Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a real shame for Davison. He could've been right up there with the top two. Too bad he's starting from 9th for the next race.

Looks like Courtney got a little bit of help from a PRA car. Davison should look at a replay before acting like a 🤬 on national TV.

Sucks for him, but I think he needs to cool down a bit and watch some video because he's going off on Courtney for no reason. Then of course they kill the SuperView stream right in the middle of his interview. :rolleyes:

There's only so much you can do to avoid an incident like that on such a slow, sharp corner on the first lap of the race. I don't really think there's anyone to blame for that one, just a first lap incident.

The slomo they keep showing looks like Chaz is not just on courtneys bumper at the point of impact. Chaz is on his bumper when they're accelerating after the apex though.

What's the bet Courtney gets penalised for being hit by a PRA car?

Davison is an absolute 🤬 for acting like that, and it doesn't give him a good look. And did I hear him threaten to turn Courtney around "next time I'm behind you"?

Yeah, Mostert was definite giving Courtney a push right at the time he made contact with Davison's car. I can understand his frustration but he should have waited and watched the replay before making himself look like a fool on TV.

And Bullas' Mustang goes...
V7uWBDGy2hnepZX4Sx45JUvwSKW2iSr0oKn8T3S1UsmiIqhLQJU0hsuZUf9_orydOeCXXXKMh64RkYI8bKIJIj9Tx8um_rGyaG5iN3Mao6iJuR_qKweB4g7XwqyWGAiiJk3QFw65aFAAbRetkRXO=w313-h470-nc

Will Davison saying, "Apologise, why should I when I'm the one going backwards".

My response if I was Courtney; "Get a better car". :lol:

Chaz says he didn't hit first(Of course).The video shows Courtney already on Wils bumper from apex to exit. Mostert hit after the Courtneys contact with Wil. *rubs hands*We'll see what happens if Wil has the same speed as the first race.

is that an FG X Aussie Racing car with shelby colors?

Mostert hit Courtney who in turn was pushed into and turned around Davison. Mostert will want nothing of this as he has already seen Davison's reaction and is obviously going to wipe his hands of anything.

No one should be penalised, but Davison's reaction, while it is good to see drivers fired up, was a bit childish, and threatening to turn a driver around is never a good idea, so possibly a fine should go his way.

Mostert hit Courtney who in turn was pushed into and turned around Davison. Mostert will want nothing of this as he has already seen Davison's reaction and is obviously going to wipe his hands of anything.

You could argue that in turn Mostert was being pushed by Reynolds. Don't think it's right to blame anyone for that, a racing incident nothing more. Glad that the stewards see it the same way, would have been a freakin joke if they penalised Courtney for it.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to see how PRA work together(yeah right, not in this series) so Red Bull don't pull away.

Great explanation of the incident by Jason Bargwanna, something that clears everything up and gives us, the viewers, a chance to see how the V8SC officials work.

The #33 team is getting enough practice changing engines they could do it in 5 minutes at the end of the season. :P

Edit: Obviously not cool though...

Cheeseburger: "..I hope he doesn't come and slap me at the end of the race like he did James!.." :lol:

111- dagnabit!

Last edited:
The problem with this track is that it's way too hard to pass and these sprint races are effectively just follow the leader time.

Edit: and getting tired of all the interviews...

Last edited:
its just a drag race from turn 4 to turn 6 and turn 7 to turn 4.

I agree about the interviews. Murphy just needed to leave Ryan Madison alone after the first response.

Sometimes these drivers fight when they don't need to. Other times they don't fight when they need to. Reynolds just lets Courtney by. All he had to do was block a little longer. Get help from Frosty to catch up. Even if James was faster, prolong the inevitable. I think Reynolds is gone anyway.

I think Reynolds is gone anyway.

Yeah same. Coming out and saying that Reynolds is his driving for his career before the season even started was poor form. Cam Waters in that seat next year, maybe?

Cam Waters in that seat next year, maybe?

I'd second that. The young DVS drivers are the pick of the lot today. They're fast, hungry and no ego. Watching these type cars for years and getting to drive in the main game is a dream come true.

I'd second that. The young DVS drivers are the pick of the lot today. They're fast, hungry and no ego. Watching these type cars for years and getting to drive in the main game is a dream come true.

Reynolds will win Bathurst and the endurance cup this year, though you need to remember that the bottl'o car and super bad racing are B cars in that stable, and I think he is feeling that he is a B car already early in the season, letting Courtney by could be more a "help me, before I hinder him" move, think back to when he was in Kelly racing, in 2011 he got crapped on by them at Bathurst and he went a stuck that car in the top 10, and kept it there all day, while murphy and the others just fell back,

When he didn't take that dive to win Bathurst, that hurt his stocks. Still underperforming behind Davison, Whincup and Mostert. Hey, I wish him wins from now to December. But he's not consistent. Well, he's consistently up and down. He can drive. But he hasn't even had a Fabian Coulthard kind of season at all.

He's got his win at Surfers. Cool. Had a shot at Bathurst last year. Not his fault for the DNF. We'll see how he goes today with pace and if the team provide him a clever strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back