Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

No I wasnt. :lol:

Seriously, I've never seen it forced on in a quick match. I don't look every time, but I look before I join in a match. Usually to check for TCS 0 and ABS 1.

Sounds logical to me. If I remember correctly, you stated once or twice that SRF is not your style and I guess you haven't even been tempted to test its advantages. Thorin's case might be a more rare occasion so yes, you'd have never seen it forced on 👍.

PS
It took me hours to come to the conclusion you must be sarcastic 💡 ( thought you can't hear it anymore ) aaand ...
really, these Santa Claus caps ... :lol:

Last edited:
No I wasnt. :lol:

Seriously, I've never seen it forced on in a quick match. I don't look every time, but I look before I join in a match. Usually to check for TCS 0 and ABS 1.
Fair enough 👍.

From my experiences it happens at that point. Once you're in the match the option stays the same until you come out to the main quick match menu again. I don't ever remember it changing between races at least.

What else I've noticed is that some times the in-race options (the one that you can bring up to change BB,TCS,ABS etc. Can't remember what they call it :dopey:) will allow brake balance changes on occasion. But this usually only ever let's me change the BB for a race or two, then the option is locked at default values until I've left the match. But again, there have been times when I haven't had the option on race one either :confused:. As with the SRF thing it would also appear to be a random thing.

It is worth noting. I very rarely race in the open garage races, where tuning is allowed. So I don't know if that makes any difference :confused:.

On another topic. I've been noticing a lot recently that some of the races I join will have only a handful of entrants, then as the grid is prepared there are huge gaps in the grid. With a few in the first couple of rows, then the rest (usually 3-5 racers) spaced out at random across the other rows.

I know there can be some connection issues and sometimes we can't see everyone on track, but half the field seems a bit :odd:. I have to say the lack of communication options in quick matches make it a little harder to make sense of these things :confused:.

And yes @ROCKET JOE, these little guys always crack me up at this time of year :D:tup:, especially this guy 💡 (makes some posts mean different things for the rest of the year though :lol:).

ive never even tried with srf on, not a single meter...

imo the aim of the simulator game is to simulate reality. srf is a step from reality towards something else, arcade, winning every time, you name it, but the point is that its a deliberate step.

Two laps of Brands Hatch GP circuit with loaner supercars on SM tyres, did a couple of races, turn 1 is scary with 14 cars on the grid, had some fun in the LFA amidst the mayhem.

Hi ! At the Formula Gran Turismo Quick match I always have a black screen ! It happens to you, too, or it's just me ?

I mean I can't see he track, anything, only the race info, like someone turned off the lights on the circuit !

Hi ! At the Formula Gran Turismo Quick match I always have a black screen ! It happens to you, too, or it's just me ?

I mean I can't see he track, anything, only the race info, like someone turned off the lights on the circuit !

This might be a tough one to win… or really easy, I guess!

image.jpeg

I'm having the same problem with the suzuka races. I got another 2 consoles, and bought the game on CD. One of the consoles has an overheating issue but the other works great. I even reformatted, reinstalled, and still the same problem. Anyone have a solution for this??.

i have maximum at the front and 650 at the back.
what are optimum in your opinion?

I'm running 470 front 500 back atm, been raising the front little by little. I like keeping the back at the minimum so I have good top speed, it really pays on the straights. I tried raising the front to 500 but it was too twitchy, might have to tweak anti roll bars to see if I can make it work.

Btw, good gearing is crucial too. I find myself being significantly faster in third and fourth gear than most TS030s I come across.

Last edited:
That Brands Hatch quick race in a Viper is torture. Don't know what was I thinking today. Took 3 hours just win a race because I was being constantly outclassed and/or constantly punted off the track.

As for the Ring, well, it's the Ring so I'm slow even in a TS030. I tried low aero once and I wanted to file charges against the car for battery.

I'm running 470 front 500 back atm, been raising the front little by little. I like keeping the back at the minimum so I have good top speed, it really pays on the straights. I tried raising the front to 500 but it was too twitchy, might have to tweak anti roll bars to see if I can make it work.

