Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

4-5 seconds quicker using SRF means I hop races a hell of a lot on that quick match only to find the next race has someone using it as well.

I just can't comprehend what a person gets out of cheating in an online game. Sure they get a win but it's such a shallow victory that it's worthless to anyone but them. I would hate to be known as a cheat but they obviously don't mind. Spineless low life's.

It's got that bad in the last couple of months, I've built myself a gaming PC and started to look for greener grass elsewhere.
Guy at Willow Springs today was running laps 2 seconds quicker than me, obviously running SRF - he won every race by a huge margin, don't see what pleasure he gets out of it.

It's hardly racing....

Was at Fuji last night until I saw the way wide line some losers take. Pretty pathetic.

Thanks for the warning. Nobody was doing that the last time I played so forewarned is forearmed when I go on later. I kind of like the Rome event so I've got something to fall back on for some closer racing.

Guy at Willow Springs today was running laps 2 seconds quicker than me, obviously running SRF - he won every race by a huge margin, don't see what pleasure he gets out of it.

It's hardly racing....

Pure laziness. Cheating to an advantage and not have to battle anyone. What's the point if you're not getting sweaty palms and a 50% increase in heart race. Looks at @coryclifford. I have to have an inhaler handy when you jump into the same race.🤬:D

Was at Fuji last night until I saw the way wide line some losers take. Pretty pathetic.

Agreed, but I find the racing entertaining anyway. I drive 'right' when possible there, but sometimes when running in heavy traffic you just KNOW the dude behind is going to dive bomb the low line, use you as a brake, give you a penalty, and roll the next straightaway while you ghost out and lose spots. Defending the low line is the only option, so the corner exit is, uh, wide.

In rooms with decent racers it's been a blast, people stick to the track limits mostly and the cars are nicely competitive.

Willow is where it's at. You mess up there and there's trouble. No shortcuts or nothing like that. Clean and fast or you lose. I like that. Even the loser rammers get theirs.
I agree - the rammers get nowhere fast here! It's even easy to avoid those that wait a lap and then try and have you off.

I notice that if cars try and shortcut the chicane, not only do they get a penalty, they get put back to the beginning of the chicane.....

Had a heap of Fuji races over the weekend,
yeah there were the SRF cheats, but didn't really care, had great fun races with 2,3 and even 4 other excellent drivers, all different cars and all with wins (for 2nd or 3rd behind the SRF guys) no corner cutting, no dirty rammers (a little rubbing of doors or bumpers here and there to let them know you're there)

Mid 13s are easy enough.
Oke , I made most of the times 1:14 laps, With a very good lap sometimes a 1:13. Using the the BMW.

You use the Corvet? I think the Z3 is faster in the corners but the corvet is faster on the straight?

I got a few races in at Willow last night (Z4) and missed 13's half a dozen times through the last turn off the Balcony. 14.0 and change a frustrating amount of times. That corner is a 🤬 to get the power down out of it. It's always been my bogey corner.

It's a good car/track combo but it just isn't busy enough. Stale old Fuji is getting all the traffic but there's a lot of "sighs" at the chicane cutting wide runners. Knobs.

I have noticed that at Fuji some appear to be 4-5 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else. Is this because they are using SRF? If so how can you tell who is using it? I have watched replays and I cannot see anything that shows who is using SRF?

I have noticed that at Fuji some appear to be 4-5 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else. Is this because they are using SRF? If so how can you tell who is using it? I have watched replays and I cannot see anything that shows who is using SRF?

Yes i think that is the problem. Bad news: sometimes you have SRF and sometimes not. I think its 50-50% change.

On fuji its a huge improve if you have it on, Was also a year ago with the proto types QM there.

Yes i think that is the problem. Bad news: sometimes you have SRF and sometimes not. I think its 50-50% change.

On fuji its a huge improve if you have it on, Was also a year ago with the proto types QM there.

Ok thanks, don't understand why people would do that. Still quite enjoying the Fuji races, you do get some muppets but also some good fair racers which make for some fun racing.

Ok thanks, don't understand why people would do that. Still quite enjoying the Fuji races, you do get some muppets but also some good fair racers which make for some fun racing.
If it is on you cant take it off. Or all on or all off, but that is to hard for PD.....

the willow gt3 quickie is pretty great. Using the R35 Schulze, so far I've been getting top places. Usually run super low 1.15's ,and 1.14's. I notice advantage on the straights agaisnt the other gt3's

It's a good car/track combo but it just isn't busy enough. Stale old Fuji is getting all the traffic but there's a lot of "sighs" at the chicane cutting wide runners. Knobs.

