Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,668 comments
I still think the best solution for race cars and old rare road cars are auctions, to mimic real life. Not against other players though like Forza, program AI to bid against you. Some you'll win, some you'll lose.
Daily Reward wheel flashbacks. We'll put the 20M Cr. cars on there but you'll never win them. Ever.

A few months ago I made a list of some GT Sport cars that are likely to appear on GT7 as used cars. Now I decided to make another list, but this time predicting cars that last appeared on Gran Turismo 6 that are likely to return and show on GT7 as used cars in my opinion.

My same theories apply here:
1 - Only 1980-2010 models would take part in the UCD;
2 - Those very exotic/expensive/rare/exclusive cars would be excluded, even if it's between '80 and '10;
3 - No race cars, obviously.

Abarth Grande Punto '09
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00
Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99
Audi quattro '82
Audi RS 6 Avant '08
BMW 135i Coupé '07
BMW M5 '08
BMW Z4 '03
BMW Z4 M Coupé '08
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Daihatsu Midget II D type '98
Dodge SRT4 '03
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari California '08
Ferrari F430 '06
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Ford Focus RS '02
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '91
Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
Honda CR-Z α '10
Honda FIT RS '10
Honda INSIGHT LS '09
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC '91
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Jaguar XKR Coupe '99
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Lexus IS F '07
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Lotus Evora '09
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda DEMIO GL-X '99
Mazda DEMIO SPORT '10
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
Mitsubishi ECLIPSE GT '95
Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '97
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '96
Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION '00
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Nissan March 12SR '07
Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '96
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85
Peugeot 206 S16 '99
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
Peugeot 307 CC Premium AVN '04
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04
Renault R5 Turbo '80
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. '08
RUF CTR2 '96
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi (Type-II) '02
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07
Subaru LEGACY B4 RSK '98
Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
Suzuki CERVO SR '07
Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster '08
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
Toyota ALTEZZA RS200 '98
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91
Toyota PRIUS G '09
Toyota Vitz F '99
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07
TVR Griffith 500 '94
TVR Tamora '02
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
Volvo C30 R-Design '09

Last edited:
I think what would be ideal is that all the cars in the UCD would be exclusive to it, but you could also cycle through the UCD in about six months or less, rather than a year or more. I think it could be a lot like the GT4 UCD, while also being much more conservative in how many cars are there. IMO GT4 had too many - and I think it says something that there were like, three UCDs! But I think the fact we've only seen one so far actually bodes well; there are enough cars in GT7 that a UCD is needed, but not too many insofar that we need multiple UCDs.

Now, this may be controversial, but I'd be fine if the cars you bought there were actually new, and you didn't need to change the oil - or even have a way to do so. I think that'd sort of streamline things. But the car's still "yours" to tune up and add all sorts of parts, especially from what we can see in that initial trailer. And then meanwhile, the actual dealership could showcase relatively newer models, as well as being a place to buy racecars and much more historic models. Something like the Supra A80 would be in the UCD, but not the Supra A90, y'know? And it's not like I'd be including rare or expensive older models in there, either - just more "common" stuff. I could even see the BMW M3 E46 being in there, but not the M3 E30 Sport Evolution, as another example. On that note, I sort of hope the GT7 UCD isn't just filled with 90s JDM cars. While I do think that's where they could be found, I hope there's a wide variety of models in the UCD for players, both JDM and otherwise.

Last edited:
I think you can make a huge variaty with a "lot" less cars too. Imagine the "used" cars to be actually used. I mean, the cars could have custom liveries, wheels, even some installed upgrades like a racing air filter or something. To that also comes the milage and the overall condition. I just wish the cars we can find there had their own histories.
I know, I am a big dreamer but who knows? :sly:

I don't think old race cars should be excluded from the UCD. There is a real world market for used race cars. Here in Australia, there is a trophy series for older GT3 cars.

I understand PD would give choices like the F1 and DBR9 for FIA selections. There are players that would prefer to use them. However, it's a chance to clean that up, by sticking those cars in the UCD. Having up to date cars as choices for FIA.

We've seen the Group C and DTM cars in past UCDs. If we got up to date GT4/TCR/GR.4 cars, the UCD is the perfect place to put the Megane Trophy, Scirocco, TT Cup, Vantage, etc.

Last edited:
On that note, I sort of hope the GT7 UCD isn't just filled with 90s JDM cars. While I do think that's where they could be found, I hope there's a wide variety of models in the UCD for players, both JDM and otherwise.

