Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Great stories chaps but @Michelin Man, are you sure that wasn't a dream.

Haha, honest, it's true! Joking aside, it was bonkers enough to seem like a dream, if only I was able to save the replay :lol:.

If only there was a glitch that turned all the gixxers into Shelby Cobras with all aids off.

Or better still, something incredibly slow, to punish said Gixxers, like a Subaru 360 :mischievous:.

Or at the very least, something that's actually road-legal, and actually resembles a road car, and not a concept car....

Fun cars I've enjoyed driving at 500pp around Trial Mountain Reverse:

Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
Fast on the straights. Awesome rotation if you stay on tight grippy line.

BMW M4 M Performance
Pace car with flashing lights! Heavy but huge traction and stability.

The list should be longer I just keep forgetting what I ran earlier in June.

Seen quite a few M3 GTR's in the Trial Mountain QM's, but not one CSL which is an amazing car in these races, does 139mph without a tow up the hill, gets away from the line with anger and is pretty robust when other cars are bouncing off evrything and anything in crowded spaces. It may be one of the easiest cars to do a sub 4m50s race in, any GSX in the race driven properly shouldnt be troubled by it but I havent seen too many of those (literally). My favourite though so far has been the Dino, its twitchy as hell and I am a lot more likely to have an accident in it, but when I can manage to keep it on the road it felt good, sounded good an flooring it at the bottom of the hill and letting it rip up the hill felt almost as good as getting the breaking correct at the top of the hilll and getting the next two turns right and it sounds good too.
is

Had race with a nice Canadian racer the other night, he was in a Muira, both started from the third row, passed the GSX's on the way up the hill and both of managed two 1m33 laps within hundredths of each other and finished 10 seconds clear of a 12 car field. It was 290 seconds of bliss

The M3 GTR is probably my favourite car to drive there, slightly ahead of the Ruff RGT but they're too quick with mid 32's. I've got a tuned CSL but with it competing with the GTR, it gets overlooked every time. Time to dig it out.👍

I gave the DeLorien* a try last night with one of Praiano's tunes on it but it was rubbish. Every time I got to 88mph, the game glitched out and the race finished early. Weird...

*If you're thinking of trying it, be ready for the over steer. It's got a nice balance but there's too much power for its RR layout and light weight. If you like drifting though, you'll love it. A proper pedal fest to stop it spinning.

Last edited:
I've just been messing with mid pack cars for a week or so and even dabbled with back of the pack cars like the F40 and last night's mentalist experiment, a 417bhp 1250KG El Camino. I was doing 140mph+ on the straight but the corners were an experience. I don't think I've ever spun out so much.:lol:
lol I would liked to seen it, I might have seen the front of one of your multiple choice cars instead of the back

I tried something a bit slower tonight, at least I thought it was going to be slow but it turned out to be pretty good. The Mazda RX500. I started out with it stock except some power and a five speed box and fiddled with it between races. By the time I finished I was getting 1:34s out of it. It could still do with some work, it was woefully slow off the line, but with a better tune I reckon it could be quite competitive. And you can keep your croissants warm in the back.
First room was gixxers and also rans. But the second room...Oh joy, fifteen cars and only two gixxers. And @Daduce1947 was in there, showing them how it's done in an NSX. Loads of good tussles with a variety of cars and generally all pretty tidy. In the whole time I only saw one car cutting the chicane. At one point it was down to just one gixxer, but he was a special one. Won one race by 10s then came last in the next. Whenever I saw him coming I got well out of the way.

Great stories chaps but @Michelin Man, are you sure that wasn't a dream.
If only there was a glitch that turned all the gixxers into Shelby Cobras with all aids off.

TWO thumbs UP for that comment and agree Steerling, I've sort of tuned the GXR's out in my mind and pay little to no attention to them. Some are blazing FAST and that's cool but like you I much prefer and am more impressed seeing a "REAL" street car run a mid :48 to :44 (race) than what ever the GSX'r runs. Occasionally I can no longer resist temptation and drive the NSX Proto LM, but that car is also such a sweet ride, so well suited to 500 - 550pp events it's almost a cop out too. I'm liking the LFA, the Shelby Series 1, the best - so far but as others have mentioned there are a bunch of fun AND sometimes some seriously competitive rides to pick from. Looking forward to the next 550 to 600 an up TT's and Seasonals.

