Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

View attachment 655909

Surprised to see this going on in my mirror. The ZZII and GT86 were side by side, there was a bit of contact and the GT86 shot up 10 feet in the air.
As you can see I've switched to the Miura now. It's very good in a straight line (140+ on the straight even without a tow) and not bad in the corners. I've had some good races in it, including a Miura one-two with me in P2, winning against 4 gixxers, and a good battle with a fast and very fair Finn in an NSX prototype.
That reminds me of something.
downloadfile-1.jpg

Been trying a few cars at Trial Mountain, and had some fun. The GT40 surprised me (and other drivers!) the most - a very nice drive.

I've run the HSC, the Elise 96, NSX Type R 92, and the Garaya - all relatively easy drives, capable of sub-1:35 times, but that's not much use when you're up against GSXs running 1:27........

The idiot American with the Ram, who spends the whole race trying to knock others off the track, was unfortunately in one room last night!

Saw someone do a 26.2 (with the shortcut) in the gixxer yesterday. Either IMMORTAL running incommunicado or someone else hammering the SRF. 4:30.5 total time. Rightio.:rolleyes:

I left for another race and found they did me a huge favour. Half a dozen Japanese drivers with quality race craft, impeccable manners and no gixxers in sight. Had a good hour racing them with no more than a 5 or 6 second spread at the finish. Pure bliss.

I and the rest of the field were treated to a master class at Trial Mountain last night by another fast Dane PSN _hsh. He was in a 458 Italia usually did a 1m31 on his second lap and then cruised to victory. So didn't see much of him during the race apart from the starts, he even wasn't phased when starting directly in front of him my car went into reverse at the green light, he doesn't dive bomb, bump or short cut, waits until the guy(s) ahead make a mistake then he's gone.
It was beautiful.

I and the rest of the field were treated to a master class at Trial Mountain last night by another fast Dane PSN _hsh. He was in a 458 Italia usually did a 1m31 on his second lap and then cruised to victory. So didn't see much of him during the race apart from the starts, he even wasn't phased when starting directly in front of him my car went into reverse at the green light, he doesn't dive bomb, bump or short cut, waits until the guy(s) ahead make a mistake then he's gone.
It was beautiful.
He's a great driver - on my friends list and always way ahead of me on the TTs......

He and I were in QM for all of 2 minutes last night, then I lost server connection, so I never got to see his performance in the 458!

Last edited:
It was beautiful.

I've ran into _hsh a couple of times too, an absolute joy to race against. Last time a ran into him, was a few days ago, when using my Evora, and he was in his Gallardo, and was exceptionally quick in every race, often hitting mid 1:30s. Often he'd romp of into the distance, and the best I could do was be "best-of-the-rest", in a somewhat lonely 2nd.

Mind, there was a couple of instances where we started at the very back, and I had some great battle with him, very fair and patient. Didn't dive-bomb, as you say, and left plenty of room, and was uber-clean with his passes. Was a great guy to battle against, and he was generally quicker than many of the fastest Gixxers, top stuff 👍.

I've raced with _hsh too and agree with the sentiments expressed. There was a Finnish driver called pini71 I raced with the other night who was also very fast and clean. Even gave me back the place when I got a penalty from a nudge. Whenever you see a Scandinavian flag you can usually be sure of a good clean racer.

I was racing last night and had 1st place until a GIXXER cut the chicane and flew right by me. I spent the last lap cursing him and his mother, trying to decide whether or not to quit the race. He stopped just before the finish line to let me win. A win is a win, but it just didn't feel all that great.

Interesting too, to see a lot of names I'm familiar with from other QM's. A couple of them that were untouchable in the GIXXER at the 350pp Autumn Ring we had a couple of years ago, aren't so quick at 500pp.

In a room with hsh again tonight (this time he was in an Impreza Wagon and still beating everyone) but he didn't stay around. It might have been because of the presence of a certain gixxer driver who got a mention above, displaying his usual childish behavior when confronted by a better driver. Luckily he didn't stick around long either. Star of the show was an orange Mazda Rx500. I kept coming a distant P3 to him and a decent gixxer driver. They were going at it hammer and tongs but I couldn't get anywhere near them.
Sometimes I think the single best thing they could do to improve the game would be to remove the gixxer. Is it too late to start a petition?

