Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing qualifying for Courtney, HRT are normally really good on soft tyres though, so fingers crossed his car is better during the race. And great runs for Reynolds and Heimgartner (Again!) but I seriously doubt if anyone is going to beat Lowndes today.
Thanks for the new avatar. ;)

šŸ‘ šŸ‘

*YAWN*

Hopefully the next race features fewer Red Bull cars or this season is going to get boring really fast. I hate to say it, but 2017 can't get here soon enough, I just hope that with the new regs V8SC doesn't go the way of F1 where one team gets the new changes right (likely to be RBR) and dominates. Racing becomes really boring when that happens, which is a major reason why I stopped watching WRC when Loeb was on a tear, and F1 last year was crap.

At least Lowndes doesn't complain about penalties unlike his teammate and he doesn't whinge when he loses. The only T8 person I can stand, and love.

*YAWN*

Hopefully the next race features fewer Red Bull cars or this season is going to get boring really fast. I hate to say it, but 2017 can't get here soon enough, I just hope that with the new regs V8SC doesn't go the way of F1 where one team gets the new changes right (likely to be RBR) and dominates. Racing becomes really boring when that happens, which is a major reason why I stopped watching WRC when Loeb was on a tear, and F1 last year was crap.

Hmm, if the RX-8 was still in production. Makes me wonder...

Shows how much better the Red Bull cars are when Lowndes can serve a drive through penalty and still manages to finish 6th. Was hoping that Adelaide and the GP races were a sign that the rest of the field had closed the gap to them. Apparently not.

When he didn't take that dive to win Bathurst, that hurt his stocks. Still underperforming behind Davison, Whincup and Mostert. Hey, I wish him wins from now to December. But he's not consistent. Well, he's consistently up and down. He can drive. But he hasn't even had a Fabian Coulthard kind of season at all.

He's got his win at Surfers. Cool. Had a shot at Bathurst last year. Not his fault for the DNF. We'll see how he goes today with pace and if the team provide him a clever strategy.

I take it you're referring to 2012? If so then you should take a moment and have a look at qualifying then watch the last 10 laps, he was working that car as fast as it had been all weekend, there wasn't more to come from it, if there was he'd have won, but I think that performance makes him the first person ever to be remembered as coming second, I cant remember who won that year,

And its always best be remembered fighting for the win and finishing second then being remembered for crashing and ruining someone's race,

Also last year I'm fairly sure he broke the lap record in qualifying by a good margin over frosty before crashing and having his time pulled for bringing out the red flag, don't quote me on that as I was rather lubricated and getting showered in his bits from his car,

I just caught up with the weekends racing (love having V8 Superview) and was surprised about PRA after their showing at Albert Park. They were still strong though

Awesome from Lowndesy, just a shame he made that mistake in race 3 to stop a perfect weekend going for his 100th win. Still, his desire and pace is there at 40 years old

I take it you're referring to 2012? If so then you should take a moment and have a look at qualifying then watch the last 10 laps, he was working that car as fast as it had been all weekend, there wasn't more to come from it, if there was he'd have won, but I think that performance makes him the first person ever to be remembered as coming second, I cant remember who won that year,

And its always best be remembered fighting for the win and finishing second then being remembered for crashing and ruining someone's race,

Also last year I'm fairly sure he broke the lap record in qualifying by a good margin over frosty before crashing and having his time pulled for bringing out the red flag, don't quote me on that as I was rather lubricated and getting showered in his bits from his car,

I remember the race. It's why he had the chance to win it. His car was faster and Whincup didn't have enough fuel. That's why David pushed those last 10. During the interviews, Whincup was waiting for it. He says he's surprised David didn't go for it down the inside at forest elbow and at the last turn. Reynolds even regrets not firing it down the inside. He said next time he won't back off. Like I mentioned, I do hope he gets wins in the FG X. We would have seen a good show if Lowndes didn't turn him. Reynolds said he left Lowndes room. But like Ingall said, "he has to grow some." Frosty learned his lesson for being too kind as well. So did Coulthard. Now we have to wait 4-5 weeks to see if Reynolds wants to deliver.

Past short interviews with Ambrose made it seem like he knew the cars had not changed. With Gen2, drivers felt they were/are more closer to Carrera Cup cars. I remember he wasn't keen to drive one for the enduros. It was like don't even ring him because it was what he already knew. I feel he didn't think he'd be winning. I do believe he thought he'd be in top 10 all season.

Ambrose mentioned he had to get back to driving on the right and these the sequential box. Then he adds he has to get used to the braking. A two year contract with no future I can see with another team. I don't know what he's going to do in 2017.

Past short interviews with Ambrose made it seem like he knew the cars had not changed. With Gen2, drivers felt they were/are more closer to Carrera Cup cars. I remember he wasn't keen to drive one for the enduros. It was like don't even ring him because it was what he already knew. I feel he didn't think he'd be winning. I do believe he thought he'd be in top 10 all season.

Ambrose mentioned he had to get back to driving on the right and these the sequential box. Then he adds he has to get used to the braking. A two year contract with no future I can see with another team. I don't know what he's going to do in 2017.

Yeah well he's at that age where he's not probably going to stay for long anyway, he should have seen out his days in nascar or gone the way of endurance racing,

Definitely. He should have jumped in a sports car or Carrera Cup or the DVS. But, we here felt he did a good job in the first round.

Fan Boost for Bathurst 1000
This yearā€™s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 will see V8 Supercars introduce a ā€˜fan boostā€™ feature, giving chosen drivers a temporary horsepower increase.

The V8 Boost system will allow fans to vote via social media for their favourite driver, with the most popular receiving an extra shot of 41bhp for a maximum of 60 seconds.

The system is similar to that run in the inaugural FIA Formula E Championship.
In a V8 Supercars twist, Australian fans will also be able to vote on which driver they want to see endure a similarly structured power reduction, known as V8 Reduce.

Viewers will be able to see when the boost is engaged with high intensity LED lights flashing green when the team chooses to benefit from the extra horsepower.

A red LED light will similarly be activated when the team chooses to take their horsepower penalty.

Happy April Fools day. :P

Last edited:
I prefer last years crazy idea of running Mt. Panorama in the reverse direction over Easter.

Yeah well he's at that age where he's not probably going to stay for long anyway, he should have seen out his days in nascar or gone the way of endurance racing,
I think he would be happy to keep driving if DJR penske had two cars, but since it's a 1 car operation what he did was probably the right thing to do, even though i still think he didn't do that bad and having a shootout spot on your 2nd Round is impressive.

I think he would be happy to keep driving if DJR penske had two cars, but since it's a 1 car operation what he did was probably the right thing to do, even though i still think he didn't do that bad and having a shootout spot on your 2nd Round is impressive.

Yeah, but other then Ingall who barely would have met the criteria of Penske who else was there? Pye wasn't given a second car because he didn't meet the requirements,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back