I'm sure there will be. I'm willing to bet even cars we consider fairly modern, like the 2006 Ford GT will end up being a rare exclusive to the UCD since the 2017 GT is in the game. I could picture myself spending a lot of time looking for one with low miles.

If we look at the vehicles added to GT Sport, you'll find that many of them are older models which have either been succeeded or discontinued:
'99 Integra Type R
'98 Honda Civic Type R
'99 Honda S2000
'91 Honda NSX Type R
'96 Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS
'01 Porsche 911 GT3
'81 Porsche 911 Turbo
'08 Porsche 911 GT3
'71 De Tomaso Pantera
'78 Pontiac Firebird
'93 Nissan GT-R R32
'96 Nissan GT-R R33
'00 Nissan GT-R R34
'65 Shelby Cobra
'65 Shelby GT350
'71 Mustang Mach 1
'69 Ford GT
'06 Ford GT
'11 Ford Raptor
'92 Ferrari F40
'95 Ferrari F50
'02 Ferrari Enzo
'71 Dodge Challenger
'99 Dodge Viper
'05 Dodge Viper
'69 Chevrolet Camaro
'71 Chevrolet Corvette
'64 Chevrolet Corvette
'92 BMW E30 M3
'04 BMW E46 M3
'07 BMW E92 M3
'79 Lancia Stratos
'92 Lancia Delta Integrale
'97 Toyota Supra RZ
'96 Toyota MR-2
'85 Toyota Trueno GT-Apex
'85 Toyota Levin Sprinter
'96 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
'91 Mazda MX-5 NA
'92 Mazda RX-7 FC
'02 Mazda RX-7 FD

Not a bad starting point to be honest.

Last edited:
Okay, what I'll say now is controversial.

The more 90s JDMs the better. Bring on the essence of the series in largest numbers.
No, it's not that I don't want 90s JDM cars in the UCD - as I do think that's where they belong - but I think there should be a wider variety of cars in the UCD in addition to that. Stuff that's older, but not rare. So like I mentioned, the BMW M3 E46 would go there, but not the BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution, since the latter was a much rarer variant of the M3 E30. As another user mentioned, I could see something like the first-gen Ford GT being in there, too, but not some rare model where less than a thousand were made, such as the McLaren F1, the BMW 507, the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110, or the Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype.

Honestly, if I had to pick a number, I'd have any given car in the UCD have a minimum real-world production figure of 2,000 units. Anything that had less than 2,000 units produced would be buyable from the dealership, whether from the main showroom, a historic showroom like in GT4, or something similar.

EDIT: On another note, with so many race cars being available, I wonder if each manufacturer should have a separate showroom for race cars? That said, I also wonder if having a separate showroom for VGTs like in GT Sport is necessary as well. I'd personally only have showrooms that can have a healthy population of cars in each of them, so perhaps I wouldn't have a separate VGT showroom, but replace it with a showroom for racecars. But I digress.

Last edited:
I wonder if having the UCD brings back real world days of the year. I mean, we have how many days logged on and how many days we play the game in GTS. I remember, the UCD would count the days(i remember "speeding up" the days by jumping in and out to change the car line up) and a new batch of cars would be added. Could that also mean Log in bonuses possibly return?

Honestly, something that would be cool to have would be a used car dealer for run of the mill older cars, a dealer for some of the older "average" supercars, and an AI-powered auction house for some of the more ultra desirable cars (250 GTO, Miura, etc).

No, it's not that I don't want 90s JDM cars in the UCD - as I do think that's where they belong - but I think there should be a wider variety of cars in the UCD in addition to that. Stuff that's older, but not rare. So like I mentioned, the BMW M3 E46 would go there, but not the BMW M3 E30 Sport Evolution, since the latter was a much rarer variant of the M3 E30. As another user mentioned, I could see something like the first-gen Ford GT being in there, too, but not some rare model where less than a thousand were made, such as the McLaren F1, the BMW 507, the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110, or the Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype.

Honestly, if I had to pick a number, I'd have any given car in the UCD have a minimum real-world production figure of 2,000 units. Anything that had less than 2,000 units produced would be buyable from the dealership, whether from the main showroom, a historic showroom like in GT4, or something similar.

EDIT: On another note, with so many race cars being available, I wonder if each manufacturer should have a separate showroom for race cars? That said, I also wonder if having a separate showroom for VGTs like in GT Sport is necessary as well. I'd personally only have showrooms that can have a healthy population of cars in each of them, so perhaps I wouldn't have a separate VGT showroom, but replace it with a showroom for racecars. But I digress.
In GT4, there are Legendary Cars/Classics. Cars like McLaren F1 or M3 E30 would belong there.