If they refused to look at the SRF bug, I'd guess on them not looking at any other changes. I'd sign it for sure though. Getting seriously bored of watching them disappear into the distance every time they show up.

I don't mind them so much as the ones that buzz around your backside then hold you up when they get past. I was joking about the petition. Not a cat in hell's chance.

If they refused to look at the SRF bug, I'd guess on them not looking at any other changes. I'd sign it for sure though. Getting seriously bored of watching them disappear into the distance every time they show up.
Dont believe things will change until GTpro
Yesterday i missed QM ... i try one last time ..... get a lobby full of gixxers .... start race in second ...first chicane ....get bump twice .....penalty 10sec ....... get to the second turn....... get bump again ...penalty 5sec........turn off my ps3 and turn on my radio...full volume .....song " never again " by nickelback

Last edited:
I've just been messing with mid pack cars for a week or so and even dabbled with back of the pack cars like the F40 and last night's mentalist experiment, a 417bhp 1250KG El Camino. I was doing 140mph+ on the straight but the corners were an experience. I don't think I've ever spun out so much.:lol:

I caved in and ran that GIXXER for awhile last night and got a best of 1:31.132. Even as old and feeble as I am, it wasn't a lot of fun without competition at that level. I'll probably quit when I get into the 30's.

I ended up in a room with that "tirex" fellow mentioned earlier in this thread. Through the esses at the top of the track he saw me coming and changed course to get me. I reacted in time, cut under him, and applied the parking brake. It swung the back end out a tad, hit him and gave him a penalty, and I went on my merry way. Boy that felt good!

I ended up in a room with that "tirex" fellow mentioned earlier in this thread.

Saw him for the first time yesterday when he drove through me at the first chicane, after that I only saw him either recovering from a penalty or getting one

I caved in and ran that GIXXER for awhile last night and got a best of 1:31.132. Even as old and feeble as I am, it wasn't a lot of fun without competition at that level. I'll probably quit when I get into the 30's.

I ran it for a few races right at the beginning to see what I could get with it and had a low 29 in one session. Miles in front of a full room and everyone from 4th downwards ran out of time for the 3 laps... It's just way too good for it's class. People say they'll just use the next quickest car if they can't use the gixxer but there isn't another car in this class with as much dominance.

Good to see a lot of drivers ignoring it though. There for the racing with the possibility of a hard earned podium rather than choosing a car they expect to win with.👍

They'd better not bring it back for GT:S...

Had a Brazilian guy running regular 1:26s in the GSX tonight, with an occasional 1:25.....

Must have been using SRF, and assume that he was shortcutting(I never got close enough to see that!).

@kilesa4568 Thanks for holding up the gixxer for long enough to let me win. I was hoping to return the favour in the next race but he got away from me. I was surprised to see you in the chromeline R8 after dissing it earlier. I assume you were right. It all went downhill after you left. Ended up just me and a Ferrari GTO. First lap I followed him but didn't make any real attempt to pass. Second lap he cut the chicane and got a good lead from it. He's obviously been practicing. Third lap I'd caught up and he did it again. At that point I quit, leaving him on his own, hoping he'd get the message.
It's not been a great night I have to say. All the rooms I got into gradually emptied. I hope it's not me. At one point it was tirex and two gixxers. I didn't stick around for that one.

Yeah, that guy was annoying with his late lunges and twerking his car through the corners. Made sure my elbows stuck out just that little bit more for him to back him up. To be honest, I didn't have anywhere near the power to compete with either of you and had about 1350KG's to lug about. I had one tuned for 600pp but 500pp was way too far it. Nice handling in the corners but any momentum lost killed the lap time. Mid 34's I think I got out of it.

I couldn't get settled in any race rooms tonight though. I think the laser or my disk is on the way out and the game often locks up when a race finishes. I even have to hard reset the console. Time to try a digital download I think.

