Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

United States
Kentucky
barrett5
BarrettMopar
Updated with the final events.
KIMG1872.JPG

Last edited:
Same thing I've been saying. I quit looking at quick match because it was "choose your losing ride" style.

I do have to say though, last night there were some people that very obviously had hacked cars or were using some sort of launch trick. We started the race and on 3 separate occasions the last place or second from last place car came FLYING past everybody (we're talking at least 50mph faster than everybody else) into the first corner. The cars were flashing (signifying they had been penalized for ramming) but were so much faster they still stayed in first. Twice I was able to pass them, but one time they got up front and stayed up there.

The Spoon S2000 was pretty competitive in the 500pp event. I was doing low 1:53's with it and the Shelby Daytona was coming in around 1:55 but those were the only two cars I tried.

Both very good with a grid start but the Shelby was especially good. It's short on HP (285 if I remember right) but has 350ft/lb of torque. Tree the light and you're in front by the time you get to the slight left hander before the hairpin.

So the Sportscar battle at Tsukuba, that is a loner car only race right?

It offered me a courtesy car when I tried to join. But, I only have slower 425pp cars, that is all I race.

BTW, I loved the (money from the) 350pp race they had up before. I was able to buy the Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT '62. It is street legal and does pretty well at 425pp.

Last edited:
The Spoon S2000 was pretty competitive in the 500pp event. I was doing low 1:53's with it and the Shelby Daytona was coming in around 1:55 but those were the only two cars I tried.
Both very good with a grid start but the Shelby was especially good. It's short on HP (285 if I remember right) but has 350ft/lb of torque. Tree the light and you're in front by the time you get to the slight left hander before the hairpin.

The Spoon and the S2000LM seem to be the rabbits here. I've got the XJ down to 1:54 but the Spoons are untouchable.

I think you mean the
Opera Performance S2000 '04

They were the only cars (Spoon and Shelby) I'd tried at that time.

Since discovered the Opera S2000 and run my quickest times in it.

How do you get a TS030 to 500PP? Maybe with a million miles on it.

Worst cheating violation I have ever seen last night. Guy swapped cars LIVE on the participants list. I mean he was in one car and it immediately flashed over to a completely different car. Crazy.

I don't know how you can enter races in cars that are almost guaranteed the win. Sure, you can go for lap times (I do it myself sometimes) but winning all of the time is seriously boring.

Quick match being quick match though, you'll always have people whoring the best cars. I don't mean any offence in that you've got a car that can be exploited in a class much lower than it should be driven in as I know there'll always be better cars than others. It's just a bit annoying turning up for some racing and trying to get a first out of all the other cars.

It sounds like I swapped over to the 550pp High Speed Ring in the nick of time anyway. Loads of competitive cars and all the slipstreaming evens the field a lot.

The Vauxhall Super Touring Car is ruling the world now. So badly I caved in and bought one too. But I only run about 2 or 3 races then roll out. Some of those guys park in those rooms and just grind souls up for fun I guess.

I was in a race where a TS030 entered, at the start the cars bottled up behind him and I and it got ugly, he got sideways bad. I motored off and had an 8 second lead in my Opera S2000. Then final lap here he comes, so I just moved over. I did have more straightway speed, but couldnt make up what was lost in the last few turns.

I was running 1:52.xx.

I tried to get one down, won't go below 507pp. So I wrenched on my Opera car more and got into the mid 1:51's.

Now it's getting a little boring, so I'm trying the S2000 race cars, which have more weight and downforce. Also the RX7 race cars, same deal. Easier to drive, slower lap times.

Still my fav QM.

It seems like the QM at Grand Valley is the most popular. I haven't even ran the other three yet. Has anyone found a standout car for the other events?

It seems like the QM at Grand Valley is the most popular. I haven't even ran the other three yet. Has anyone found a standout car for the other events?

My impression (based on the number of races listed) is that the High Speed Ring and Tsukuba are the most popular? Maybe I'm missing something. For the HSR battle I'm using my 'school bus'-a yellow Infiniti FX45. I can finish in the top 3 depending on competition, can't match the top speed of the Nardo and a couple others but the traction and acceleration I get at the start is phenomenal.

For the Tsukuba race I've seen just about everything be competitive. Won in the BMW, RX7, Lotus. Best lap times I've seen were in the Tesla, but I haven't driven it yet.

I'm surprised these events aren't more popular, getting +/- 700,000 credits for a win in a crowded room is both fun and lucrative....

The HSC 03 or 04 and the Enzo Ferrari seem like the fastest and most consistent cars to me at the ring. Even against some of the boneheads using GSX-R4's as usual.

The other two use loaner cars, so who cares. I tried them and the Sukuba one is ok, the rally one is only fun if you like smashing into each other, poor driving, cars with no steering and rally racing with no jumps on a big parking lot.

I was running 1:52.xx.

I tried to get one down, won't go below 507pp. So I wrenched on my Opera car more and got into the mid 1:51's

I wish you'd share your tune. I can only get down to 1:55 on the Opera, but I'm on a DS3, which already puts me in the hole (as I've always stated, wheels are a "5 second advantage")

RX-7 at Tsukaba.

Wedjim, I wonder if that was me? I'm EeePee online. I haven't seen another TS030 yet and I was pretty dang lit up last night and spun in every race. :lol:

The TS030 at 500 is 100% cheater level car. Not the fastest in a straight line, if the S2000s have something to say but, it cannot be touched in the corners. Inside line, or an outside line. Doesn't matter.

And yes, the Rally cars at the A1 Ring is a total smasher with dopes driving, unless you get out front.

Last edited:
Out of the two tuner events, the High Speed Ring seems to be the most popular if the 6 lit up people icons on the main quick match page are anything to go by. It barely ever drops below 5 while the 500pp seems to be stuck on 1. I usually get straight into the 500pp but the 550pp always takes a few attempts. Habitual cache cleaner so I can only assume it's due to how busy it is.

When it comes to the go to cars on the 550pp, if you get one that can do 3:30 without drafting, it'll compete with any of the big guns with it. My go to cars are the Ferrari GTO, Esprit 350, M3 CSL and GTR, Nouvari (or whatever it's called) Quattro, Tokyo Concept GTR and LFA Nurburgring package.

I wish you'd share your tune. I can only get down to 1:55 on the Opera, but I'm on a DS3, which already puts me in the hole (as I've always stated, wheels are a "5 second advantage")

I don't know where I got the tune from for the Opera (likely a Praiano tune so all credit to him) but this is the one I've been using to get into the 1:50s. I use the DS3 as well as an auto box so the 5 second advantage with a wheel is a fallacy.

Opera S2000

No oil change 315HP and 207ftlb 920KG

Suspension 90/80
Spring 11.8/14.7
Dampers Compression 3/1
Dampers Ext 2/2
Roll Bars 7/7
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.08/.08
Brakes 6/4

Trans Custom

Initial final 2500/Speed 143