Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Been away for a while so had my first proper session tonight. I had a quick try out last night and decided it would have to be Tsukuba this time. Me and those Red Bulls don't get on. After a disappointing start with connection problems, some crazy lag*, and gixxer-filled rooms I settled into a really good room with a couple of familiar (in a good way) names and a varied field. Had some great close racing even against gixxers. They're definitely not so dominant at 400PP. It's still the fastest car obviously but this time it needs a good driver to win against the proper cars. I was using the Dome-Zero. Weird looking thing but it goes quite well. It's not the fastest (1:05 is all I can get out of it). I've got a few others lined up after a bit of testing. The RX500 is the best I tried.
Not seen any of you lot yet. There is fun to be had.

* I made a great start and jumped two places into the lead, but when I looked back all the other cars were still on the grid. At the third corner they all materialised around me in an almighty wreck which left cars strewn everywhere, twitching by the roadside. I carried on to the end because I wanted to have a look at the replay, but pulled off to the side and just trundled round. The other cars were all still there parked up against the barriers. Presumably there was a race going on that I was oblivious to.

* I made a great start and jumped two places into the lead, but when I looked back all the other cars were still on the grid. At the third corner they all materialised around me in an almighty wreck which left cars strewn everywhere, twitching by the roadside. I carried on to the end because I wanted to have a look at the replay, but pulled off to the side and just trundled round. The other cars were all still there parked up against the barriers. Presumably there was a race going on that I was oblivious to.

This exact same glitch happened to me a little while back at the 500pp Trial Mountain QM, where they stayed at the start line as I left, then sporadically spawned near me every so often, driving against the walls. At the end of race, I dropped down to to about 5th as the race went on without us. I too wanted to save the replay, but it just froze and disconnected us in the end.

Never had such a glitch happen online, really bizarre :odd:.

This exact same glitch happened to me a little while back at the 500pp Trial Mountain QM, where they stayed at the start line as I left, then sporadically spawned near me every so often, driving against the walls. At the end of race, I dropped down to to about 5th as the race went on without us. I too wanted to save the replay, but it just froze and disconnected us in the end.

Never had such a glitch happen online, really bizarre :odd:.

The replay did save but it wasn't very informative. I wanted to see how the race appeared to the others. Did they all have the same experience or was it just me sat on the line and teleporting into the pack causing chaos? But of course the replay was just my version of the race. Quite a lot of cars did drop out but a few did seem to still be racing, albeit invisibly.

I had one of those races yesterday when a car suddenly shot 100 metres into the air, and the car behind passed by going underneath it - undertaking, rather than overtaking! I saved the reply, and it appears that the driver of that car would have been aware of his flight....

I had one of those races yesterday when a car suddenly shot 100 metres into the air, and the car behind passed by going underneath it - undertaking, rather than overtaking! I saved the reply, and it appears that the driver of that car would have been aware of his flight....

In your version of the race. It's taken me a while to get to grips with this but I think how it works is everyone drives the race on their own local track and the data of where you are is sent to everyone else. So you never get to witness your own lag. If you see one car lagging it's probably them. If everyone is lagging then it's probably you and the best thing to do is get out of the way and quit as soon as you can. Your replay is just made up of the data you received during the race, not necessarily how the other drivers saw it.

Ran some laps at Tsukuba last night in the FX45 as KOR Kaine. Fun! With some more tuning I can probably run low 1:06s with it. It's a beast at the start.

See you guys out there.

In your version of the race. It's taken me a while to get to grips with this but I think how it works is everyone drives the race on their own local track and the data of where you are is sent to everyone else. So you never get to witness your own lag. If you see one car lagging it's probably them. If everyone is lagging then it's probably you and the best thing to do is get out of the way and quit as soon as you can. Your replay is just made up of the data you received during the race, not necessarily how the other drivers saw it.

That's pretty much how I understand it too, and found the above out when racing with some mates back on GT5, where they were lagging pretty horrendously to me, whereas for them I was the one lagging really badly. Made for a hilarious race mind :lol:.

@StirlingMoose @Michelin Man
I'm with you guys here. This also results in a proper replay for your own car only,
while every other car moves and sounds more or less strange ( every second race
at least for me ). So QM replays sadly are no good reference.

Did a bunch of races last night across 3 of the 4 possible events. Had an intense 2 lap battle between my MP4-12C and a ZR1 Corvette.

So I got to race @Daduce1947 (edited for spelling) this weekend but I got called away after only one race (family needed assistance). When I came back I didn't gat in the same group but I did have the following result (sorry for the image quality):

0804172044-00_small.jpg

I think all the gixxers got tied up in an accident as my usual result was:

0804172137-00_small.jpg

Last edited:
. . .

I think all the gixxers got tied up in an accident as my usual result was:

View attachment 665181

:crazy:Pjc141 seems to have gotten quicker, I told him to put the controller down and find something else to do last week.
Been sticking with my trusty Dino up to now, had some nice races with a couple of Japans finest Elise peddlers, they usually beat me but had quite a few races where the gixxers were trailling us, they usually took each other out trying to catch up. Most entertaining though was watching the replays of the gixxers getting done in by a German guy/gal in a Sambabus running solid 1m06.xxx laps, they dive bombed him in the corners then he just drove past them on the straights, oh I did :lol:, kudos to that man.

