usb stick

breakpoint

Return of the Krugen
Premium
United States
Huntsville, Alabama.
LEGION138
Does anyone know if i can use a usb mem stick to transfer data from pc to ps2? Lets say hybrids and games saves. Its much cheaper than a xport is the reason im wondering.

Yes, you can use it to transfer files but you can't make hybrids with it. The files are not compatible with mk's.

One thing that's interesting is that if you get yourself an Action Replay Max (which these days is a CD only tool for PS2, a cartridge is no longer needed!), you can use just about any USB stick and aren't limited to the 16mb Max Drive from Datel.

@matthjosh: the problem with the Max drive software is that the files you transfer from your memory card to the USB stick and hence to your PC are compressed and possibly encrypted. This means that a tool that reads or modifies gamesaves will have trouble with these kinds of files. The now discontinued X-Port v2 created files that were not compressed or encrypted, and hence easy to read and/or modify. So until someone figures out how to decrypt/decompress .max files and/or a converter is released by Datel, the .max files are less useful than the .xps files produced by the X-Port.

I'd personally really like to make the Replay Manager compatible with the .max files as I do like the new system a lot - fast and easy, and no need for a direct link from PS2 to PC, but so far I can't do a thing about it, and with Gran Turismo 4: Prologue not having comment fields, working with the .max files becomes hell - they all look alike and there's hardly any way to tell which file is which replay.

I borrowed a 64mb usb stick from a friend. Needless to say my PS2 will not recognize it.

breakpoint
I borrowed a 64mb usb stick from a friend. Needless to say my PS2 will not recognize it.

But it would if you were running the Max Drive software from the Action Replay Max DVD ...

what about that hard drive sony has out with the final fantasy game.i know a place where the sell the disc to boot the hard drive so all i have to buy is the hd and the internet conection for the ps2 to connect to my pc.will that work.

Back