work out ones, lol.

Santa is bringing a PS4, but that doesn't help me with GT6. :(

Does the system boot up to the main screen? It may need just a new hard disk or Blu-Ray drive.

I knew Trial Mountain would be a TS030 fest with 2J being just as fast but trickier to drive. 600pp GT500 would have seen HSV on top, GT3 would be a Z4 fest. Pre 1970 would see the 330p4 ahead.

PD really needs to work on BoP for GTS.

Give the Zytec some tuning time,, will it outrun the TSO30? No, not if it (the TSO30) is piloted by one of the fast tune/driving players but the Zytec, in a lobby of moderately quick players can for certain hold it's own. I'm using a GhostRider setup with some adjustments to fit my driving style, putting in some 5:18 - 5:20 total time races. It's fun to drive a different car than the TSO, be competitive - and be "in the $MONEY$" :)

I've given it half a dozen runs as well but I'm arguing with it (Zytec) in a few of the corners. À la Sébastien Loeb style. I think (know) I need a much better tune for the bumps of Trial Mountain but it's a fun car and I love the sound. A proper growl to keep you company. Best I've done is a 5.22 but I lost heart seeing people running close to 5 minutes. I've barely played the game in the last couple of weeks so I've no idea if SRF was being used or not. They were in the 13's for lap time compared to my scraped 17s.

It bugged the hell out of me seeing the Toyota harvesting the hybrid power on the right hander before the straight though. It's like you're being overtaken by a 650pp car. I dug out the Cobra Daytona and its leaf springs for a couple of races to see if I could blind them with smoke in the corners but sadly, it didn't work.:lol:

Does the system boot up to the main screen? It may need just a new hard disk or Blu-Ray drive.

Funny, but not funny story....simple fix. Wife knocked the HDMI cable out somehow using it for her workout DVD. :/

But now I have a PS4 Pro, so two options.

Hey fellas. A rare event for me but I gave the QMs a go today. Wasn't really getting into Monza so moved onto Trial Mountain. Used a de-tuned (+ ballast) C60. The last couple of races I had was with 2 TS030s and a 2J only. Ran a couple if mid to high 18s to be in the mix for a third in one race but last in the other (penalties). Stuck pretty well with the TS030s but once the dude in the 2J got going he ran the odd 16 and 17s to be clearly in front. I'm way from a fast runner, so from my point of view, the C60 seems to be competitive too.

EDIT: Used the Hybride, forgot there was another C60.....age....

Last edited:
Speaking of Trial Mountain…

image.jpeg

That's the fastest I've seen.

Back