Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Pretty much, just that. After enough driving it becomes fairly, somewhat, kind of obvious the person driving isn't exactly the only "person" who's driving, there's some computer helping. Making the nearly impossible, possible, and fast.

It does seem kind of rare on Midfield, maybe because it doesn't help too much except in the long left hander, but even then, take a decent enough line and... well I can't see how it would help much. Though I question those that are burning up the outside front tire around there...

Wanted to say, that using srf require skill as well, at mid-field most of srf users can apply it to rare corners (long left is my favorite to determine srf user), but some people go 55.8 sec, considering fastest time without srf is around 57 sec, so the difference is noticeable.

Srf users do not bother me at all, in fact i like them, it is like racing with some very very fast drivers, good excercise.

Wanted to say, that using srf require skill as well, at mid-field most of srf users can apply it to rare corners (long left is my favorite to determine srf user), but some people go 55.8 sec, considering fastest time without srf is around 57 sec, so the difference is noticeable.

Srf users do not bother me at all, in fact i like them, it is like racing with some very very fast drivers, good excercise.
It's difficult to race with them if they're 2.5 seconds a lap quicker, as is the case at Cape Ring! Having said that, there are some great races to be had behind them amongst the non-SRF racers........

@Depo
if you have it on, once you enter a quick race, on the driving options, you will have SRF appearing, greyed out, with on. if you have it off on career mode, it won't appear at all.

And about the midfield, i think its more users not used to the Group C, rather than SRF. i raced a dozen there, and around 20% had a nice pace.

@dogmarsss

After reading the last couple of pages and times that people have been putting up, I want to sincerely apologize for insinuating that you were cheating with SRF. I sounded like a complete dick and had my head in my arse as I was basing suspicious times off what I was doing with my own times...after a couple of nights of races...in cars I never drive ...with too much power for my lowly talent....

I don't usually jump to such big conclusions but it seems I was way off the mark on this. Sorry again.

i've been called much worse on the internet :)) it's ok :cheers:

done a couple of clean 57.1x - that seems to be my wall... driving mazda only, like the way it puts down power.

What seems to be capable of the fastest times? Toyota? Peugeot? Mazda?

I finally had a chance to try out the Cape Ring races. Didn't touch the GSX. Tried a Golf, the Hommell whatchamacallit, Madza Cosmos and a 96 Elise.

I must be one of the few that's tried the GSX and not managed to beat any other GSXs. Mind you, I am new to online racing, and being a pensioner I don't go in for some of the shenanigans that all you 'young tear-a-ways' get up to lol. My GSX srf option is set to 'off' and is greyed out. Personally, I like to see racers using VW buses and Range Rovers etc.

Had the day off so I ran the Megane around Brands Hatch. Looked like just about everyone I raced against was struggling big time but got lucky I had one or two that had pace. 1:24.650 was the best I could do with my own tune that isn't ideal but better than my usual.

Random blurbs…

Re: Midfield.

Mazda, good. Launches good and turns in and brakes good. Sounds awesome.

Nissan '92, good. Launches in beast mode, turns alright and brakes alright. Not quite as fast as Mazda for me. Sounds good with turbo noises and torque action.

Sauber Benz, decent. Doesn't turn in at all, sluggish mid corner and snappy on exit. Had to majorly adjust myself to drive this car fast but still got a decent overall lap time. Sound was not all that cool.

Had the day off so I ran the Megane around Brands Hatch. Looked like just about everyone I raced against was struggling big time but got lucky I had one or two that had pace. 1:24.650 was the best I could do with my own tune that isn't ideal but better than my usual.

Had a go at Brands myself last night and had a bit of success with SW_10's tune. I can't find the original post but this is the base model tune:

530pp, 406bhp, 955kg.

No oil, No rigidity improvement.

65/65
12.00/13.50
4/4
5/5
7/7
0/0
-0.05/0

Brakes 7/8

Trans

Initial FG: 4400
Max speed 112mph (min)
1: 3900
2: 2600
3: 2176
4: 1820
5: 1563
6: 1333
FG: 3000

LSD: 5/12/5. Triple clutch.

Power 91%. stage 3 Engine.

DF 135.

Had a few 24.7's with a 5.45 total time runs with it but there should be a low 24 in it for me. Very good rotation and grip.

Re: MidField

Can not find car faster than Mazda. Doing 2.58, a couple of times hit 2.57, any car possible of 2.56 without srf?

Also wanted to ask - I'm racing with Automatic transmission and ABS - do theese affect cornering speed? Turning traction control off affects your time very noticeably.

Re: MidField

Can not find car faster than Mazda. Doing 2.58, a couple of times hit 2.57, any car possible of 2.56 without srf?