I saw someone in a Sambabus taking it to the gixxers but I think it was a Japanese driver. I did wonder if srf was involved. I know the VW is not bad at 400PP but it was suspiciously fast. In this case who cares, it was hilarious to watch.
Got to race @bone_tone for the first time. It odd that in all this time we've never met before. Shame about the room. I left shortly after you did and went in search of something better. Eventually I gave up and out of desperation settled for 2 gixxers and an MG, which surprisingly turned out to provide the best racing of the night. The 2 gixxers were competent and clean and the MG driver was a real treat to race with. Half a dozen close races and virtually no contact, even with the gixxers.
Tonight's car was the Hommell Berlinette. It's about on par with the Dome-Zero for pace and really fun to drive. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the RX500.

This goes along with my theory that we aren't exactly racing each other in real time. Yes, most of us are, but not all. It's hard to explain, but I've quit and re-entered races only to see the same folks ( plus more ) waiting for the green flag, when in reality those folks that were in the race with me should have 4 or 5 minutes left in the previous race.

As far as the lagging, a series I was in suffered from lag every week. I got a new PS3 and faster internet, and while it can still happen, it's more of a rare occasion. So I think it must have been me.

I saw someone in a Sambabus taking it to the gixxers but I think it was a Japanese driver. I did wonder if srf was involved. I know the VW is not bad at 400PP but it was suspiciously fast. In this case who cares, it was hilarious to watch.
Got to race @bone_tone for the first time. It odd that in all this time we've never met before. Shame about the room. I left shortly after you did and went in search of something better. Eventually I gave up and out of desperation settled for 2 gixxers and an MG, which surprisingly turned out to provide the best racing of the night. The 2 gixxers were competent and clean and the MG driver was a real treat to race with. Half a dozen close races and virtually no contact, even with the gixxers.
Tonight's car was the Hommell Berlinette. It's about on par with the Dome-Zero for pace and really fun to drive. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the RX500.
It is odd that we'd not met before, but we managed it at last. That room started out OK, and then got more unruly - as you said online, I think the gixxers believe they have an automatic right to win, and they don't like it when another car is faster (particularly the chap with the burning tyres!).

It is odd that we'd not met before, but we managed it at last. That room started out OK, and then got more unruly - as you said online, I think the gixxers believe they have an automatic right to win, and they don't like it when another car is faster (particularly the chap with the burning tyres!).
Agree 100% and like many of you we have to smile when we get to see one of our GTP regular posting clan whip up on 'em! Sure, I have a gixer and way back when we first got it I thought it was kinda cool, but once PD started providing races where that car became the stand alone fastest, quickest I got a real bad taste for it and now refuse to drive it. I know they will not, especially at this late date for GT6 but I wish PD would put a weight restriction on these events where the gixer becomes the dominant car. Petty,, probably but in my opinion it's a shame these events aren't set up so the field is comprised of varied cars,, like the 550 to 600 events are. Ohh well, that's the last time I'll post a rant for that car,,, GTS is on the horizon - we HOPE!

Agree 100% and like many of you we have to smile when we get to see one of our GTP regular posting clan whip up on 'em! Sure, I have a gixer and way back when we first got it I thought it was kinda cool, but once PD started providing races where that car became the stand alone fastest, quickest I got a real bad taste for it and now refuse to drive it. I know they will not, especially at this late date for GT6 but I wish PD would put a weight restriction on these events where the gixer becomes the dominant car. Petty,, probably but in my opinion it's a shame these events aren't set up so the field is comprised of varied cars,, like the 550 to 600 events are. Ohh well, that's the last time I'll post a rant for that car,,, GTS is on the horizon - we HOPE!
Hopefully the gixer won't be on the car roster in GTS.

All the times I drive something other than the Suzuki GSXR I always felt like those that are driving it think they have the right to do whatever they want. That's when I usually whip out mine and slap em silly. Except for the SRF guys, which to me is so obvious in their times (below 1:02s) that I give them two or three races, then I bail out.

All the times I drive something other than the Suzuki GSXR I always felt like those that are driving it think they have the right to do whatever they want. That's when I usually whip out mine and slap em silly. Except for the SRF guys, which to me is so obvious in their times (below 1:02s) that I give them two or three races, then I bail out.
I still refuse to get the GSX out, and as @8l23ub and I proved tonight they can be beaten with other cars (we struck lucky with no SRF runners fortunately!). One very cleanly driven GSX was able to win, if he got in front, but mostly he didn't manage it.