Are we due a new lot tomorrow? I thought it might be my last chance to make a fool of myself in the Stratos. Didn't win any races but only came last once despite losing it at least once in each race. At 500PP it's ridiculously fast in a straight line, not so much in the corners. Well over 140 at the end of the straight. Would have topped 145 if I didn't have to brake very early to make the corner. I had some fun bunching up the gixxers behind me in the corners then blasting away from them as soon as I got it pointing straight.

@coryclifford That was the Mazda I was in a room with the other night. No match for a well-driven gixxer but none of the normal cars could catch him.

The way he was saving the car, I suspect SRF. Could be totally wrong though. He was a bit of a dirty driver as you can see. Dude in the truck though, deserved the brake check.

I did wonder about srf. There was always wierd stuff going on too. It may have just been lag but he was always jumping about in position. In one race it showed him as fastest first lap with a 1:29 when he was still mid-pack, then he jumped into first place, and at the end of the race he showed up as fifth, then jumped to first with a slower time than everyone else. Anyway I couldn't match him in the GT40 and I think it's a better car than the Mazda.

On a wild night at Trial Mountain I witnessed @MOPARbarrett5 clock 1m32.6 in a RAM that was a big as a house, followed by _hsh in a ZZII, first race he was on pole, lights went green and it was lights out for the rest of us. From a standing start he did 1m35.5 for a first lap, 1m30.09 on lap two then he must have fell asleep as he scraped under 1m31 for the last lap, while the couple of gixxers in the race just got confused and spent the time hitting each other, I got into a nice tussle (miles) behind the star of the show with two US guys, bilbostig in a CSL (car is a beast) and Jake#### in a RX7 (suprisingly quick up the hill), twas a fun night

On a wild night at Trial Mountain I witnessed @MOPARbarrett5 clock 1m32.6 in a RAM that was a big as a house, followed by _hsh in a ZZII, first race he was on pole, lights went green and it was lights out for the rest of us. From a standing start he did 1m35.5 for a first lap, 1m30.09 on lap two then he must have fell asleep as he scraped under 1m31 for the last lap, while the couple of gixxers in the race just got confused and spent the time hitting each other, I got into a nice tussle (miles) behind the star of the show with two US guys, bilbostig in a CSL (car is a beast) and Jake#### in a RX7 (suprisingly quick up the hill), twas a fun night

BilboStig is my alter-ego ( alternate account ) so thanks for the props on the CSL. Your post above gave me the idea to try it! Great racing with you today, too, ( I was in the white Audi R8 )and exchanging comments about that jerk in the Ram, definitely not @MOPARbarrett5.

It would be nice to have list of the regulars here and the names they race under. I was racing a chap a couple of weeks ago and he messaged me after to say it was nice to see a fellow GTP-er. I've still no idea who he was. I only have the one account so if you see me I'll be StirlingMoose. Unless you want to keep it secret of course.

Well, first post here after being a member and following GTP for a long long time. Hello to all of you that I had the pleasure to race with. Guess it was me who messaged you @StirlingMoose some time ago - I hope, things get clearer now for you. I always preferred messaging on PSN between the races, maybe this is the right time for getting present here on the forum as well. So ... hi everybody.

Well, first post here after being a member and following GTP for a long long time. Hello to all of you that I had the pleasure to race with. Guess it was me who messaged you @StirlingMoose some time ago - I hope, things get clearer now for you. I always preferred messaging on PSN between the races, maybe this is the right time for getting present here on the forum as well. So ... hi everybody.
Hi Rocket Joe, I raced with you at Trial Mtn a few afternoons (my time in the Pacific NW) ago. Good fun! Ps; I'm usually racing under this ID now days. Used to use others just because I was too lazy to sell (which of course adds even more credits) or dump cars to he stockyard 'cause I couldn't buy more with all the credits we accumulate so quickly in QM so I'd log in under another. That got troublesome too so now I just sell, then buy one of the 20M Ferarri's and press on under "daduce1947",, it's easier. By the by, my elder Geezers call me "duce". For anyone interested, the ID I chose way back in early GT5 days is the personalized license plates we had on our 9 second ProStreet 1963 Chevy II (or QCKDUCE,, which was already taken). On a warm summers Friday eve when I would get home from work my Wife would ask - "Are we taking da duce to the car gathering at A&W tonight?" hence the ID.

RJ, a pleasure to finally see you on here - welcome!

