Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Like most everything else, it gets old after a while. In this particular example, I have more fun racing with people than outright leaving them behind.

I ran the Gixxer for a couple hours the other night. When they all left it got boring so I resorted to following folks around. I think I'm going back to my RX500.

On another topic, does anyone know how the wins are tallied in the QM races? I bought an RX500 and have used it only for the Tsukuba QM and it shows having 5 wins ( there were more ) yet the Gixxer I've gotten 10 or so wins with shows zero. It's weird. I'd like the cars I use only to have the wins tallied.

On another topic, does anyone know how the wins are tallied in the QM races? I bought an RX500 and have used it only for the Tsukuba QM and it shows having 5 wins ( there were more ) yet the Gixxer I've gotten 10 or so wins with shows zero. It's weird. I'd like the cars I use only to have the wins tallied.

I was wondering about this, since I don't think any of the cars I've used have had there wins noted. For example, at the Trial Mountain QM, my Evora recorded at least 5 victories to my knowledge, yet it still stays it had just the 1 victory, doing my Evora a disservice, as it's better than just the 1 win :lol:.

Same goes for my trusty S2000, as that's had none of it's QM victories registered, though granted at 42 wins, it doesn't make that much of a difference :D.

Going back to that not caring if you win, I can resonate with that to be honest. Don't get me wrong it's great an all when I do win, but only when it's been "earned", as apposed to just driving off in the distance and winning that way, just isn't as enjoyable really (though I will admit I've been guilty of doing that on the ODD occasion). And at the end of the day, it's just another stat that doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

That's why I don't get why all those "aliens" in their Gixxers and what not, just to compete in each QM only to drive of into the distance, pulling impossible quick lap times (impossible without SRF anyway :rolleyes:), and winning by a country mile. What's the point? I don't see any enjoyment in that, I'd much rather finish mid-pack or near the back, knowing I had a good race battling with others.

But hey, that's my little rant on the subject over :lol:.

I'm afraid this is getting a bit longer ( with a tendency to rant ), so sorry in advance guys ;).

Last Friday I've been at Motegi for the last time. I don't think I'll do this event again, since it was all about
finding out how to go fast there. The moment I knew how to reach my 95 percent I lost interest.

Was back at Tsukuba then using three different cars, the STRATOS, the RX500 and ... the GSXR.
I got tempted by @coryclifford 's post :D and couldn't resist to buy me a new one yesterday and race it.

I tell you guys, it's not getting better when you drive one yourself. They're still kings of the road -
with the right ( the need ) to win. You just might have a slightly better chance to escape though.

I've been doing quite good with the RX500, I'm doing about 0.7 seconds better in the GSXR,
I had a couple of wonderful intense races with both cars - so shouldn't I be happy :irked: ?

What is bothering me again and again is this SRF bug and the people using it, knowingly or not - and I can't
help it ! And re-reading the last sides here made me think many of you guys feel the same.
I started asking drivers immediately after a race when things worried me, times were suspicious and so on.
And it's remarkable how widespread the ranges of information and attitude are.
I've had this super-fast Russian guy who just lol'd me leaving me standing in the rain like some archaic fool
who believes in things like fairness, true skill, having been told that rules got to be obeyed ( I got over it,
DM--77. In case you're an alien in disguise I'll apologise ) ...
I've had many guys saying "I use it 'cos everybody does" ...
I've had guys stating "It's just a game" ...
I've had slower drivers that just wanted to keep up with the faster ones ...
I've had drivers of slower cars that just wanted to keep up with the fast cars ...
And I've had people that didn't have any clue at all what was going on, just wondering that they
had endless grip on one day and skidding all over the track on the other ...
And I don't know who to blame : Them, PD for missing on this ... or myself for making a big thing out of it.

Am I off topic somehow ?
Sorry guys :gtpflag:.

BTW back on the happier side meanwhile 👍.
The only ones to blame for this farce of a situation is PD. @kilesa4568 reported it to them ages ago and they (PD) did nothing about it.:banghead:

The only hope for me is that GT Sport should sort 'em out:mischievous:

The overall race and win counts will be tallied up in your general Stats page, but as for the individual car's wins or race counts, they have never been counted where the QM's are concerned. I'm not even sure if the mileage counts on the cars when doing the QM's tbh. But if you do the "Online A-Spec" races, those wins, race counts and mileage will accrue on each car and the general GT6 Stats page.

