Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Who says QM's can't be great racing.

Didn't touch each other once in 5+ races, gave racing room if that extra inch was needed.View attachment 624738 View attachment 624739
A great example of what people who race ''offline only'' don't understand. In racing you don't actually ''race'' with many other cars, only the ones the same pace as yourself. I never get the same enjoyment racing a full grid of Bob's in comparison to racing just one like-minded human opponent of approximately the same speed as myself. I've spent many hours racing only one or two others like your example and had an absolute blast. Looking forward to Quick Match on steroids (GT Sport).

Hi FPV MIC, glad you enjoy your online event experience. For me it's a different story.

At Fudji, started on 10th place, after the first lap, I did manage to get on the 6th place. At the fisrt corner, got hit from behind, lost two places, after two laps I was on 6th place, again!!

Move to the 3rd place (clean driving) got the fastest lap, then the chaos begin, been hit from behind, bump, push off the track and so on. After fourth laps, was back in 8th place. Left the room, grrrr!!!

The same story keep happening all the time, I hate that kind of driving!

My best online experience is in a private lobby with friends, pure adrenaline!!

I barely do the QM's any more and generally only race at the weekend but I seem to have developed a bit of a sadistic side where I enjoy those sorts of races. Trying to pre-empt any dodgy moves they may try and pull on me. Embarrassing people like that is often much more rewarding than going for a win (for me) so for entertainment purposes, I like to pause on the grid, drop to the back and try and find them.:D

My favourite has got to be gambling with a known brake checker. Diving off line as they do it and flying past them. Dive bombers see me slam the door in their face and with the cars angle big enough to cause ghosting, I take the corner while they fly off track. A bit of handbrake helps if you're going in hot but get the angle wide enough, there's no chance of them hitting you. Side swiper's only need a tap on the brakes to swap lines as well.

Hi FPV MIC, glad you enjoy your online event experience. For me it's a different story.

At Fudji, started on 10th place, after the first lap, I did manage to get on the 6th place. At the fisrt corner, got hit from behind, lost two places, after two laps I was on 6th place, again!!

Move to the 3rd place (clean driving) got the fastest lap, then the chaos begin, been hit from behind, bump, push off the track and so on. After fourth laps, was back in 8th place. Left the room, grrrr!!!

The same story keep happening all the time, I hate that kind of driving!

My best online experience is in a private lobby with friends, pure adrenaline!!
G'day sync, For sure, the best racing is privately with your select group of friends, followed by hosting a public lobby (the ''kick'' button is my friend), and QM can be a crapshoot, but it also can be great fun. Certain car/track combo's are definitely more suited than others, GT3's at Bathurst, Gt3's at Midfield, and 500pp at Rome had some great racing, even some of the Boost events weren't too bad, the 350pp at Autumn Ring was a stand out event. I read this thread before I even enter any of the QM's to find out which events have the best quality racing, and from what you, and others have said, Fuji is probably the worst out of this bunch, but as @Robbks has said, great racing can still be found there sometimes. Luck of the draw/timezone really, same as most racing games lobbies. I haven't raced this new batch yet due to wheel issues, but I think/hope I've got that sorted now, so based on this thread I'll be hitting Big Willow next week.:scared::)
My thoughts exactly. And the driver rating system should sort out the dirty drivers pretty quickly.
I'll be starting on my secondary profile to test the waters, then after a patch or two start on my primary.;)

Been hammering away at R246 after I realized it's modern Prototypes, not Historical. Days spent in the Toyota. Got in the Nissan and easily dropped well over a second per lap.

Would you say low 12's are possible at Willow? Had a couple of races there this afternoon and saw someone running them consistently in the Z4. I couldn't tell from the replay if it was a kosher time or not though.

My thoughts exactly. And the driver rating system should sort out the dirty drivers pretty quickly.

That would be a relief. For sure!
I currently don't race much but when I do, it's such a pain dealing with filthy drivers using you to brake and what not.

hi 2 all racing brotherhood!
n00b 4 this game, been given steering wheel and ps3 by friend.

can anyone explain how one guy manages 1.25.x in QuickStart in Tokyo?

what's your best times?

2X at Monza 👍 Making 1:24 lap times with this beast.
Even the ''cheaters'' cant past me here :lol:

Last edited:
He said Monza. 👍

Tokyo R246 is gone. I ran a few 26s there. That person was either super super super fast, or using the SRF hack and fast. I'll guess the latter.

sry, just saw it changed to monza, nice track.
what is, in your opinion, the fastest 700pp? What tune?

P.s. didnt know there is cheats for gt6.

sry, just saw it changed to monza, nice track.
what is, in your opinion, the fastest 700pp? What tune?

P.s. didnt know there is cheats for gt6.
There are no cheats per se but there is a bug which enables people to use Skid Recovery Force (SRF) in Quick Matches that are supposed to be non-SRF.

