Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Got a chance to run the Megane around Tokyo and whittled my lap times down to a 40 flat. I can tell I have the wrong setup because I have trouble keeping up on the straights. Tried to add more power but doesn't work with the setup I have.

My most used tunes were running with (anniversary) 399hp and 406hp (base model) with stage 3 engine and a lower limiter. The extra torque is much better than running with all the base car parts fitted with 412hp. I think you can get the base model up to 47kg/fm of torque but you can get the anniversary edition up to 51 if you've got one. I've run a dozen 40.0x laps in that car and kept missing out on the 39 with little mistakes.

After a hiatus due to the d-pad on my controller totally packing up, my nine year old son was messing on my profile a couple of days ago, we had the following conversation

Me; the d-pad doesn't work on that

The Boy; its OK dad, I'm using the stick

Me; . . .
Me; 💡
Me; :dunce:
Me; :banghead: I'm sure its your bed time

Spotted the new events and found the 600pp bring your own race car event at SSR5 surprisingly good fun. With about eight starters consisting of people crashing into cars, walls, brake checks, eeriely fast cars that defied the laws of physics and some who just wanted to race, I had a hoot, frustration and fun in under five minutes, makes the ten lap events in GTS look pretty appealing 💡
The Toyota Supra GT500 in 'mean green' may get hammered for at least a fortnight 👍

Me; the d-pad doesn't work on that

The Boy; its OK dad, I'm using the stick

Me; . . .
Me; 💡
Me; :dunce:
Me; :banghead: I'm sure its your bed time

:lol:

We've been talking about one last QM when the 600pp at Midfield comes around again. I think there's a few people up for it so let us know when it pops up.👍

The new Brands Hatch race is kinda interesting. The 80s layout makes the backside of the track even more tricky.

Audi A4 - Heavy nose requires maximum slow-in fast-out approach. 1:22.3 but probably the hardest car to drive here.
Audi TT - 1:21.9 after a few laps. Pretty balanced. Someone ran a 1:20.5 with it but I question whether they were valid.
M3 - No surprise it was the most forgiving to drive. 1:22 flat although it took some effort.
Astra - 1:22.3 but second hardest to drive.
CLK - 1:22 flat and I think it has a little more in it.

Lobbies were rather full and racing quality is exactly what I was expecting.

I don't do QM's very often but I had some good fun at SSR5 last night, did a few dozen races using the Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03 & Supra GT500 Base Model '05 ... I won most of the races too, beating many HSV's. Highly enjoyable stuff.

GT-R .. FL 1:16.3 and best total time 3:56.2
Supra .. FL 1:16.0 and best total time 3:54.9

I will be going back for more in a variety of cars I think. :D

Some free time from work enabled me to get some more runs in at SSR5 Wacky Races, alternating between the Supra GT500 Base and a Viper, both go well under 4 minutes though the Viper being down on power and torque to the Supra, tended to get passed on the straight by any of the GT500's close enough to get a tow out of the last turn, the Supra doesnt usually get passed by anything down the straight and both cars are ridiculous of the start line, much to the irritation of the steroid powered HSV's.
TVR Touring Car is gonna get some panel beating today

The fastest lap I've done so far at SSR5 is 1:15.8 in the 2000 Viper race car. I've only had about 10 races of practice, so there is still room for improvement.

Had a go in the HSV and its a little bit rapid, three races in and almost a second per lap faster than the Supra, 1m15.0 lap and 3m52 race time, went back to the RX7 LM and even with a 15.8 lap it felt sluggish, a guy in a HSV passed me around the outside in the tunnel (turn 1) and drove of into the distance, crashed somewhere and turned up behind me on lap 2, passed me on the inside this time dissapeared and clocked a 1m13, kept it pointing the right way for the final lap and did a 1m12.xxx :eek:, checked the replay and he didn't drop below 100mph (160kmh) through turn one

this track is just heaven for srf.
you know, that there's people, who use it very carefully while they're in sight.
Plenty use it, the 1m12 guy was 6 tenths behind me across the start/finish line, he wasn't catching me down the straight (a good final corner exit in the Mazda and it can hit 175 at the end of the straight), he had a minimum speed through the turn @ 101 while I was doing 95 :confused:, the second time he passed @ 111 on the inside !!! Still, at least he drove (rings) around me to overtake, the others tend to just attempt to literally drive through the the car in front :rolleyes:
Still a nice QM though, the Viper may become my tuning exercise for the coming week though, even with the power limiter, it sounds fantastic around here 👍:gtpflag:

I took the HSV out at SSR5 last night for a change to see what can be done, and with a clean race starting from pole I got a fast lap of 1:14.4 and best total time 3:50.1 .. lots of wins and lots of fun. :D

And I didn't need no srf to get round turn 1 at no lower than 101mph, the car sticks enough without it if you play the throttle well and keep it tight. :lol:

a guy in a HSV passed me around the outside in the tunnel (turn 1) and drove of into the distance, crashed somewhere and turned up behind me on lap 2, passed me on the inside this time dissapeared and clocked a 1m13, kept it pointing the right way for the final lap and did a 1m12.xxx :eek:, checked the replay and he didn't drop below 100mph (160kmh) through turn one
@8l23ub On the "yellow hat YMS Supra" on the Inside I'm normally at 163km/h. To 159km/h If I need to lift the trottle to avoid hitting some1. I'm with 240 front DF Perhaps at max DF it can hit a bit more. This combo is great to take alot of cars, I'm going to try the GT500 NSX's that don't get any love, and then the GT3 cars like the R8 or the GT-R. Going back to the cobra daytona, GT40 markII and other underused car.

And I love the Viper Choice :gtpflag:

aaahh, that's right. :(
Well, cobra daytona IS F, Perhaps the IS430 too. and the C5 and Camaro touring car.
the camaro doesn't get any love, and its around us since GT1

@8l23ub On the "yellow hat YMS Supra" on the Inside I'm normally at 163km/h. To 159km/h If I need to lift the trottle to avoid hitting some1. I'm with 240 front DF Perhaps at max DF it can hit a bit more. This combo is great to take alot of cars, I'm going to try the GT500 NSX's that don't get any love, and then the GT3 cars like the R8 or the GT-R. Going back to the cobra daytona, GT40 markII and other underused car.

And I love the Viper Choice :gtpflag:
The Camaro is another one I didn't think about, bet it sounds awesome 👍

Back