Yeah, that guy was annoying with his late lunges and twerking his car through the corners. Made sure my elbows stuck out just that little bit more for him to back him up. To be honest, I didn't have anywhere near the power to compete with either of you and had about 1350KG's to lug about. I had one tuned for 600pp but 500pp was way too far it. Nice handling in the corners but any momentum lost killed the lap time. Mid 34's I think I got out of it.

I couldn't get settled in any race rooms tonight though. I think the laser or my disk is on the way out and the game often locks up when a race finishes. I even have to hard reset the console. Time to try a digital download I think.

I've had a few freezes and weirdly glitched races too so it may not be your console. I was kinda wishing I'd chosen a slower car than the GT40 last night. The only real competition was gixxers and that's not much fun.

I'm on my 3rd disk now and it's showing a fair amount of damage. I think it must have had a dust build up on the laser (or some part of it) as it's rubbed a ring right around the disk. |It also doesn't load the disk if I keep it in the console, I have to eject it and then put it back in after I reach the dashboard and even then, it's hit and miss.

I was kinda wishing I'd chosen a slower car than the GT40 last night. The only real competition was gixxers and that's not much fun.

If only you could change your car between races to cater to the field you're in. I either run too slow a car against quick cars or too quick against slow. Jump out to swap and still choose wrong.

I'm on my 3rd disk now and it's showing a fair amount of damage. I think it must have had a dust build up on the laser (or some part of it) as it's rubbed a ring right around the disk

I'm on my 3rd too because of that ring. I don't know what causes this. I'm hoping my new PS3 slim, standing vertically ( with a Playstation stand ) will fix this problem. I would prefer to not download the digital version and then go through all of the updates a 3rd time.

Back to the QM discussion. Last night the dumb game stalled me at the starting line for 10 seconds, then gave me a penalty when I was allowed to start. I passed no one, and looking at the course map, I was so far behind it was ridiculous. But the sector times were weird, showing I was only behind about 5 seconds. When I crossed the finish line, I was in 3rd place. I wish I'd saved the replay on that one. I must have been lagging, doing that thing where you go from zero to 500mph in an instant, leaving huge smokey trails!

Back to the QM discussion. Last night the dumb game stalled me at the starting line for 10 seconds, then gave me a penalty when I was allowed to start. I passed no one, and looking at the course map, I was so far behind it was ridiculous. But the sector times were weird, showing I was only behind about 5 seconds. When I crossed the finish line, I was in 3rd place. I wish I'd saved the replay on that one. I must have been lagging, doing that thing where you go from zero to 500mph in an instant, leaving huge smokey trails!

Speaking of glitchy QM's, I had a bizarre incident a few days ago. I was in my Evora, starting 5th/6th on the grid, or thereabouts, everything seemed business as usual. But when I set off after the countdown, I was the only one who left the grid, since everyone else stood there still, so I shot into 1st. The grid stood their still, until I got to the back straight, where suddenly everyone spawned near me, but it looked like AI were driving, since all cars were driving against the walls, with some appearing a bit glitched, as if their suspension had collapsed on one side.

I'd overtake them all again, as they drive on mindlessly, but every so often throughout each lap (roughly every sector I'd say), they'd appear around/in-front/behind me, doing the same thing, driving like AI with no track paths. It continued until the the flag dropped, where slowly, as the race finished, I dropped down the order to about 3rd, as if people had finished ahead me, yet they were all spread out round the track.

Utterly bizarre, never had anything like that before, but I tried to save the replay, but after the race it froze, before disconnecting me. As I said, the best way to describe it, was they drove like AI, but without the track paths (similar to how AI re-act when you load a hidden tracks in the older GT demos, since no track path is assigned), since they were driving against the walls and what not :odd:.

Last edited:
I'm on my 3rd too because of that ring. I don't know what causes this. I'm hoping my new PS3 slim, standing vertically ( with a Playstation stand ) will fix this problem. I would prefer to not download the digital version and then go through all of the updates a 3rd time.

Yes, there's a few bugs creeping back in again - I kept apparently finishing second to a guy last night, despite the fact that he always started at the back of the grid, and never overtook me once!

Came up against the usual SRFers tonight! One decided to forego his usual GSX, and was all over the place - he didn't stay in the room long...

Back