In GT4, there are Legendary Cars/Classics. Cars like McLaren F1 or M3 E30 would belong there.
I thought there was just a showroom for the 80s, one for the 90s, and then a showroom titled "historic" for anything older. I don't remember a showroom in GT4 by the name you're mentioning.

I thought there was just a showroom for the 80s, one for the 90s, and then a showroom titled "historic" for anything older. I don't remember a showroom in GT4 by the name you're mentioning.

186476-gran-turismo-4-playstation-2-screenshot-toyota-car-shop-tuning.jpg

On the NTSC version (which is probably the one you played judging by your region), the "Legendary Cars" section is called "Classics", but it's the exact same thing.

View attachment 983501

On the NTSC version (which is probably the one you played judging by your region), the "Legendary Cars" section is called "Classics", but it's the exact same thing.
Ah, I suppose that solves that mystery. Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea, to have stuff like the Miura Prototype there, as well as the M3 E30 Sport Evolution. Those, and classic race cars.

Last edited:
View attachment 983501

It's seen here man, cars like Viper 02 is in Used Cars Dealership.
1631254383731.png

And Viper GTS '97 was actually in the Legendary Cars for GT4 @MIE1992, along with Dodge Super Bee there.

But I wish that every menu has a representation like how GT Auto does (in a car service place, for others like how Garage displays cars in garage, tuning displays cars in tuning shop, dealership displays cars in dealership, etc.)

1631254675817.png

Last edited:
I think it will be the classic used car dealership with a scripted selection. Not a social feature.

Last edited:
It would be nice if the USD had cars with like non OEM wheels and maybe some wacky colour schemes and even decals and body mods.

They arent going to have paint wear like rust as that would be too much for the engine.

It's seen here man, cars like Viper 02 is in Used Cars Dealership.
View attachment 1079252

And Viper GTS '97 was actually in the Legendary Cars for GT4 @MIE1992, along with Dodge Super Bee there.

But I wish that every menu has a representation like how GT Auto does (in a car service place, for others like how Garage displays cars in garage, tuning displays cars in tuning shop, dealership displays cars in dealership, etc.)

View attachment 1079253
That NSX looks fantastic :drool:

I've noticed that the daily roulette it is still present unfortunately...hopefully it doesn't give you free cars but some gadget like clacksons and stuff like that,it is way more satisfying collecting cars by buying them with earned credits than to have them for free.

I've noticed that the daily roulette it is still present unfortunately...hopefully it doesn't give you free cars but some gadget like clacksons and stuff like that,it is way more satisfying collecting cars by buying them with earned credits than to have them for free.
Yeah, hopefully it'll be something like decals. I personally had the idea that with the daily workout, you could get bonus exp for completing it, as you're honing your skill every time you complete it - i.e. gaining literal experience.

Last edited:
It could work like Mileage Exchange. So many slots could have been added. Now, we see how many cars are on a page, the cars could be there bi-weekly, as there aren’t 1000+ cars. However, the colour combinations can make up for that if cars are changed Daily or one or two removed and added Daily.

Low car count is probably the reason the Safety Cars and Gr.3/B road cars took so long to change.

The UCD should display the car use data. PD collect our data from how many races and wins and changes we've done. This should apply to the cars we buy & sell.

How much would the FIA Manu Championship winning car be worth?

What's the worth of a player's car that has the most Kilometers on it? Or the oldest in someone's garage without racing it?

What if I just replaced the FD RX-7 headlights with the RE Amemiya headlights and sold it?

It would make for many unique cars to surf over.

Been thinking about multiple accounts in GT Sport. If we can gift cars in GT7, might make for some fun having my own network of dealers. The way GT Sport gift different cars in Campaign Mode, through my alt accounts, it’d be worth it to see about making my main account a hub for my collection. Or keep my main account limited to a handful of cars.
I could trade with friends or send my alt accounts the duplicates, instead of deleting. I’d probably not have to delete any car for the life of the game.

With Brighton Antiques, look like there are two buildings versus the one for our home garage and one building for used cars.
I guess the Legend Cars run from 1999 and earlier. In GT Sport, it were 1979 and earlier. Might require a separate thread when the game goes live. This aspect of the game could develop into a cool marketplace among GT planet members.

Back