I think the reason it's so quiet is that you can only win by driving well. There are no short-cuts, no walls to bounce off. If you play dirty you're likely to go off at some point, and it can take a very long time to get back on track. No fun for the nutters so they're all at Fuji. You might not get many opponents but they will be classier.

Indeed. On the 20 races I did, I cought one racer that wasn't on the same tune that us, and tried to uses us as a wall to wallride, after a few corners went off bounds, and never caught on.

So far I had some of the bast bumper to bumper action on quick matches so far. And all of us trying to avert crashes and mistakes. Its a race years ahead of rome, on the red bull. That track is awful for the red bulls.

Total garbage.

Ignore Kossie. He knows damn well that turning SRF on in his career mode is the only possible way of seeing SRF in non SRF quick matches. It's an old bug that some people still choose to cheat with and the fact he's still seeing it 50% of the time means he still prefers an unfair advantage over everyone not using it.

The original SRF bug thread is here.

Feel free to test it yourself but with races like Fuji, you'll have a virtual neon SRF sign over your car and everyone who knows how to get a car round the track will know that those SRF lap times you're setting simply aren't possible.

I think the reason it's so quiet is that you can only win by driving well. There are no short-cuts, no walls to bounce off. If you play dirty you're likely to go off at some point, and it can take a very long time to get back on track. No fun for the nutters so they're all at Fuji. You might not get many opponents but they will be classier.

Can't argue there but my attention span shrinks when I've only got 2 or 3 people race after race. If I don't see a few more people within half an hour, it turns into glorified time trialing and my eyes glaze over. I keep trying it but I just don't seem to time it right.

Can't argue there but my attention span shrinks when I've only got 2 or 3 people race after race. If I don't see a few more people within half an hour, it turns into glorified time trialing and my eyes glaze over. I keep trying it but I just don't seem to time it right.

Yeah, I've had that too. I've had races where I haven't seen anyone after the first corner. But I've also had races with half a dozen cars all within a couple of seconds of each other, jockeying for position for the whole race. It doesn't get much better than that.

turning SRF on in his career mode is the only possible way of seeing SRF in non SRF quick matches. It's an old bug that some people still choose to cheat with
I only ever thought about those kind of settings after joining GTP. I'm sure loads of people just have SRF turned on in their career mode options & have no idea that there are people on the Internet calling them cheaters.

If they're a quick match regular and I see them using it against me, they get a polite PM telling them all about it. I've sent dozens and more often than not, I don't see them using it again. A lot of them even sent FR's.:P

I'm not talking about the people who regularly finish behind me though. If they're using it and can't keep up with me, they obviously need it. One day, they may not need it and they may qualify for a PM...

Luckily, it's a tiny minority who use it but if they're a regular, they can trash a race in a single run. They're the people I'm specifically talking about and they sure as hell know about the bug. Seriously annoying people.

Probably old news, but The Love Bug happened to be on TV this afternoon, and I noticed that the track at which Herbie wins his first race is Willow Springs (although it's called Jack rabbit Springs in the film).

Strangely, although they're racing in the traditional clockwise way, the cars enter the pits from the anticlockwise direction!

If the quick match specifies SRF is turned off, it's supposed to be turned off for everyone. I never use SRF and judging by the majority of peoples lap times in QM's, they don't either. Long story short, it's a bug that a select few are taking advantage of.

To be honest with you, if it was turned on for everyone, I would have dropped GT6 a long time ago. I enjoy my driving too much to let SRF ruin it.

Willow with RH tyres on these cars is rubbish.
you just keep your foot flat to the floor and turn the wheel.

After everyone else left the room I was stuck in matching for a while, so I lapped the infield "track" for 10 minutes in the SLS. was a lot more fun than the racing on Bitumen

upload_2017-1-31_9-4-45.png

Probably old news, but The Love Bug happened to be on TV this afternoon, and I noticed that the track at which Herbie wins his first race is Willow Springs (although it's called Jack rabbit Springs in the film).

Strangely, although they're racing in the traditional clockwise way, the cars enter the pits from the anticlockwise direction!

upload_2017-1-31_8-59-57.png

Back