• Thread starter Blake
  • 503 comments

Blake

Premium
Australia
NSW, Australia
haswell00
Short and sweet this time. My predictions:

Renault to qualify early, and start way down the order. Kimi will get pole and walk away with it, with Montoya in toe.

1. Kimi
2. Montoya
3. MS
4. Alonso
5. Trulli
6. Nick
7. Ralf
8. Coulthard

Results

Friday - Practice 1

Friday - Practice 2

Blake

I think BAR might have a good showing. Other than that, i think it's a dead cert that the Mclarens will be fastest.

Blake
Short and sweet this time. My predictions:

Renault to qualify early, and start way down the order. Kimi will get pole and walk away with it, with Montoya in toe.

1. Kimi
2. Montoya
3. MS
4. Alonso
5. Trulli
6. Nick
7. Ralf
8. Coulthard

Blake
Oiy! Where's Fisi, you blue steak eatin', Stubbies pant wearin' roo puffha'!

MY Prediction

1. Kimi Raikingen ( :dopey: because he is the king 👍 )
2. Juan Pablo Montoya
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Micheal Schumacher
5. Jarno Trulli
6. Felipe Massa
7. Cristanijn Albers
8. Nick Heidfeld

PS Its just a guess

Albers 7th???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? um...tyhpo maybe? (yews those question marks were necessary.

To solid lifters, Go fire a gun at someone hick, and Fisi will have a car failure of some sort ;)

[FPV]Rusty
Albers 7th???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? um...tyhpo maybe? (yews those question marks were necessary.

To solid lifters, Go fire a gun at someone hick, and Fisi will have a car failure of some sort ;)
:lol:

His waterbottle will suffer a failure, and short out his car's computer system, or something. After what happened last Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised.

Go Renault!

i think BAR will do pretty good.
1-MS
2-Kimi
3-Montoya
4-Barrichello
5-Alonso
6-Sato?? maybe
7-Heidfelt
8-Webber
9-the whole rest of the pack :)

IA

usgp.jpg

do not forget that the minardi lst year their first and only point hhaha and you gotta give them a chance

I had my fanboy moment yesterday in the Indianapolis Airport. My wife and I had just landed in Indy and were collecting our bags. We were walking and see this guy with long'ish hair sitting in a seat looking none to pleased. I looked at my wife as she looked at me and we both went "Noooo, it couldn't be. What would Jarno Trulli be doing sititng in bag claim...". So we stood there debating if I should go over and shake his hand. Finally two Toyota engineers showed up, looking very sorry. That was all I needed. I walked over and told him I am a big fan and will be cheering for him come Sunday. He smiled back, offered his hand which I shook and he said "Thank You.". I walked away with a huge smile. Of all the drivers who could have been sitting there it was my guy Trulli!!!!

Anyway, the pit walk was alot of fun. I stood in front of the Toyota pits for 4 hours watching the action and chatting with two Toyota F1 PR people (Andy and Hannah) while my wife went around to see the McLarens and Ferraris. As far as I could see Toyota was the only team who had any PR people talking to the crowd for the entire time of the pit walk. Not only were there two PR people mentioned above but over the morning 6 or so engineers came to us to answer questions and such, including one very senior engineer.

Anyway, qualifying tomorrow...

The vibe around the circuit is that Kimi is going to walk away with the race (and season), even among the Toyota team. I think Ferrari will be strong this weekend and will podium (probably MS) but they won't be a serious threat for victory. Alonso will be up there too and he will either fight with Kimi or will fall back. JPM will do well too. I think Toyota/Trulli can podium here too (fingers crossed for JT).

So...

1) Kimi
2) MS
3) Trulli

appie17
do not forget that the minardi lst year their first and only point hhaha and you gotta give them a chance

Yes but only 9 cars finished the race and the 9th car limped home allowing Minardi to score that point. Still I stood in front of the minardi pits when they fired their engine and they run a tight ship. Jordon on the other hand was a friggin mess and more like a bunch of frat boys on a weekend party binge.

I doubt either Jordon will make the end of the race, though I can see the Minardis finish, only in the points if 8 cars are left....

Ah, man, I loved the pit walkabout last year. I wasn't able to make it to it this year, but I just arrived here in Indy this evening and I am SO PUMPED for tomorrow's activites! Ah, its always so fun to come up here - nothing like an F1 weekend! :D

The pit walk(s) that I went on in Oz were pretty ordinary compared to that. We had to walk down the pit straight (yes the track) and look through the fencing at a few people working on the cars. However, our pit walk took place on Saturday morning so the teams were probably a bit more uptight about quali. Any chance of you guys that are there giving some feedback over the weekend? If you have enough time to wipe away that drool!

my prediction..

1: Raikkonen
2: Button
3: Montoya
4: Alonso
5: Trulli
6: Coulthard
7: M Schumacher
8: R Schumacher

:D

So practice is on in about 45 minutes (I should have set my alarm 30 minutes later :lol: ), go Kimi!

Cool kensei 👍

Blake

Kimi's everyone's favorite right now :P me no exception. Hope Schumi would get his first GP but Ferrari seems to have many problems other than tire, I'm not even sure whether he'll be on the podium this time.

Anyway with the amazing pace of McLaren, we still have something to watch for. ( and before Ferrari gets all things sorted out , if ever will this season, there's someone to stand against FA. I like Renault but I dont like seeing FA grabbing the title from off MS this soon )

EDIT: oh I forgot to mention Montoya, it wouldn't suprise me if he end up in the 1st place. He's quite popular here also.

So in practice 2 Ralf hit the wall on the banking, red flagged the session for like 20 minutes. Damaged the car pretty badly but I think he's fine. So that's twice this year he's totalled his car, way to go Top Gun :dopey:.

Go Kimi, go Montoya, McLaren 1, 2 :D

Blake

so what did you guys think of Scott Speed? I was very excited watching him race. but that damn reject, Villeneuve, blocked Scott in the last sector causing him to possibly miss out on a top 5 fastest lap time. I mean he put out a faster lap than Alonso. so I am excited about seeing him secure a race seat and actually compete.

rock. :cool:

Sureshot
Who is doornbos?
Test driver for Jordan.

As for Scott Speed, well he was slower than David in both sessions and faster than Klien, he didn't impress me that much, I'd need to see him in a race seat before I could make up my mind.

Blake

It's about that time of year again, huh? I can't wait for qualifying tommorrow afternoon! I hope this years race is just as good as last year was. I haven't gotten tickets quite yet but hopefully I can buy some tommorrow when I am at the track. If I do go this year, it will make it 4 years in a row that I have gone to the USGP.

I really hope that Alonso can post a better result this year and hopefully even win the race.

Matrixhasu77
It's about that time of year again, huh? I can't wait for qualifying tommorrow afternoon! I hope this years race is just as good as last year was. I haven't gotten tickets quite yet but hopefully I can buy some tommorrow when I am at the track. If I do go this year, it will make it 4 years in a row that I have gone to the USGP.

I really hope that Alonso can post a better result this year and hopefully even win the race.
I couldn't agree with you more on last year's race - that was one of the most exciting GP's I've ever seen. You won't have any trouble finding tickets, either. I don't ever recall seeing this many scalpers in the years before.

Where do you guys like to sit to watch the practice and qualifying sessions?

oh god, derek daly is a commentator on speed now, too?

No Derek Daly is not a normal commentator for F1 on SPEED. I think he is only at the race because it is the USGP and SPEED gives the USGP extra special coverage.

This is really not the best week for a GP. There is just too much stuff going on, with the USGP, Le Mans, and the US Open. I am just not going to have much time to play GT4.

Back