V-Rally 3. This looks like a very good rally game.

NocturnalPS

?¿That's Odd?¿
Staff Emeritus
United States
Tx, Alamo City
XRaptor529
I saw some screen shots of WRC game that (i hope will be comming out here in the U.S.) But if it does not ill be very happy with this game if it comes out here.

"Infogrames Europe announced today that V-Rally 3 is in development at French studio Eden Studios, the team that was responsible for the previous installments in the series. The series is highly popular in Europe, and it has sold more than 4 million units to date.
V-Rally 3 for the PlayStation 2 will feature realistic rally driving with plenty of tracks, fully detailed cars, and a new game engine known internally as Twilight. V-Rally 3's car models are said to contain between 15,000 and 16,000 polygons per car, including multiple layers that allow reflections and dirt to be accurately displayed. Tracks reportedly clock in at more than half a million polygons each.

The tracks in V-Rally 3 are being handmade in 500-meter sections, with one designer being responsible for each track. Infogrames is promising that the tracks will be more interactive than they have been in the past, including objects that break apart when cars slam into them.

The game is scheduled to hit the European market in June. No North American plans have been announced at this time.

By Axel Strohm, GameSpot VG"

vrally3_screen001.jpg

vrally3_screen002.jpg

vrally3_screen003.jpg

vrally3_screen004.jpg

vrally3_screen005.jpg

NICE ONE MATE, THAT LOOKS RATHER TASTY.. IF IT PLAYS ANYTHING LIKE VR2 IT WILL BE BLINDIN'.... I MUST SAY I ALWAYS PREFERED VR2 TO THE COLIN MCRAE GAMES(IMO)....CANT WAIT.

It looks visibly better than WRC. But it all depends on the gameplay because WRC has very good gameplay. Don't get me wrong though the graphics on WRC are very good just nothing like them screenshots.

So I'll guess we'll see in June........

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
NICE ONE MATE, THAT LOOKS RATHER TASTY.. IF IT PLAYS ANYTHING LIKE VR2 IT WILL BE BLINDIN'.... I MUST SAY I ALWAYS PREFERED VR2 TO THE COLIN MCRAE GAMES(IMO)....CANT WAIT.

WHAT??!! HUDSONJONES YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU...

;)
:D

Just kidding , I heard you, now I'm deaf though... ;)

All kidding aside those screenshots look absolutely incredible!!! I thought this game was pretty good on the Dreamcast, and now I can't wait to get my hands on this baby... :D

I still play V-Rally 2 on my Dreamcast and seeing those screens just makes it worse. I think that they will release it in the states. They did the other two and rally racing is getting popular in the States. Speedvision.. er Speed Channel, whatever, has increased their coverage of the WRC for this year and that's good. Even if we don't get all the rally games :mad:

That looks :cool:! However, NFS-VR was horrible, so horrible, that when I sold my PlayStation to my best friend Jake, he prolly liked the game more than I ever did. :P :D

V-Rally had very weird handling, I found it almost unplayable.
V-Rally 2 was much better.
The NFS part is slapped on for the american market; none of these games are actually NFS games.

Back