Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Sorry, but no.

I had just finished testing it offline before we met up online - found it a bit slower (for me) than the tune I have been using, but I did borrow the downforce settings, and found an immediate 0.25 seconds improvement.

So I do owe you thanks for that two - that's another beer!

Thanks, @dogmarsss

Sorry guys, just a bit lacking with the memory. Beers. Try a lower FD if you're pegging 3rd out of the tunnel into the long left. Which you should be, because you can floor it through there. I sometimes short shift because peak power is at 9200, or 9300. Build power, not fall off the power.

Thanks, @dogmarsss

Sorry guys, just a bit lacking with the memory. Beers. Try a lower FD if you're pegging 3rd out of the tunnel into the long left. Which you should be, because you can floor it through there. I sometimes short shift because peak power is at 9200, or 9300. Build power, not fall off the power.
do you use a controller ds3?

Do people on this thread use controllers or steering wheels?? If you guys have wheels and pedals what is your setup?
An ancient Driving Force Pro. I have to use the shift knob since the paddle shifters are pretty much shot.

I try to tailgate but I never can do it well. I'm all but driving blind in bumper view and I bump the guy ahead too often. I resort to over-unders, dummy passes and whatnot.

If I know the type of driver I'm going up against, then I can better follow them without bumping them in a braking zone. Conversely, my braking has always been my weak point, so I'm usually the one getting bumped. It doesn't help my Pro pedals are arcade racing game flimsy. It did teach me finite throttle and brake management, though.

I use t500rs borrowed from a friend, with very poor seat.
Dreaming of good car seat and stable frame and ps4pro and fanatec and ...

Old DS3 rejuvenated with parts from 2 broken DS3's... I need a new one ideally as it sounds like a hammer drill when I go over curbs.

I think I might be a bit heavy handed with them as they creak a lot when I use them...:boggled:

Ran with a fella that was doing 1:02.1 in an HSV at Midfield...

I was like, uh...
Yeah, I had a guy running 1:02.7 - had to fight for my wins, but I was running my best ever times (down to 1:03.1......)

Judging by his speed off the line, and through the bends before and after the first tunnel, I suspect that he was using SRF.

Hey guys, what are the high-tier lap times for the 86 event at Clubman Route 5?
is it possible to run high 1'03"s without SRF?

My BLs have been mid 05. Aliens would be probably 1.5s quicker than me here. So, possible? Probably. Likely? No, unless it was a top class driver.

I just ran a 1:05.271. I might eke out a high 04 but 03 is no go here.

Also got around to Midfield with @coryclifford's HSV tune and my own gearing. 1:03 flat and I might eke out that final tenth or two somewhere.

Last edited:
So, been doing the Midfield these past few days and was lucky enough to pull a few 1:02.7xx laps today. Next thing I knew someone accused me doing the SRF-cheat. Laptime is nothing spectacular really, seen ppl doing much faster than that so...Anyone please explain to me what that SRF fuss is all about.
I'm a DS3-stick-user only.

Regards.

I did a 1:02.7 today too. I'm EeePee, you're on my friend list.

SRF cheat is when you have SRF on in Arcade or Career mode and it carries over into these Quick Matches.

1:02.7 is straight up fast. Anyone faster, you can pretty much assume they're doing the SRF cheat. Or just stupid fast, but I'd guess SRF.

I've had the pleasure :nervous: of coming up against both @hsh and @coryclifford in the last few days, and being subjected to your 1:02.07 times! You're definitely both too fast for me.

Best I can manage now is 1:03.1, but I suspect auto gears doesn't help me.

SRF users get a demon start off the line, and corner much faster than non-SRF users are capable of.

Note that I say SRF users, rather than cheats, as not all are even aware that they have it turned on......

Last edited:
Thx @bone_tone and @coryclifford ... think I get the picture now. Pleasure racing against you, fair and fast.

Been doing a little research into this SRF-thingy. Honestly saddened by the fact that some would resort to "using" aids like that, but not really surprised. Makes QM-racing even more of a joke than it already is...fun at times, but still a bit of a lottery.

Regards.

hsh
So, been doing the Midfield these past few days and was lucky enough to pull a few 1:02.7xx laps today. Next thing I knew someone accused me doing the SRF-cheat. Laptime is nothing spectacular really, seen ppl doing much faster than that so...Anyone please explain to me what that SRF fuss is all about.
I'm a DS3-stick-user only.

Regards.

Yeah, right :cool:

Just seen someone do a 2.01.5 at Bathurst.:irked:
Even with SRF, the only way I could see that being possible is someone cutting The Chase entirely.

A 2:03 lap is definitely possible, though, because I just did it. :D

Third lap was faster everywhere except Sector 3 by around two tenths.

I thought I might try the Mid-Field race in my HSV Base Model '12, I am shocked to see players that can not drive and are all over the track and when you see players like that, that is not racing and that is why I will never try quick match races again.

I thought I might try the Mid-Field race in my HSV Base Model '12, I am shocked to see players that can not drive and are all over the track and when you see players like that, that is not racing and that is why I will never try quick match races again.
That's disappointing, as this is usually the best of the current QM rooms - the poorer drivers usually get fed up and drop out quite quickly.

I've only come across one brake tester/rammer too, since this event's been live.

That's disappointing, as this is usually the best of the current QM rooms - the poorer drivers usually get fed up and drop out quite quickly.

I've only come across one brake tester/rammer too, since this event's been live.
Maybe it is my driving style or something else, but I get brake checked roughly in 30% of races... so what? it makes it more challenging for me.
Brake-check duels are one of if not the most favorite part of the game. Some one brakes you, you brake him and there we goo, race after race, in terms of emotions it veery rewarding.
Or, when someone is really pissed of with your driving, stays at some tight corner and actually hunts you :mad:

Back