Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

The trial mountain can be fun, if there's bad gixxers. I normally keep up on my regular Cars.

But the star is the GT3 QM at Willow, like last time, easily clean, and with a balanced choice

Capture.PNG
I think the average dirty quick match driver/noob who tried (and succeded because I gave up after been litteraly killed in the 2nd corner by a KTM) to kill me wouldn't even make one lap with my car without destroying it.
Quick matches were BS before and will always be I think.
But the BTR is so fun to drive here alone, and when you are fighting with clean(ish) people, you are working out to keep up lol

Good lap time. Very tidy.👍

I'll have to give your tune a try tonight so thank you for sharing it. Nearly 400kg's more than my usual limit but what the hell, you only live once.:P

Quite like the lot this time. I've mostly switched to Assetto (since my t300 and t3pa pro are here!!!), but I really like the willow event. Can be a tough place to pass, makes the racing enjoyable.

GRIPE OF THE DAY
For cutting a gross the chicane at trial mountain it should be at least 5 second penalty, plus if your divending the inside of a corner on the red & white
Kerb & someone dive bombs you & gives you a penalty they should get the penalty, because all four wheels are on the grass!, come on P D, get the
Penalties right, I know this all been said before but like I said just venting.
Side note the G S X should be called a race car so it can't be used in road car events.
Right then back to trail mountain for more frustration LOL.

There are a few good guys running at Trial Mtn. They give you racing room, don't dive bomb you or cut the chicane, and if they hit you and give you a penalty, they slow down and let you get your position back. I raced for a couple hours the other night in a room where everyone was clean. I got nothing more than an occasional bump from close racing.

Then there was last night...I wish we could post the names of the morons on a wall of shame.

GRIPE OF THE DAY
For cutting a gross the chicane at trial mountain it should be at least 5 second penalty, plus if your divending the inside of a corner on the red & white
Kerb & someone dive bombs you & gives you a penalty they should get the penalty, because all four wheels are on the grass!, come on P D, get the
Penalties right, I know this all been said before but like I said just venting.
Side note the G S X should be called a race car so it can't be used in road car events.
Right then back to trail mountain for more frustration LOL.

Something has been off with the penalties the last couple of days. I don't think I've ever had so many and usually, for the slightest of contact. It got so bad, I'd go off line in the corners to avoid wheel to wheel only to see the other guy drift wide and still give me a penalty. Any minimal contact, penalty. Small brake checks, penalty. I even had a couple of barrier penalties at the chicane that were so small, I'd only lose a couple of mph but still 5 seconds. The chicane is no fun if you have to stop flirting with the wall. Sod it. I'll go watch Le Mans instead.

Featuring an orange and a blue Ram.

Had some good races with whirlybird. A very fair racer and he's got the truck dialed in well.

BurningTirex winds me up though. A so so one car (gixxer) wonder who wouldn't know a clean pass if it jumped up and bit his arse. Brake checks aplenty and he can't resist putting you into the wall at every opportunity. Handle with care...

Had a couple of good Willow Springs GT3 races. Had one that came down to the turn 2 on the final lap for the win. Had one were I made a really strong overtake around the outside in turn 3 for second. And I had one were I over cooked it going into the final corner fighting for the lead and went straight off. Decent lobbies in all 3 races with 8 or so people each. (With about 2 really good drivers.) The Corvette is IMO the best car thru the first and second sector. But it struggles in the final corner. Had a lot of fun last night.

Well yee haw I got mystified. Great to get close up and personal with the famous RAM. I even got a couple of kisses, although @MOPARbarrett5 was a gentleman and gave me the place back when one of them gave me a penalty. It's funny pretty much the only drivers who do that are fellow GTP-ers. Maybe they're just worried about the bad reviews. If I knowingly give someone an undeserved penalty I'll always wait - unless it's a gixxer of course - annoying little wasps.
I'm using the Lotus Esprit 350 now. It's on a par with the GT40 for pace but it's a lot more predictable, but still fun.

Much to my surprise with QM's, had some genuinely fun, cracking close racing in the 500pp event. Aside from mostly being dominated by GSX-R/4's, there's been many a person who is more than willing to race, and race fairly. Of course, there's the odd dirty folk, and cheater who likes to manipulate the rules.

Especially with the contact penalties, which have been a bit wayward, more so than usual for a QM, from I can tell. Bit annoying when you get penalised for so much as touching the car in front, or even when side-by-side. It's annoying when battling with someone, where running side-by-side can lead to the odd bit of contact (nothing deliberate), and one of you get's penalised. Makes the offender look like the "bad-guy" when it does happen, as most of time it's not meant to be appear that way

Also, got a quite excited when I saw @MOPARbarrett5 in one a few days ago, when racing my trusty AP1 S2000, felt like I saw a celebrity, as it was the first time I'd seen a GTP'er in the "wild". Was great to see the mighty blue RAM in action, tell you what too, you sure ain't half quick in that RAM sir, awesome stuff to see when battling with the little Gixxers. Certainly shouldn't underestimate the RAM's capabilities, especially when @MOPARbarrett5's driving it, quite the dark horse. Also, sorry if we had any coming-together's, definitely not intentional, but if I remember, one of the races I saw you in was a full 16-car grid, which was "busy" to say the least :lol:.

