Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winton has to stay, it always provides great racing, bring back the Hamilton street circuit,

The issue with Calder and Adelaide international raceway is every time Rodney gets Bob Jane T-Marts in a positions to revamp the circuits old Bob gets a divorce,

DJR Team Penske confirm Ipswich test.
Marcos Ambrose and DJR Team Penske will be on track at Queensland Raceway later this week, making early use of their one and only private test day for the season.

The team is scheduled to hit the track on Thursday, running through an extensive test program with both Ambrose and Scott Pye at the wheel.

The #17 Ford will share the Ipswich venue with Erebus Motorsport, which plans to utilise a rookie day for Ashley Walsh

Wonder if he'll jump in sooner rather than later.

GRM thinking about entering the S60 in the DVS. That I'd love to see. I'd like to see Erebus and the Altimas in there too.

Wonder if he'll jump in sooner rather than later.

GRM thinking about entering the S60 in the DVS. That I'd love to see. I'd like to see Erebus and the Altimas in there too.

I'm not sure that they can until the spec changes make it up to current regulation V8SC, but seeing that there is only 4-5 current spec cars not being used the resale value will be through the roof,

Sebastian Bourdais set to join Lee Holdsworth for the Enduro Cup, as revealed by Inside Supercars.

Sebastian Bourdais set to join Lee Holdsworth for the Enduro Cup, as revealed by Inside Supercars.

Aww man. I recorded it. :banghead: :D ;)

The NewGen cars are eligible next year. Thing is, when the '17 regs are drawn out, who is going to want to buy one of the '13-'16 chassis if they are different to the '17?
Anyway, I'm sure there will be more NewGen Holdens on the DVS grid than any other make.

Last edited:
Aww man. I recorded it. :banghead: :D ;)
:lol: I'll put it in a Spoiler next time just for you. ;)

It was a good show, loved the Rivalries theme. Shane Jacobson was the 'Celebrity Guest', he was alot better than Liz Ellis and Mark Bosnich as he knew what he was talking about... Same can't be said for Rhian Crehan, again.

EDIT- Good to see my engine builders, Pro Karting get a mention from Whincup. At least he did something right...:D

Last edited:
Yeah, the show was entertaining. Good laughs at the end. Bourdais is a good luck charm. Holdsworth's best shot since he and Caruso at Bathurst in a GRM.

Sebastian Bourdais set to join Lee Holdsworth for the Enduro Cup,

Wow, I was not expecting that. Big ask for Sebastian seeing as he's never raced at Bathurst before but I'm sure he'll do a fine job.
It was a good show, loved the Rivalries theme. Shane Jacobson was the 'Celebrity Guest', he was alot better than Liz Ellis and Mark Bosnich as he knew what he was talking about... Same can't be said for Rhian Crehan, again.

EDIT- Good to see my engine builders, Pro Karting get a mention from Whincup. At least he did something right...:D

I missed it too. Sounds good a pretty good show though.

These would make awesome V8 Support race cars and it's own series.
mazda-3-v8-425x260.png

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/04/22/more-mazda-v8-in-build-as-marc-expands/
marc-mazda-3-e1429591327922.png

To be honest if they continue to progress and built on their own learning, in 2020 they would be the perfect replacement for the DVS car, though I hope they continue to build on their current success of these overseas,

Weren't these cars built for a Global touring car series that flopped?

These guys have a real shot. Le Broq is the real deal.

Great opportunity for Jack. Definite top ten contenders. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them on the podium either. 👍

Last edited:
Yes, fair point but the Davison brothers did finish 4th last year (Okay, yes that was a bat crap crazy race). And as long as they can stay out of trouble, I can't see why Walsh/Le Broq couldn't do something similar.

And on the subject of Bathurst. V8 Supercars keen to expand Bathurst grid.
V8 Supercars will give Dunlop Series teams automatic entry to the Bathurst 1000 if they buy a New Generation chassis.

The move follows the race’s smallest ever grid last year, where just the 25 full-time V8 Supercars Championship entries took part.

Dunlop Series teams previously had to apply for a wildcard, which could be granted at the discretion of V8 Supercars.
"There is a two-year phase in for the new generation cars – so it is not compulsory to upgrade for next season,” read a V8 Supercars statement on the Dunlop Series changeover.

“But if teams get in early and purchase a new gen car soon, they will be granted permission to run as a wild card at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 this October.”

Good idea for Bathurst I would say, even though last years grid was small you didn't really notice it as the race was epic.

Yeah, hopefully they can get the full 33 car grid filled out, even though some of those cars wont have a hope in hell for them to win overall, it would be like a GTE Pro/ Am with a whole battle between 10-12 cars, would be fantastic,

They should, at least, offer a trophy for the highest place Dunlop Series team. Great move though. I wonder if teams who compete in both series will enter their second tier cars in the event or if it'll be too big of an operation.

They should, at least, offer a trophy for the highest place Dunlop Series team. Great move though. I wonder if teams who compete in both series will enter their second tier cars in the event or if it'll be too big of an operation.

Depends on the team, T8 would nail it, along with PRA, maybe BJR also, but for any smaller team it would be a huge task, from memory only GRM, DJR and Erebus have an extra car, not sure if any other teams do, and would it be worth other teams getting FG's considering how much of a difference the FG-X body work makes,

Depends on the team, T8 would nail it, along with PRA, maybe BJR also, but for any smaller team it would be a huge task, from memory only GRM, DJR and Erebus have an extra car, not sure if any other teams do, and would it be worth other teams getting FG's considering how much of a difference the FG-X body work makes,
How will those teams be able to do that without compromising their main team?

Unless your saying they make the Dunlop team the main team for Bathurst so they can do two birds with 1 stone.

55 car field for the 12H. Just get as many cars in and let's see what happens. There will be passing and thrills and spills and crying and gnashing of teeth. So much win. So much hype before the current cars phase out. Next year will have to be the biggest grid before we say good bye to the Commodore and Falcon.

Those MARC V8's were going to be a part of the Kuhmo V8 field this year. I can't remember why it fell through, but it would have been an interesting move IMO.

How will those teams be able to do that without compromising their main team?

Unless your saying they make the Dunlop team the main team for Bathurst so they can do two birds with 1 stone.

It all depends on the resources of the team, "Skaife Racing" was all T8, and it didn't hinder the main 2 contenders,

I just say let them in regardless. The REC system and everything associated with it ridiculously complicated and has in all honesty contributed to the series downfall.

all the DVS need are restrictors for Bathurst. Turn them down to about 550hp. Let them run with the big dogs. That's all that has to be done.
The teams that buy the NewGen cars run as is. Let them make the choice if they want to go for it all versus main game drivers or the DVS Bathurst trophy on Sunday. Having them run the 250km the day before is fine.
Only deciding factor, is if a team's car is unrepairable Saturday.

I don't believe that the DVS cars were as fast at Bathurst last year, but they are still faster in a straight line, however, from experience with one of those DVS commodores last year it was an ex HRT car as run by Courtney, but other teams weren't quite so lucky and had purchased cars built specifically for the DVS not former V8SC cars, and they didn't have the refuelling equipment pre built into the car or had the fuel fill on the wrong side, this equipment is over the top expensive,

The issue I also see arising in allowing the DVS cars to run will mean more paying drivers for this cars, which 99.8% of the racing is ok, the other .02 is Draccone and Kogay,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back