Also wanted to ask - I'm racing with Automatic transmission and ABS - do theese affect cornering speed? Turning traction control off affects your time very noticeably.

Mazda seems to be fastest, though the Nissan '92 is really good also. I can do 2:58s in the Nissan. Anyone faster, I'm very suspect of, as in SRF hack. I'm on the ragged edge and just can't see how one can go faster. I don't use traction control, and I use a manual gearbox and like the ability to shift early because if you notice most of these cars are limited in power, except for the Mazda. ABS 1

pressure someone into a mistake while still racing clean.

My favorite thing. Or outright whooping ass. :D

Had a go at Brands myself last night and had a bit of success with SW_10's tune. I can't find the original post but this is the base model tune:

Had a few 24.7's with a 5.45 total time runs with it but there should be a low 24 in it for me. Very good rotation and grip.
Gave that a shot. Had to feel this one out and dial back the brake a little. 23.950 after I strung everything together.

I don't know which track it was set up for but the original brake settings have you standing on your nose with hard braking. I dropped them down to 6-7.

Still running cautious 24.7's. I could drop a bit of time off if I use more of the track but it's out of my comfort zone to gamble on the faster corners.

Nice time btw. Quickest I've seen.👍

I don't know which track it was set up for but the original brake settings have you standing on your nose with hard braking. I dropped them down to 6-7.

Still running cautious 24.7's. I could drop a bit of time off if I use more of the track but it's out of my comfort zone to gamble on the faster corners.

Nice time btw. Quickest I've seen.👍
I believe I went down to 5-6 for better consistency.

You are correct that you will need to gamble on the corners, especially Westfield Bend and Dingle Dell Corner. They have a lot of curbing to use although the former is more difficult to get right. With the latter, I like an early turn in and gobbling up every bit of apex. Overall, I've hit quite a few low 24s but I have also crashed out.

I will admit that playing through GT Academy 2015 might've helped me here. The setup is good for trailbraking, something I needed to do with the GT-R.

Anyone got a 59 second Elise 96 tune? For the 400p cape ring QM.
I keep hitting 1:01.5xx but seems I don't know how to tune it to be faster.

Also anyone hit 57 seconds in the Minolta? Midfield QM. I've got to 58.1xx but seems I need some inspiration to knock an extra second or two off the time. One or two still keep up at 58 seconds

Last edited:
Anyone got a 59 second Elise 96 tune? For the 400p cape ring QM.
I keep hitting 1:01.5xx but seems I don't know how to tune it to be faster.

Also anyone hit 57 seconds in the Minolta? Midfield QM. I've got to 58.1xx but seems I need some inspiration to knock an extra second or two off the time. One or two still keep up at 58 seconds

Re:MidField

Took Minolta, 2nd QM race - 57.6, third lap. I've got 2hrs to play so i'll update time ;)

*Update: 2hrs of work = 57.44, i can see a bit more, actually very challenging car the faster you go. So i'll work some more.

The trickiest part about this car is opening throttle in the correct point as hard as possible, other than that very well tuned. Good brakes.

Last edited:
Re:MidField

Took Minolta, 2nd QM race - 57.6, third lap. I've got 2hrs to play so i'll update time ;)

The trickiest part about this car is opening throttle in the correct point as hard as possible, other than that very well tuned. Good brakes.

That is quick.

I've got the 1-2 corner right. Corners before 1st tunnel slightly misleading and bigger than needs to be for this car, I think. I find faster line going in the middle of both corners in one big swoop, ironically

The hairpin bend before the 2nd tunnel really is when I can mess up on the gas and spin towards the inside. Very tricky if you're too eager on throttle.

I do love how everyones on TC I hop into my minolta and just gunn it. Car launches like its in a class above. Easy 1st if I'm high enough on the grid and dont mess up the later corners. Soon as you get 1st it's all on you to keep that lead. The track is wide but funnily enough, difficult to overtake when the person in front is hogging that racing line.

You're right, one of the best starts from the line, but very tricky behavior on the most crucial part of the corner is a price to pay.

Another one that launches itself even quicker is Jaguar, but everywhere else on the track except the start it's rubbish :)

Minolta may be the fastest. I tend to have the same thing with cars that have too much downforce. Ts30? Too easy to drive..chaparall 2x? F1? Unless were lapping for charity, Dont even think about it.

Can't recall racing against fast enough Minoltas… :D

They're between gears while I'm on full boost at full torque, building power and pulling out of corners.

I replicated the power output of all these cars with stock versions in my garage. I wanted to see where the horsepower fell off. Except for the Mazda, the curves are severely truncated into flat lines. Shift early.

Tried out the Ferrari at Tokyo today. Quite a nice combo although I've already seen plenty of wall abuse. 1:44.150 was my best time. Gonna chase that 43 which I know I can get.

Back