Cheers

What is bothering me again and again is this SRF bug and the people using it, knowingly or not - and I can't
help it ! And re-reading the last sides here made me think many of you guys feel the same.
I started asking drivers immediately after a race when things worried me, times were suspicious and so on.
And it's remarkable how widespread the ranges of information and attitude are.
I've had this super-fast Russian guy who just lol'd me leaving me standing in the rain like some archaic fool
who believes in things like fairness, true skill, having been told that rules got to be obeyed ( I got over it,
DM--77. In case you're an alien in disguise I'll apologise ) ...
I've had many guys saying "I use it 'cos everybody does" ...
I've had guys stating "It's just a game" ...
I've had slower drivers that just wanted to keep up with the faster ones ...
I've had drivers of slower cars that just wanted to keep up with the fast cars ...
And I've had people that didn't have any clue at all what was going on, just wondering that they
had endless grip on one day and skidding all over the track on the other ...
And I don't know who to blame : Them, PD for missing on this ... or myself for making a big thing out of it.

Am I off topic somehow ?
Sorry guys :gtpflag:.

BTW back on the happier side meanwhile 👍.

I had to remind myself why I do QM's a few months ago when I got close to quitting them because of the SRF bug. I'm there for the racing with a slim chance of winning.

The best defense I've found to use against them is by refusing to race them if they're running SRF times. I make it as easy as possible for them to pass and if they stick around for another race, leave. If everyone did that, they'll have an empty room and have to reconnect with a chance of no SRF in the next room. A weak defense but I'd rather not see them using it all than go back to being angry at them. Quick match wins are cheap anyway.

The overall race and win counts will be tallied up in your general Stats page, but as for the individual car's wins or race counts, they have never been counted where the QM's are concerned. I'm not even sure if the mileage counts on the cars when doing the QM's tbh. But if you do the "Online A-Spec" races, those wins, race counts and mileage will accrue on each car and the general GT6 Stats page.

Cheers

That's what I've always known to be true, but I am getting some wins credited to the car, on the garage page where you see the pic of the car and avatar, and the stats. I just cked this moment, and it shows one more win from this morning. I guess this must be a glitch. It happens on both my accounts.

Yeah I get weird mileage and win counts also. Don't care in the end, especially because the car doesn't wear the oil out as quick if it only counts a few to the actual ten or whatever races.

When I ride bumpers and make people :scared:, to me is a good show and fun. I get messages from people about that stuff. Good race, good racing, that was fun, etc.

I was helping a friend do some real life shifter kart stuff today, pretty neat, and we got to talking about how Lewis Hamilton mentions how he hopes the fans liked the show. Bernie always pushed to be putting on a good show. Yeah, great show HAM when you're 20 seconds ahead of everyone else (or whoever it is).

I had to remind myself why I do QM's a few months ago when I got close to quitting them because of the SRF bug. I'm there for the racing with a slim chance of winning.

Thank you very much ... for being honest 👍.
You're there for a chance of winning ! I think we're all there for a chance of winning !
There's nothing wrong with it when based on driving skill, racecraft, maybe tuning skill, maybe car choice.
Competition ( aiming at being better than your opponent ) is part of racing as far as I understand,
no matter if you're running midpack or up front - that's fun and satisfying as long as it's clean.

I had some great wheel-to-wheel action yesterday night with a driver from Argentina.
He was a good one - using the same car. We approached the second Tsukuba hairpin side by side, did the
turn without the slightest contact, lined up on the backstraight with my left wheels on the white line
and 10 cm between the cars - perfect. I won that race but it wasn't important at all ... I messaged him
right after to thank him for the clean battle.

Getting back to that SRF thing and just to sum it up for now :
I think what bothers me most is the injustice within, with that chance of winning being taken from me by
a cheat.

Btw I don't think QM wins are cheap - or did I get you wrong ?

fun and satisfying as long as it's clean.

I had some great wheel-to-wheel action

I won that race but it wasn't important at all ... I messaged him

That's what I'm talking about is better than blowing the entire field away (especially when using SRF). 👍

DM--77. In case you're an alien in disguise I'll apologise )

That name rings a bell. I think it was him I was racing last night. I say racing, I didn't get any where near him. We were both in RX500s. For me a good race time is 5:28 or so. He did a 5:14. That's nearly 3s a lap. I know there are plenty of faster drivers and better tuners than me but an alien could probably only beat me by a couple of seconds at the most here. He's obviously a very good driver and without srf he would still have probably beat me. But we could at least have had a race. I don't understand the mentality. I suppose it's some kind of ego thing, showing how much faster they are. But in reality they don't have much fun and everybody thinks they are a 🤬. I'd rather lose a close battle with a clean, skilled racer than drive off into the distance feeling pleased with myself.

