Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Most annoying with these races are the - break test - that some clowns perform. With a lack of speed around the track they **** you up while slipstreaming and hitting the breaks... Can't imagine how it would make you feel better, winning races like that.

Most annoying with these races are the - break test - that some clowns perform. With a lack of speed around the track they **** you up while slipstreaming and hitting the breaks... Can't imagine how it would make you feel better, winning races like that.
I just leave the room straight away when they do that, in the hope that it makes them feel bad. I doubt that it does though, sadly......

What times are you guys running at Bathurst (GT500)?

I am pretty consistent with 2:01 and 2:00's... once of a sudden I pulled out a 1:59,3 without SRT. Not sure where that came from. With the low 2's there's not a lot of competition at the times I race.

Probably the lowest tactic anyone can resort to. Pathetic really. Once they've done it to me, I never directly slip stream them again but weaving to get small bites of the draft is almost as effective.

As for lap time, I'm consistently low 00's. 59.3 is seriously quick.👍

If it's mainly Europeans using SRF, that's probably why I haven't had as much trouble. I've played early and late and I get mostly Pacific Rim people. Could be how QR's are set up on the server end.

I don't know if the QR can be configured the same way in a lobby but I might try that sometime. In the meantime, I'll stick my nose out there during weekends. The times when I meet someone good shows my racecraft skills is still rusty.

GT-R times, I ran a 59.490 one lap and a 59.485 the next. I want to break a 58 anything but I don't know where I can squeeze the extra time. Before anyone gets discouraged, took me about four weekends to get there. Got lucky I had someone else's lap I could review early and I picked up even more by driving the HSV.

When they have a QM that really grabs me, like the recent(ish) Deep Forest or the Mazda Roadster one make race, I'd merge into other peoples time zones with a bad case of "one last race syndrome" and leave the usual European SRFers behind. I'd still see one or two from your neck of the woods but it was a lot easier to avoid them compared to how it is at my usual racing time. I swear those SRFers home in on me and grind me down enough to turn the game off early.

I guess changing my race time is the only way of trying to avoid them but it's kind of traditional playing when I do and it also means I miss out on racing a lot of people I enjoy racing against.

Way off topic but I think I've found a game on the PC I can put some time into. Dirt Rally. Looks incredible with max graphics, great physics and the sound...oh, the sound.:drool: Bloody hard though. I just need to find a game for track racing now.

1:58.959 with the GT-R. Required a lot of bravery but I finally got it. :D

No good races although I saw the strangest thing. Basically saw a car getting launched 25 feet up into the air soon after the start.

Cars get launched in the air from time to time, always dreaming of different view point in that moment ;)

I'm quite new to GT6, and still wonderfull experience. Cutters, brakecheckers, SRF users do not bother me at all. Competition all that matters.

1.25.5 at Monza via Pescarolo C60 is my limit, yet...

Heading towards 1.24.999

1:58.959 with the GT-R. Required a lot of bravery but I finally got it. :D

Typical. I get my first 59 (.995) and you go and move the goalposts.:ill::lol: Very nice time.👍

Had a go with the GTR last night and found I was more consistent for the low 00's but for my last couple of races, I swapped back to the HSV and it felt like the car weighed 100kg less and had even sharper handling. It gave me the confidence to push just that little bit harder so I'm going to use the GTR to warm up with from now on.

Typical. I get my first 59 (.995) and you go and move the goalposts.:ill::lol: Very nice time.👍

Had a go with the GTR last night and found I was more consistent for the low 00's but for my last couple of races, I swapped back to the HSV and it felt like the car weighed 100kg less and had even sharper handling. It gave me the confidence to push just that little bit harder so I'm going to use the GTR to warm up with from now on.
Exactly. The HSV lacks the GT-R's power but it's easier to turn. It's the best car through Sector 2 because you can keep the speed up with only a small amount of throttle management. With the GT-R and Lexis, you're driving with the right foot as much as with the wheel.

Dove into the Monza races with... the Deltawing. Wanted to see if there was any possible way to not get run over. That would be an emphatic no. :lol:

Then I tried the Panoz Esperante but couldn't add enough PP to be competitive. Finally, I gave the TS020 a whirl and squeezed out a 1:27.2 with my limited tuning knowledge. I bet I could go faster with a different car but I'm not really feeling this quick match.

Because of the braking points, especially first corner, it is a mess each time if 8+ cars on the start line.
Monza is very charming =)

I slapped together a Pescarolo C60 tune too, and the thing flies! Saw my first :24 in it. It's also pretty sensitive to each adjustment, which can be good or bad. One click and it's not the same car. 972 hp is faster than the laser cars (it seems) and it usually brings out all the shortcut cheaters out of frustration. Good stuff.

I pulled off a 1:25.2 on the C60 with a tune someone gave me. The 1:24 is there but I tend to struggle with superfast cars with racing tires.

Also, got the GT-R at Bathurst down to a 58.7 but you'll need to ask a resident alien to hit a 57 for you.

Peugeot 905 Evo 1 can scoot pretty good. High turbo and 98.1%. Not 972 hp of the Pescarolo, but the Peugeot weighs only 750 kg instead of 900 and has a slightly better power to weight ratio. Its peak power is way up top so a little transmission flip tune really helps. The car was fastest at the most recent La Sarthe time trial.

Good bye Monza, you were lovely and hello Mid-Field!
Done couple of 57's with Mazda 787B.
Share your laptimes!

Had 4 races using the 905 and couldn't get anything lower than 1.01. Missed most apexes but even with a good run, I doubt I could get below a 59 with it.

I was in a race with someone who used the Minolta and they were easily doing 56's and on the cusp of 55's.

Not that far off with 01's then. I noticed the torque but with the long fast bends at Midfield, I figured the lack of weight would offset it.

Maybe they've got the BoP wrong if the Mazda can run 57's and Minolta doing close to 55.

I'm new to GT6, but it is my second QM event on Mid-Field, so I'm not new to this track (second time lol).
I did 0.57.5 with 787B pretty constant, but my limit is near. Have seen dedenonnenbourg (fr) hit close to 55.9 with same car, I'm saving replays with this guy, analyzing them, trying his braking points, trying to achieve his speeds in the corners - not possible for me...

Now will try Toyota see what it can do.

Also today seen MEP-CHAMP (ger) hiting 0.56 with Mercedes.

I think when we speak about such fast times, it is really much more up to hands, rather than the tools.

Well guys, took Peugeot 905B, second race in my life on this car, 58.2, with huuge mistakes :))
Very lovely car, so stable, I expected it to be floppy, it's locomotive!

You should know that the two people you've mentioned regularly run with SRF turned on.

58.2 with huge mistakes in the 905? SRF time maybe? My time (and cory's) is with SRF turned off. ie how it's supposed to be but then we know that turning SRF off in our career mode deactivates the glitch that gives a few quick match participants a huge edge over everyone else.

...or I'm completely wrong and you're an alien. Apologies in advance if so.

Figured as much. Guaranteed to drag more SRF users out when the QM has less grip. I haven't tried the Brands QM yet but I figure with it being FF car, it'll get its fair share as well.

Oh, and apparently, some of the Ferrari 458's are 4-5 seconds a lap faster too. I think it was a blue one but being (very) colour blind, you'll have to use your imagination on it's real colour. It was brilliant in the corners so make sure you pick the right colour...:lol:

Back