On the subject of dark horse's, raced against a Russian chap in an Evoque, had some cracking battles with him, was a very quick guy. Was also nice to see something unusual race, that you don't see raced that often.

Last edited:
Talking of unusual or different cars, if there was a championship then Kilesa would win hands down every time I see him he's in a different car
So I tip hat in trying different cars. Iv used three,any more offers lol

That's a huge fun part on the Garage type QM's. Using lots and lota of diferent cars

Yea, that's what I love about the lower pp QM garage events, especially at the 500pp level. It's a low enough PP level, whereby, so many different cars can compete, and be competitive at that. Hence why it's even more interesting to something different to to GSX-R/4, like an Evoque, a RAM, or even Peugeot 106 S16's as I've seen.

I've been trying the same myself, using cars I don't often use at this level, giving my AP1 S2000 a break at 3,000mile :lol:. Used my '99 Impreza WRX STI Wagon, modeled as a tribute to the JTCC spec SYMS machine. Forgot just how capable it is, knew it was quick, but forgot just how quick it is, mind you it is light for your typical Estate/Wagon.

Talking of unusual or different cars, if there was a championship then Kilesa would win hands down every time I see him he's in a different car
So I tip hat in trying different cars. Iv used three,any more offers lol

Cheers mate.:cheers:

I can't understand why people stick with the same car race after race when there's a glut of options at that pp level. There's no challenge if you're using the top or even 2nd tier 500pp's. There's nothing better than getting a surprise win in an obscure car.

Cheers mate.:cheers:

I can't understand why people stick with the same car race after race when there's a glut of options at that pp level. There's no challenge if you're using the top or even 2nd tier 500pp's. There's nothing better than getting a surprise win in an obscure car.

I've gotten a few wins in the Audi R8 chromline, the VW Nardo, a Subaru something or other, even the Nissan Stagea, although the field against the Stagea was pretty weak.

The thing that gets me though, is practically everyone blows by me on the long uphill straight. I doesn't feel like boost because I can't pass anyone even if I'm on their bumper. I even use some of the better tuners trans settings and I'm still to slow. It's got me baffled, its as though my DS3 isn't getting full throttle. If I could get as fast on the straights as most everyone else I could hit that magic 1:30 number.

Isn't the R8 Chromeline a bit too limited at 500pp? I use the 4.2 with stage 3 weight for about 320bhp or stage 2 for about 340bhp but I can't get it into the 31's. My quickest Scooby is the '09 Spec C that can scrape 32's but I haven't tried the Nardo as I figured there'd be no torque left after dropping it to this level.

As for 1:30's, I don't use cars that quick and with my humdrum skill level, the list of cars capable of it is short. Have you tried the HSC for your 1:30? Not many people using them and it's only a second or 2 off the gixxer.

I'll try the other R8's then! ;) I chose the chromeline because it has adjustable aero at both ends. I'll also give the HSC a go. Acutually the R8 is one of the few cars that isn't way off the pace on the straights. I'm fastest in an X-Bow Street and have turned a few low 1:31's, but I'm only running 122-124 mph at the end of the straight. Most every X-Bow I'm up against flys right by me by the time we're in the tunnel.

See, that's what annoys me about the 500pp QM, are the people; such as that guy in the white Rocket, who cut the 1st turn. What's more irritating is that they end up gaining time from doing so, because the corner cut penalty isn't sufficient enough to penalise them for cutting said corner.

I had it on a few instances last night, a guy in a HSC, and another in a yellow NSX Type-R '02, preceded to do the same, and in fact, the guy in the HSC won a couple of races because of this. Realistically, the penalty should be 10 sec minimum, and perhaps at a slower speed. But hey-ho, that's the nature of QM's; for all the great racing, you're bound to get a couple of foul players, willing to manipulate the system, so as to speak.

There's a few regulars who always do it so if I see them, I just leave them behind, find another race and hope they stay where they are. I just don't see the point in racing them.

I won't mention names...hang on, coughing fit coming...*cough*Roux*cough*fulmine*cough*portugais*cough*. Damn cough, sorry about that. Cheats always make me cough though.

There's a few others that have slipped my mind but I've no doubt another coughing fit will come along when I remember them...

There's a few regulars who always do it so if I see them, I just leave them behind, find another race and hope they stay where they are. I just don't see the point in racing them.

I won't mention names...hang on, coughing fit coming...*cough*Roux*cough*fulmine*cough*portugais*cough*. Damn cough, sorry about that. Cheats always make me cough though.

There's a few others that have slipped my mind but I've no doubt another coughing fit will come along when I remember them...
We should burn them all in that corner ........
I stoped playin the trial because of the ridiculous penalty...... event lotus roxx

Last edited:
I haven't got the patience for the time trials even though I love the Lotus and Spa. Half an hour is about my limit for them. I noticed your time though. Way to go.👍

I'll stick with racing other cars rather than blue lines that I can't get anywhere near to. Perhaps I should have handpicked my friends list for slower drivers.:lol:

Flying.jpg

Surprised to see this going on in my mirror. The ZZII and GT86 were side by side, there was a bit of contact and the GT86 shot up 10 feet in the air.
As you can see I've switched to the Miura now. It's very good in a straight line (140+ on the straight even without a tow) and not bad in the corners. I've had some good races in it, including a Miura one-two with me in P2, winning against 4 gixxers, and a good battle with a fast and very fair Finn in an NSX prototype.

Back