Upgrading from a TX for GT Sport, CSL Elite or T-GT?

Which Wheel base?

• Fanatec CSL

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Thrustmaster T-GT

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • T300 base

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrDavid5465

Automobile Enthusiast
Premium
Canada
SSM, ON
MrDavid5465
MrDavid5465
I'm looking to upgrade from my TX (which I bought before the t300rs came out) with t3pa-pro pedals and th8rs. I play mostly on PC and the only title on PS4 that I am interested in playing is GT Sport.

I'm looking at a CSL Elite PS4 with Clubsport v3 pedals, shifter and handbrake and the universal hub (I already have a 13" suede rim)
(I would then sell my tx, th8rs, and t3pa-pro pedals and my ferrari GTE wheel which I would expect approximately $500)

$1500 - $500 = $1000 cost
OR

T-GT with ricmotech's loadcell mod for my t3pa-pro's with a th8a (so that i can have a handbrake) and a TM Sparco Rally Wheel
(I would sell just the TX with my 13" suede rim and throw in the t3-gt's for $250)
$1058 - $250 = $808 cost

The Thrustmaster route is cheaper and as far as I know it will work better with GT Sport, but the Fanatec will be the better PC experience especially with the shifter/handbrake and pedals (that clutch though... I've been drooling over the clubsport v3's for years) I did find a mod () for the clutch feel so the pedal features would be the same.

I want to know - price aside - Which wheel base is better?
I've seen that some users have had FFB issues (pendulum effect) in GT Sport with the Fanatec, but the t-gt can apparently feel notchy? Have some of the fanatec issues been addressed?

Is either base compatible with ps3?

I'm looking to upgrade from my TX (which I bought before the t300rs came out) with t3pa-pro pedals and th8rs. I play mostly on PC and the only title on PS4 that I am interested in playing is GT Sport.

I'm looking at a CSL Elite PS4 with Clubsport v3 pedals, shifter and handbrake and the universal hub (I already have a 13" suede rim)
(I would then sell my tx, th8rs, and t3pa-pro pedals and my ferrari GTE wheel which I would expect approximately $500)

$1500 - $500 = $1000 cost
OR

T-GT with ricmotech's loadcell mod for my t3pa-pro's with a th8a (so that i can have a handbrake) and a TM Sparco Rally Wheel
(I would sell just the TX with my 13" suede rim and throw in the t3-gt's for $250)
$1058 - $250 = $808 cost

The Thrustmaster route is cheaper and as far as I know it will work better with GT Sport, but the Fanatec will be the better PC experience especially with the shifter/handbrake and pedals (that clutch though... I've been drooling over the clubsport v3's for years) I did find a mod () for the clutch feel so the pedal features would be the same.

I want to know - price aside - Which wheel base is better?
I've seen that some users have had FFB issues (pendulum effect) in GT Sport with the Fanatec, but the t-gt can apparently feel notchy? Have some of the fanatec issues been addressed?

Is either base compatible with ps3?

To be honest both would not be a significant upgrade from a TX. If you are serious about your hobby, I would save some more money and get the upcoming Fanatec Podium DD. Get a drivehub to use your TM pedals and TH8 with the Fanatec wheel and upgrade them down the line. Fanatec Podium series shifter and pedals are in development. I am sure those will be a lot better then the V3's.

The step from tx(4nm) to t-gt(7nm) is atm the best option for gt-sport and you can keep your current pedals and shifter.
csl is weaker(less torque) than the t-gt, what idiots vote for that? LOL :)
Buying a csl would mean, you need fanatec pedals+fanatec shifter too. ($$$)
End of the year(hopefully) new wheel from fanatec 15nm dd with ps4/pc compatibility, but no price yet and nobody know when it will release.

The price of the T-GT is a complete joke compared to the CSL Elite, which is why it is massively discounted now compared to it's normal retail price. The CSL Elite Pedals with LoadCell brake are amazing for the price as well so that is another option that is much cheaper than the v3s. I find the CSL Elite much smoother and faster than older TM bases and even the T-GT, with more torque than most people will actually want to use. I don't think the T-GT really offers any advantage in GT Sport. It has dedicated knobs to make adjustments, but all these adjustments are extremely easy to make on the CSL Elite as well with the included P1 wheel, which again is a much nicer wheel than the one included on the T-GT. The T-GT is good, the CSL Elite is better.

I am using the CSL Elite and CLS Elite pedals, CS shifter and handbrake and will be going to the Podium stuff as it becomes available. If I were you I would just wait until the Podium PS4 becomes available, and hopefully some nice Podium pedals will happen sometime next year.

