Used cars, Please bring them back for GT4

• Thread starter f1king
  • 10 comments
Not only was it a great idea, it also kept me playing GT2 for months after I'd completed it.

I know it's a lot of man hours for PD, but it adds so much depth. :D

And they should have used American cars too.
I'd love to drive a `91 Camaro, or `95 Mustang. :cool:

I remember reading an interview with Yamauchi where he said that used cars were not included because of modeling time, and game balance. He said that a ~10,000cr R32 Skyline GTR from the used lot could perform almost as well as a ~50,000cr R34 so why buy the new one? Of course, he lets you drive F1's in most of the races, so there goes that argument... :rolleyes:

If there worried about balance, then why not take advantage of the mileage and oil system. Have the R32 Skyline with 17000 miles and good deal of lost performance due to lack of care from the previous owner. That should make things a bit interesting. And also, why stop there? Have used cars with defects such as worn brakes and clutches, and malfunctioning electronics that can be replaced at the tune shop. That way the cost of getting the old cars to perform as well as the new ones will require a good deal of dedication and effort, just like in real life. And ofcourse, that could lead to the introduction of tons more parts to wear down on your race cars, making them pricey to maintain... just like in real life. So all you folks (like me;)) with a few million dollars to spare will have something to spend it on, as well as give those who have completed 100% a reason to keep racing:)

Actually, that's a good line of thought. You could introduce breakdowns (the manufacturers will NEVER agree to this), so the new cars are virtually breakdown free, but the old bangers are prone to breakdowns and wear!

Originally posted by vat_man
Actually, that's a good line of thought. You could introduce breakdowns (the manufacturers will NEVER agree to this), so the new cars are virtually breakdown free, but the old bangers are prone to breakdowns and wear!

I think Hyundi would be the only one to complain. They're selling a 10 year warrenty now! Everyone else knows their cars are going to break down, so they couldn't legitimately argue (:

~LoudMusic

Back