Btw, good gearing is crucial too. I find myself being significantly faster in third and fourth gear than most TS030s I come across.

I'm testing max downforce up front and I've shaved 1 sec off my personal best. It's a bit faster than my previous set up, however I'm not sure I like it better, the loss of top speed makes it harder to overtake before Schwedenkreuz and at Dottinger Hohe straight.

Last edited:
Dunno why but I managed to try out all the cars in the Brands Hatch quick race. Should've happened sooner but I was having serious connection issues the past few days. Must be my PS3.

LFA: Honestly don't remember much about it other than it has decent speed. Hard to launch at start, though, so good luck avoiding getting noobed off the track.
458: OP, OP, OP. Felt bad when I was one-on-one with someone in a Mclaren because they had no chance to defend cleanly. Speaking of which...
MP-4: A really nice car to drive in turns but so slow down the straights. Hope you've brushed up on defending skills.
Gallardo: Similar issue like the MP-4 but not quite as bad.
Ford GT: A little more understeer than I expected. Manage that and she's okay.
Viper - I was not liking its brakes and handling but it did feel fast down a straight.
TZ3 Stradale: Feels like the worst by a wide margin.
GT-R: Drives great but not that fast. The weapon of choice for rammers and trolls due to its size and passing everyone at the start
Corvette: Feels like the best all-rounder.
SLS: Continues being a personal favorite for being a precise machine. If only if it had more power...

And yes, I've won using each car. Somehow.

I couldn't connect at all yesterday, nor could a couple friends.

Good assessment of the cars and seems about right. I tended to use the Corvette. The Ferrari seemed to be the go to car for most.

Not really because of all the complaining and poor driving has no appeal to me, nor does the entrance fee. New PS4 Pro, new wheel or adapter thing for the G27, new game AND a PSN subscription... GT6 seems to be as alive as it ever was lately.

I couldn't connect at all yesterday, nor could a couple friends.

Good assessment of the cars and seems about right. I tended to use the Corvette. The Ferrari seemed to be the go to car for most.
Kinda wish they would just dump the 488 from the lineup but doubt that will happen.
The Corvette seems to become one of my favorite cars in GT Sport too.
A Happy New Year, guys. Are you plannung to move over some time soon :) ?
Like cory mentioned, too much upfront cost. Then again, I do want to get into GT Sport just to see how my skills stack up against the best. Hopefully, they haven't fallen off a cliff compared to all the new names.

@coryclifford, @outlaw4rc

The get-started-costs are a bit of course, I see - it's way easier when you've got kids who trigger you for weeks to finally buy that stuff ;).

My first experiences have been horror - myself being unsure about cars and physics and all ... mixed up with 1.5 million hyped morons on track.
It got better however and I had a couple of races now that have been as enjoyable as the QMs were.
The ongoing complaining and especially overrating of driver and sportsmanship classes actually annoy me too.
As for the competition, it's a huge player base atm I think, with a 'whole heck of a heap' :lol: new really fast guys ( at least I think they're new, some may just have new accounts though ). The overall top pace hasn't increased imo, old names just mix up with new ones, and my gap to them is like it ever was, even a bit smaller sometimes 👍.

Hope to see you, mates :cheers:.

PS
I'm sure both of you'd be doing mighty good there and ...
there's no better place to be for tailgaters as you can smell the sweat of that guy ahead afraid of losing SR :D ...

Last edited:
...mixed up with 1.5 million hyped morons on track.
It got better however and I had a couple of races now that have been as enjoyable as the QMs were.
The ongoing complaining and especially overrating of driver and sportsmanship classes actually annoy me too.

First race I do with all SR:A's for competition, I still get torpedoed in a corner. No braking, not even trying to corner, just hitting me midships. I was so p'd off, I signed off on the spot and went back to gt6. So SR doesn't seem to work all that well... On the DR, until now I haven't met any player I know. I started later so I'm lagging a bit. And I miss them
So yeah, I agree, all that rating is overrated. But they had to try something, in the QM's there were plenty morons too

Back