I think the Chaparral 2X, one of the VisionGT cars, is the fastest at 700pp but it doesn't feel like any "real" car.

Also, spelling and grammar are mentioned in the rules of this website so typing "sorry" instead of "sry" is much preferred. Capital letters are important here too. It sounds fussy at first but it makes the site easier to read & generally improves the all round posting quality. 👍

There are no cheats per se but there is a bug which enables people to use Skid Recovery Force (SRF) in Quick Matches that are supposed to be non-SRF.

I think the Chaparral 2X, one of the VisionGT cars, is the fastest at 700pp but it doesn't feel like any "real" car.

Also, spelling and grammar are mentioned in the rules of this website so typing "sorry" instead of "sry" is much preferred. Capital letters are important here too. It sounds fussy at first but it makes the site easier to read & generally improves the all round posting quality. 👍
Got it, thanks for bothering to explain.

Thursday 9 February 2017
Courtesy Car: Indy Road Course supercars
Courtesy Car: Chamonix snow rally
Courtesy Car: Bathurst GT500
700pp Garage: Monza

700pp Garage: Monza
Audi R8 (Audi Playstation Oreca) is 950kg and 1013bhp with oil change. Maximum downforce or just a few points less at the rear. Traction control 1 and braking before the obvious visual markers. Keep an ultra tight line right from the start of Curve Grande. Save your replays because that GT4 livery in decent resolution provides solid nostalgia. 👍

LaunderedKarma had a solid run with Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 but I don't know what setup was used.

Yeah, Chap 2X most likely. Pescalaro Hybride and Peugeot 905 would be other pretty fast candidates. 2J maybe? Mazda VGT?
2X for sure, But you must be used to the car, I think i drive 25 races and won it all(if i got not rammed). Drive a 1:23.7 lap today.

That tt a time ago helps me alot. The second fastest car is the Pesca i think.

I got very lucky last night and didn't see a single person using it but I imagine the lack of grip will appeal to their overpowering sense of laziness and they'll crawl out from under their rock.

As soon as I see someone using it, I'll let you know what sort of times they get so you can look out for them.

I got very lucky last night and didn't see a single person using it but I imagine the lack of grip will appeal to their overpowering sense of laziness and they'll crawl out from under their rock.

As soon as I see someone using it, I'll let you know what sort of times they get so you can look out for them.
I've seen them, and over such a long lap it makes a big difference to the time.......

Why is there still glitched SRF in these? If PD want it available, just enable it the same way as ABS. Fixing it only needs 1 bit somewhere to be locked in during the event. Should be easy, either way.

I've seen them, and over such a long lap it makes a big difference to the time.......

Any chance of you letting me know their times? I've spent 4 hours lapping Bathurst and seen nothing unusual...well, apart from me still winning most of the races and having the quickest time I've seen so far of 6.07.5 and 2.00.5 and that's about my limit. Perhaps they're into the tuned QM instead but that's fine by me. I'm not visiting that one.:P

Why is there still glitched SRF in these? If PD want it available, just enable it the same way as ABS. Fixing it only needs 1 bit somewhere to be locked in during the event. Should be easy, either way.

I was told the code was locked down and never getting touched again but you'd think they'd have dragged it out to fix such a simple but annoying bug. Ignore career mode driver options on connection (it has to be looking them up) and give everyone default QM settings when you connect. Job done.

How can you determine if someone is using the SRF cheat? I only say as I raced three French guys last night who were wall riding and ramming people out of the way into the cutting (up the hill, double left 2nd gear) and turning 1:59s. They got past me at the start before turn 1 on acceleration and/or pulled away up the straight to turn 2. They could be just super quick and bad racers....hard to know as the general racecraft on GT6 QM is appalling.
I've got replays where guys are almost sideways across the top of the mountain and stay in the throttle and keep going forwards without spinning. But they are slow - without fail these guys are incapable of sub 2:05 laps - I find 2:02 - 2:05 will win you most races if you can clear the dodgems on the first lap.
Also what's with the penalty on turn 1 when your car is rammed from behind and you end up with the penalty?

I'm getting close to sub 2 minute laps and have to balance the throttle from the Cutting all the way up to the turn before Skyline as the rear is constantly trying to swap ends. If they're taking it full throttle, it's more than likely they're using SRF. If they're smacking barriers as well, I'd say it's very likely as they're making the time back with the extra grip elsewhere. Unless they're short cutting the Chase... I've seen people attempt it but never successfully so I've got no replays showing how effective it is.

The game must think you're brake checking into turn one with the penalties but the game assumes the people behind you know how to drive and doesn't take into consideration that some people treat the hole shot as its own race.:rolleyes: I always avoid them (unless I've got a front row start...) by hanging back, picking through the turn one carnage and look for the run up to Griffins Bend instead. I've even paused on the front row of the grid (rough racers in the room) to drop to the back and still end up in the top 3 going down Mountain Straight.

Latest Posts

Back