I've raced against you so many times, and we've messaged one another lots, but I know you've been reading my posts from here - be great to see you contributing too. :)

Hi Rocket Joe, I raced with you at Trial Mtn a few afternoons (my time in the Pacific NW) ago. Good fun! Ps; I'm usually racing under this ID now days. Used to use others just because I was too lazy to sell (which of course adds even more credits) or dump cars to he stockyard 'cause I couldn't buy more with all the credits we accumulate so quickly in QM so I'd log in under another. That got troublesome too so now I just sell, then buy one of the 20M Ferarri's and press on under "daduce1947",, it's easier. By the by, my elder Geezers call me "duce". For anyone interested, the ID I chose way back in early GT5 days is the personalized license plates we had on our 9 second ProStreet 1963 Chevy II (or QCKDUCE,, which was already taken). On a warm summers Friday eve when I would get home from work my Wife would ask - "Are we taking da duce to the car gathering at A&W tonight?" hence the ID.
Think you and I were in the same room the other day too, can't remember what you were driving though?

Ahh, I've met you in the Trial Mountain QM, a fair few times, and from the races I've been in with you, you're no slouch as the name suggests :lol:. My PSN ID is pretty much the same as here, bar the added numbers, so I'm fairly recognisable.

Otherwise, welcome along :gtpflag:.

@ROCKET JOE - Welcome. You were indeed the mysterious messager. Unlike you I'm hopeless with the PSN message system. I remember I searched for your name here but couldn't find you. Anyway it was a pleasure racing with you.
I was in a room with a Dragon (one g) the other day and wondered if it was @Draggon. I guess not. There are quite a few drivers with "stig" in their name so I may have raced with you unknowingly.

Now I know
digtater = @kilesa4568
EeePee = @coryclifford
BilboStig = @Draggon

Think you and I were in the same room the other day too, can't remember what you were driving though?
Indeed we were and we have quite a few other times over the last 2 to 3 years. If memory serves I think you were in a Lancer the other day? and made a bunch of GSXr's scramble trying to keep up!! I absolutely LOVE IT when street cars make the GSXr driver's weep! :lol:

I was trying to get the '74 Lambo Contach LP400 to go quickly but alas I failed miserably. 2 races, two finishes very near the back of the field. At just under 1100kg, 326 hp and enough torque to turn the earth backward you'd think it would be a rip roaring contender,,, but it wasn't for me. I stumbled upon a really good set up for the car that make it handle the turns really GR8 👍 just seems extremely sluggish. :confused: I did the traditional trans flip (initial FG far right, Max Spd far left, gears far right, FG at 3800) but it just won't get out of it's own way. I'm not giv'n up on it however. Will be looking for other setups. Tried a number of tweeks to that set up but,,,👎

Edit: Found a good set up by GhostRider for this 'un. Was able to eek into the 35's in practice but the few times I tried the set up in todays QM there were too many, shall we say idiots (maybe they were just weekender kids) blocking, brake checking, body slamming so by the time I was able to find a way around them lap and race times were not good. Typically in the 5:0's. During the week, even though school's out for the kiddies seems the racing is much better during the week.
It's OK though, I'm still hav'n a ball running the Audi LM - many times taking the dominant Beemer Z4 to school! - at Willow Springs when Trial Mountain is a mess. QM,, it's always fun and we hope the guys 'n gals at PD keep it in the next edition of GranTurismo!

Last edited:
First of all big thanks for the friendly Welcome. I have two accounts that only differ in the numbers, I use my second one RocketJoe2-61 for QM racing.
I only have the one account so if you see me I'll be StirlingMoose.
What about finally making a second one ... as SherlockHolmes ? :lol:
Still not sure if I can be of any value among the great enthusiasts that you are ... time will tell I think.
Glad having arrived here.

Indeed we were and we have quite a few other times over the last 2 to 3 years. If memory serves I think you were in a Lancer the other day? and made a bunch of GSXr's scramble trying to keep up!! I absolutely LOVE IT when street cars make the GSXr driver's weep! :lol:

I was trying to get the '74 Lambo Contach LP400 to go quickly but alas I failed miserably. 2 races, two finishes very near the back of the field. At just under 1100kg, 326 hp and enough torque to turn the earth backward you'd think it would be a rip roaring contender,,, but it wasn't for me. I stumbled upon a really good set up for the car that make it handle the turns really GR8 👍 just seems extremely sluggish. :confused: I did the traditional trans flip (initial FG far right, Max Spd far left, gears far right, FG at 3800) but it just won't get out of it's own way. I'm not giv'n up on it however. Will be looking for other setups. Tried a number of tweeks to that set up but,,,👎
I was in an Elise 111R, which has stood me in good stead tonight, as has my trusty ZZ11......

Back