Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Hello
I try tokyo ... well i have one word for it .. it s full of yobbos ....cutting first turn and they re mising the best part ...heavy breaking .. sound of downshifting is just awesome under the buildings and the bridge...and the worst is the car... too much oversteer for a FR car ..
The ring in the other hand is much better ... i admit is full of srfusers
Hoping the next TT event will be a nice one

I was constantly (intentionally) sliding the car but after listening to what @8l23ub said about keeping the the car within its grip limit, I made a fair amount of progress with it last night. A couple of 45.2's without drafts and a 23.3 total plus more time to be had if I attack the line instead of playing it safe.

It's not all bad with the wall riders like I thought though. In a room with about 7 or 8 others last night and didn't see a single person doing it. There was a bit of hip and shoulder for some of them but as a whole, some really good competition.

Had a really good tip sent by zeitgeistmusic at Cape Ring last night that I didn't know about. No false starts. No wonder I was such a slow starter compared to everyone else. Must start reading the fine print...:dunce:

The false start thing may be in operation at R246 too, had been getting mugged before turn one off the start line every time until the other night when I was revving before the lights and forgot to hold the brakes, the lights went out and the car just launched perfectly, first laps went from +1m55's to -1m53's.

I was constantly (intentionally) sliding the car but after listening to what @8l23ub said about keeping the the car within its grip limit, I made a fair amount of progress with it last night. A couple of 45.2's without drafts and a 23.3 total plus more time to be had if I attack the line instead of playing . . .

Ok you can slow down now . . . :D

👍

And finally, in the 'well I never knew that' category

Last edited:
It's Bathurst time again this coming weekend. One last chance for PD to a V8 Supercar QM. :nervous:
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

Ok you can slow down now . . . :D

👍

And finally, in the 'well I never knew that' category

Had the privilege of watching DK Mar strutting his stuff at Tokyo. A 41 lap (several times) and an 11 total.

Several polite (honestly) SRF related messages later, no chance of him ever turning it off. Taking the easy option instead of battling.:rolleyes:

It bugs me that I can't see where I stand on pace with them.

Had several affairs with other threads the last week :sly: - been back to QM yesterday night for a couple of Ring races.
I'm getting up to speed there step by step, 4.54.xxx was my best run and matches what I could manage six months ago.

Had the privilege of watching DK Mar strutting his stuff at Tokyo. A 41 lap (several times) and an 11 total.

Several polite (honestly) SRF related messages later, no chance of him ever turning it off. Taking the easy option instead of battling.:rolleyes:

That That 👍👍 !!

I think he's battling Mr. Invisible ( could be a Russian driver for example ).

It bugs me that I can't see where I stand on pace with them.

And That 👍 !

I for one think he'd be beating me anyway ( according to TT results of numbah4e ), the other one too.
I do arcade SRF tests if the car can be recreated ( the two recent Tsukuba events, Deep Forest event, ... ) and I get into their
range ( one or two tenths per lap ) within half an hour. As for the current Cape Ring event I'm sure the gap would be bigger.
The one thing I don't dare judging is their being used to SRF and all the tricks within.

I could never get the hang of SRF enough to push its boundaries but they (DM-77 too) certainly have. They're easily the quickest I've seen using it.

I think there are several people in this thread (including yourself) who'd be on an equal SRF pace with them though, given as much practice as they've had. I don't think they're anywhere near as good as their SRF makes them out to be.

I could never get the hang of SRF enough to push its boundaries but they (DM-77 too) certainly have. They're easily the quickest I've seen using it.

I think there are several people in this thread (including yourself) who'd be on an equal SRF pace with them though, given as much practice as they've had. I don't think they're anywhere near as good as their SRF makes them out to be.

The great unknown ...
I've had a friend in the GT5 era, who didn't have any chance in any TT we both did, even with PD given cars. He usually was about 3 sec slower on a 1.40 lap, but I couldn't win a race with SRF against him :confused: ...

Sidenote:
Tried to enter the Cape Ring event yesterday night and had massive connection issues. Anyone else noticed that ?

Well...i did a mistake yesterday..by trying assetto....i shouldnt have :nervous: ...too awesome and no cheaters there ...i m sick of the lates batchs...TT events worst
So i ll see u all in GTS ...and now my expectation are very high of GTS....ASSETTO is just the bizniz

Well...i did a mistake yesterday..by trying assetto....i shouldnt have :nervous: ...too awesome and no cheaters there ...i m sick of the lates batchs...TT events worst
So i ll see u all in GTS ...and now my expectation are very high of GTS....ASSETTO is just the bizniz
Make sure you come back, won't be the same without you!

Nope, perfect yesterday at Cape Ring. We missed you

Hey SEVY, miss you too. I admit I've been engaged in time trialing more than usual. A few races at Cape Ring but never met anybody. No spectacular stories on your side ? Never ghosted through Canada or brakechecked Belgium :lol: ?
Guess I'll be back for more races soon :D ...

Would be great to have little reports on other games like @StirlingMoose or @Mwerte did 👍 ... if anyone tries them.

The bigger mistake was telling us about it :irked: :lol: !

Sorry about that ...i ll rectify now:
Assetto is not that good ... i mean even u have the best tracks there Imola zoodveert mugello.....etc no cape ring or tsukuba :D and the worst thing they dont have on their carlist the suzuki gsx-r and that s too bad:D:D
Plus they try to give us the real simulation but its too much real ...for ex the vibration is so intense under breaking my steering wheel came off ( its a lie )
And compare to GT6 the AI is just too much hard ... it break later than me :mad::mad:
Make sure you come back, won't be the same without you!
Well i m not going anywhere i did buy GTS ...i ll be back the October 18th

Assetto is not that good ... compare to GT6 the AI is just too much hard ... it break later than me :mad::mad:

Of course they do, they are cheaters with SRF on :odd: !

Seriously, I thought about buying it.
Would you be as bold to test it with a DS4 ? ... and tell us your impressions ?
I'll add a handling bonus on my side 'cos you're not used to that thingy :lol: ...

Of course they do, they are cheaters with SRF on :odd: !

Seriously, I thought about buying it.
Would you be as bold to test it with a DS4 ? ... and tell us your impressions ?
I'll add a handling bonus on my side 'cos you're not used to that thingy :lol: ...
What's a DS4 ??

Back