Then again Podium stuff may require a cockpit upgrade as well.

The step from tx(4nm) to t-gt(7nm) is atm the best option for gt-sport and you can keep your current pedals and shifter.
csl is weaker(less torque) than the t-gt, what idiots vote for that? LOL :)
Buying a csl would mean, you need fanatec pedals+fanatec shifter too. ($$$)
End of the year(hopefully) new wheel from fanatec 15nm dd with ps4/pc compatibility, but no price yet and nobody know when it will release.

According to my knowledge the csl and T-gt have about the same torque. You can use a drivehub to combine TM and Fanatec gear on console.

From where do you have that figure?

CSL is smoother, faster and with less internal friction.

The problem with fanatec is you cant try them out in a retail environment. Also the T-GT is more plug and play friendly. I have noted posts in this forum that the CSL-E does have some quirks (FEI setting to fix loud noise) and needs some tweaking to get your personal preference. But that can be a plus if you like higher customization.

The price of the T-GT is a complete joke compared to the CSL Elite, which is why it is massively discounted now compared to it's normal retail price. The CSL Elite Pedals with LoadCell brake are amazing for the price as well so that is another option that is much cheaper than the v3s. I find the CSL Elite much smoother and faster than older TM bases and even the T-GT, with more torque than most people will actually want to use. I don't think the T-GT really offers any advantage in GT Sport. It has dedicated knobs to make adjustments, but all these adjustments are extremely easy to make on the CSL Elite as well with the included P1 wheel, which again is a much nicer wheel than the one included on the T-GT. The T-GT is good, the CSL Elite is better.

I am using the CSL Elite and CLS Elite pedals, CS shifter and handbrake and will be going to the Podium stuff as it becomes available. If I were you I would just wait until the Podium PS4 becomes available, and hopefully some nice Podium pedals will happen sometime next year.

Then again Podium stuff may require a cockpit upgrade as well.

Both are great wheels. In the end OP will be the happiest with the ecosystem (shifter, wheel rims, future upgrades etc.) he is most interested in investing in the future.

Hands down csl elite. From what i have felt csl is smoother, faster, 30cm wheel, fully customizable built in rev lights at least. The gimmick of the tgt is nice. I liked it but i chose the csl

Attachments

• Hazet-5108-2CT-5108-2CT-Drehmomentschluessel-mit-Umschaltknarre-1-4-6.3-mm-2.5-25-Nm.jpg
    Hazet-5108-2CT-5108-2CT-Drehmomentschluessel-mit-Umschaltknarre-1-4-6.3-mm-2.5-25-Nm.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 26
  • goobay-digitale-kofferwaage.jpg
    goobay-digitale-kofferwaage.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,005
If GTS ist important, just as it was for me, I would go for the T-GT. I did go down this route, upgrading from a T300, even if I paid the full 800 Euro price tag, cause GTS support was important to me. If GTS isn't important, than I would also vote for the CSL Elite.
Fyi, my current setup is, T-GT wheel, T3PA-Pro pedals with the Ricmotech Loadcell Kit and for the F1 games series, I also bought the TS-PC F1 add-on separately & BT-Leds.

looks like i have a someone who got similar problem with me lol

but for 200 dollar differences and you got clubsport V3 pedal, that is absolute worth price to go

in my case, i have to add another 500 dollar and just got CSl Elite pedal LC which very very confusing

From the discussion, I can take that the bases are very similar. From further research into the wheel bases, the Fanatec aims more at the enthusiast and focuses on making it easy adjust the feel on the fly. As far as ecosystems go, I like the Fanatec peripherals better, and their quick release system is really enticing. I may actually go with the McLaren wheel instead of the universal hub right away as it has those sweet clutch paddles and the CSL LC pedals to save a buck. It will put it at the same price as the T-GT setup.

From the discussion, I can take that the bases are very similar. From further research into the wheel bases, the Fanatec aims more at the enthusiast and focuses on making it easy adjust the feel on the fly. As far as ecosystems go, I like the Fanatec peripherals better, and their quick release system is really enticing. I may actually go with the McLaren wheel instead of the universal hub right away as it has those sweet clutch paddles and the CSL LC pedals to save a buck. It will put it at the same price as the T-GT setup.

It is a choice of ecosystem essentially. And I would choose Fanatec if you ever plan to invest more in this hobby. They just have more available and coming down the road.

Back