I can run 5:20 if I'm on the ball 100% and start in the top few places. 5 laps times 1.x second each lap faster means SRF to me. Especially in a 1 minute per lap race. I would gladly be wrong and accept I'm not the fastest out there, as I know judging by my TT results, but I can see their cars doing the impossible without SRF. It's subtle but I see it. Nevermind looking at their TT event results where they can't use the SRF hack.

Thank you very much ... for being honest 👍.
You're there for a chance of winning ! I think we're all there for a chance of winning !
There's nothing wrong with it when based on driving skill, racecraft, maybe tuning skill, maybe car choice.
Competition ( aiming at being better than your opponent ) is part of racing as far as I understand,
no matter if you're running midpack or up front - that's fun and satisfying as long as it's clean.

I had some great wheel-to-wheel action yesterday night with a driver from Argentina.
He was a good one - using the same car. We approached the second Tsukuba hairpin side by side, did the
turn without the slightest contact, lined up on the backstraight with my left wheels on the white line
and 10 cm between the cars - perfect. I won that race but it wasn't important at all ... I messaged him

Getting back to that SRF thing and just to sum it up for now :
I think what bothers me most is the injustice within, with that chance of winning being taken from me by
a cheat.

Btw I don't think QM wins are cheap - or did I get you wrong ?

I like winning races but only if I feel like I've earned them. Otherwise they feel cheap.

We've got differing opinions on competition. Competition means (ideally) a group of similarly skilled people competing against each other. If you've got someone much better, it's not so much a competition any more, more of a showcase for their talent as they're expected to win.

With SRF, your only option is ignoring the people who use it. They're mildly irritating getting the wins but they're seriously irritating in any wheel to wheel action. They can run rings round non SRF in the corners so I don't see the point in racing them.

That name rings a bell. I think it was him I was racing last night. I say racing, I didn't get any where near him. We were both in RX500s. For me a good race time is 5:28 or so. He did a 5:14. That's nearly 3s a lap. I know there are plenty of faster drivers and better tuners than me but an alien could probably only beat me by a couple of seconds at the most here. He's obviously a very good driver and without srf he would still have probably beat me. But we could at least have had a race. I don't understand the mentality. I suppose it's some kind of ego thing, showing how much faster they are. But in reality they don't have much fun and everybody thinks they are a 🤬. I'd rather lose a close battle with a clean, skilled racer than drive off into the distance feeling pleased with myself.

Hi guys, this is my first intervention here, even if I'm a regular reader. Proud to join your group :-)

I noticed something about SRF that can also explain why some drivers are so fast, also compared to other SRF drivers. The benefit of SRF is not only a special modification to the driving physics system in order to help prevent a car from oversteering and understeering, it's also a system to transform a light slippage into a kind of extra power. Some guys intentionally tune their car to have this extra power "automatically" and for almost a full race. It's a really perverted behaviour, but don't you think these same guys aren't different in real life ? do you agree with this ?

Oh, that was massive reply 👍 !

You made me think about myself ( I still do ) ... and that is good.
You all have got some strong standpoint which is simply admirable.
And to know how everyone of you is dealing with the problem helped a lot. So thank you all.

@ColinChapman
I of course noticed the likes you gave for some time now so I awaited your first post to be honest :).
Welcome on board.

SRF in QM is an issue, isn't it ?
As far as I know SRF is an algorithm that increases grip by about 30 percent ( right ? )
when tires begin to skid.
To get the biggest benefit out of it, you may want to change driving lines, inputs, even the
car settings that you use without SRF.

... don't you think these same guys aren't different in real life ? do you agree with this ?

Not sure about your question.
The guys I came to know probably aren't the kind of people I would want to have around me irl.
During a Fuji QM I had a little conversation with an infamous Scandinavian power user.
He's a fast guy with lots of skill I think based on some TT ranks, but he used SRF, did the
chicane shortcut and used these super-wide lines leaving the track at certain turns.
He told me he uses his own line to avoid rammers ( being way ahead of the field ) and
he uses SRF 'cos he needs to beat another idiot driver he hates ( ridiculous ).
Anything left to say :lol: ?

Last edited:
That one's definitely a SRF user, uses a variety of cars, but always too fast to be true.

I usually run 5:25 in the RX500, a guy running one last night was running sub-5:20 nearly every race - so fast round the corners that it had to be SRF assisted.

I tried a few rooms last night, and found some of the regular SRF users in every room! Tried one last one, thought 'oh no, another one here', only to find that he must have been driving his gixxer without SRF, as he was unable to keep up with me - perhaps he's finally realised the error of his ways.....