I'm glad to see that you make them look silly though :cheers:

@coryclifford After reading your post I was almost tempted over to the dark side. You are an agent of the devil, sir.
I have to confess I got as far as some off-line testing. I had a gixxer at 400PP tuned, I think, for a TT on this very track, on CS though. So I changed the tyres and did a few laps, about the same as I did when testing other cars, and found that it's two seconds a lap faster than the cars I've been using so far (Dome-Zero, Hommell and Dino) and a second quicker than the RX500. With srf* you can add at least another second to that. I have now repented my sins and vowed never again to be tempted... maybe it would be fun though.

Can someone remind me to turn srf off before I go on-line tomorrow. I'd be thinking I was Stirling Moss.

I´ve been reading the posts about Lag,because I wonder if lag also can cause slower/faster lap times?
For example.
Two days ago I was racing RedBullRing in the Ferrari,and did a low 1.32 where another guy did low 1.31.I was little
surpprised about my time cuz the fastest so far in any of the cars I hav´nt been below 1.34.
Yesterday I was online again on RedBullRing,and could hardly do 1.35 even on a clean run.
Why those differences?

I´ve been reading the posts about Lag,because I wonder if lag also can cause slower/faster lap times?
For example.
Two days ago I was racing RedBullRing in the Ferrari,and did a low 1.32 where another guy did low 1.31.I was little
surpprised about my time cuz the fastest so far in any of the cars I hav´nt been below 1.34.
Yesterday I was online again on RedBullRing,and could hardly do 1.35 even on a clean run.
Why those differences?
I think that maybe more to do with the 'weak boost' at that event.
Someone was credited with a 1m28.xxx catching up to the pack in one of the races I was involved in.

Hello.....after a week of full races in tsubuka...i think a gixxer a good one without srt will do a lap in 1.02.xxx and with srt on 1.01.xxx
So for me it simple one do a 1.01 for me he s a srt user .

I don´t think I really understand..
What´s this "weak boost" about?-and what is srt?
I´ve never seen any under 1.02 Tsubuka...
-and today one guy was going 1.14 times in RedBull Jr.-Motegi
I can hardly go under 1.18 there..

I´ve been reading the posts about Lag,because I wonder if lag also can cause slower/faster lap times? Why those differences?

What I've noticed since the Autumn Ring Quick Match a couple years ago is that the track can be fast or slow. I've seen my Tsukuba lap times change by well over a second in different lobbies. Grip levels also change. Starting in 1st or 2nd place helps. When you're following folks its as if the track is getting greasy.

I don´t think I really understand..
What´s this "weak boost" about?-and what is srt?
I´ve never seen any under 1.02 Tsubuka...

Boost is supposed to simulate drafting. I've seen only two 1:01xxx laps, both by Gixxers. SRF is skid recovery force. It's a driving aid (stability enhancer) for average drivers. I've seen a few very low 1:02's from things that aren't MR and its pretty easy to figure out they're using SRF.

I'm afraid this is getting a bit longer ( with a tendency to rant ), so sorry in advance guys ;).

Last Friday I've been at Motegi for the last time. I don't think I'll do this event again, since it was all about
finding out how to go fast there. The moment I knew how to reach my 95 percent I lost interest.

Was back at Tsukuba then using three different cars, the STRATOS, the RX500 and ... the GSXR.
I got tempted by @coryclifford 's post :D and couldn't resist to buy me a new one yesterday and race it.

All the times I drive something other than the Suzuki GSXR I always felt like those that are driving it think they have the right to do whatever they want.

I tell you guys, it's not getting better when you drive one yourself. They're still kings of the road -
with the right ( the need ) to win. You just might have a slightly better chance to escape though.

I've been doing quite good with the RX500, I'm doing about 0.7 seconds better in the GSXR,
I had a couple of wonderful intense races with both cars - so shouldn't I be happy :irked: ?

What is bothering me again and again is this SRF bug and the people using it, knowingly or not - and I can't
help it ! And re-reading the last sides here made me think many of you guys feel the same.
I started asking drivers immediately after a race when things worried me, times were suspicious and so on.
And it's remarkable how widespread the ranges of information and attitude are.
I've had this super-fast Russian guy who just lol'd me leaving me standing in the rain like some archaic fool
who believes in things like fairness, true skill, having been told that rules got to be obeyed ( I got over it,
DM--77. In case you're an alien in disguise I'll apologise ) ...
I've had many guys saying "I use it 'cos everybody does" ...
I've had guys stating "It's just a game" ...
I've had slower drivers that just wanted to keep up with the faster ones ...
I've had drivers of slower cars that just wanted to keep up with the fast cars ...
And I've had people that didn't have any clue at all what was going on, just wondering that they
had endless grip on one day and skidding all over the track on the other ...
And I don't know who to blame : Them, PD for missing on this ... or myself for making a big thing out of it.

Am I off topic somehow ?
Sorry guys :gtpflag:.

BTW back on the happier side meanwhile 👍.

Last edited:
I think most of us will agree with ya there, @ROCKET JOE. And add, the worst are the ones that know it, do it again and again, and are out front doing laps by themselves every time. Pointless in my opinion. I tend to chase them for a few laps, then, ease up and let the guy next in line pass me then chase him around for a lap or two. Or let two pass and watch them go at it for a while. I don't care about winning that much.

Back