Hi guys, this is my first intervention here, even if I'm a regular reader. Proud to join your group :-)

I noticed something about SRF that can also explain why some drivers are so fast, also compared to other SRF drivers. The benefit of SRF is not only a special modification to the driving physics system in order to help prevent a car from oversteering and understeering, it's also a system to transform a light slippage into a kind of extra power. Some guys intentionally tune their car to have this extra power "automatically" and for almost a full race. It's a really perverted behaviour, but don't you think these same guys aren't different in real life ? do you agree with this ?
True, there are always those who work hard for things in life (real or digital), and others who always look for the easy way....

The grip from SRF means you struggle to overwhelm the tires and can carry a lot more corner, entry and exit speed (and confidence...) while no SRF has a finite level of grip based on the tires used. Get close to that level and you'll lose corner speed through scrubbing and sliding. SRF=huge mechanical grip so I think I understand where you're coming from.

The only label I can give (while keeping it polite...) to someone knowingly using SRF or a short cut is lazy. They can have the cheap credits and artificially inflated win count but they mean nothing if they consider how they got them.

You've got to wonder, if SRF was turned on for everyone, would they still play? They would easily be outrun by the majority of people in this thread and would soon have a reality check on their real speed.

I certainly wouldn't. I prefer to drive to my own limit rather than the exaggerated SRF limit.

I think if it got turned on though, a lot of others would have the same viewpoint but I imagine a few people will stick around to offer a bit of comeuppance to the SRF regulars who've plagued the game for the last couple of years, before moving on. Offer them a bit of a reality check.

I certainly wouldn't. I prefer to drive to my own limit rather than the exaggerated SRF limit.

I think if it got turned on though, a lot of others would have the same viewpoint but I imagine a few people will stick around to offer a bit of comeuppance to the SRF regulars who've plagued the game for the last couple of years, before moving on. Offer them a bit of a reality check.
It would be quite a shock when they realise they're not as fast as they think they are!

It would be quite a shock when they realise they're not as fast as they think they are!

I think they know how fast/good they are, thats why they turn the SRF on.
Had fun last night getting my 🤬 handed to me (again and again :scared::mad::irked::rolleyes::)) by @ROCKET JOE in his ridiculously fast RX500, apart from a suspected SRF runner its the quickest Mazda I have come across to date, sure I messed up @BALDY500 's race the night before (apologies mate :embarrassed:) and encountered @Mwerte on the darkside joining me (:embarrassed: again) in exacting revenge on NotMoparBarrett (welcome brother)

I noticed at the new Seasonals our SRF Canadian pal, Pjc414 or something was doing quite well. So, he is fast but maybe he likes that extra second or whatever gain from SRF so he can win every time.

I noticed at the new Seasonals our SRF Canadian pal, Pjc414 or something was doing quite well. So, he is fast but maybe he likes that extra second or whatever gain from SRF so he can win every time.

Lol, I saw that too. He isn't quite as prone to ramming, but maybe a lot of the folks know the chaos he causes an avoid him. I've been doing well with the RX500, then ran into another Canadian "friend" that's getting mid to low 1:02's with the same car.

A lot of folks are running FF cars the last few days. Nice to see the variety. They could be quite competitive if there was a rolling start.

Last edited:

Hi and welcome here .... my first post was about the same thing SRT .
I dont mind if someone is a bug user its not a cheat it s a bug that GT didnt take the time to fix ... but what i cant accept its that they dont drive clean .... and try their best to overtake at the first attempt even if he bump u push u and if u have to fight to keep ur position and because SRT give them more stability and more grip ... u ll lose control and spin before him
It s just not fair

Last edited:
Regarding players who ram other cars, brake check, ignore track limits and such. Dirty drivers are annoying, I'd rather not race with them & I don't respect them.

Are they breaking the rules of Gran Turismo though? I don't think there's anything in any terms and conditions for online play stating that we must race to the same rules as organised motorsports. They've bought a game & are free to play it their way, even those players who go the wrong way round the track or wait at a corner hoping to smash into the leaders when they come round on the next lap. These people are irritating but they're not cheaters.

The trolls have their own agenda and easily (usually) dealt with but taking advantage of short cuts and knowingly using SRF can only be classed as cheating.

The trolls have their own agenda and easily (usually) dealt with but taking advantage of short cuts and knowingly using SRF can only be classed as cheating.
In a sense, yes they're cheating. They're breaking what would be the rules if any rules had been set.
Technically though, they aren't breaking any rules.

Edit: You might have a point about those who knowingly use the SRF bug if they know it's supposed to be disabled for the event they're in. I'm not 100% sure though.

Last edited:
Back